Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:06 PM
Default Adding translation to an existing mod
Hello,

I created a translation of an existing mod. What are the steps to integrate them in the mod? Do I have to contact the creator of this mod for him/her to integrate it into his/her mod? Do I have to download the existing mod? Do you need someone's approval? I don't know if I'm in the right forum.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 5:14 PM
Hey there!

First of all, it depends if you want the mod translated only for personal use or do you want the original author to update the mod with your translations. If you want it only for personal use, you can translate it and play with the translated mod without any problems or having to contact someone.

If you'd like your translations to be available to everyone, then you should contact the author of the original mod and tell him/her that you translated the mod into your language. If nobody else did it first, he/she'll probably tell you to send him/her some STBL files or the translation.

Anyways, you should check out this link. It provides a lot of helpful information translation mods. http://modthesims.info/t/570244

If you have more doubts, you can contact me whenever you want, I have pretty much experience translating some mods :D