Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
You know how people made a main-hood version of Bluewater? Maybe someone's done that for Twiikii as well. Let me check that for you.

Thank you so much, that's really kind of you! If not I might give it a go (and potentially upload it if I can make it good enough). Thank you again though, I appreciate it! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM
I would love to make/see a Once Upon A Time hood theme. I would love to make a storybrooke town someday :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Thank you so much, that's really kind of you! If not I might give it a go (and potentially upload it if I can make it good enough). Thank you again though, I appreciate it! :lovestruc

I'm giving it a go myself I'm going to change all of the hotel lots into apartments, I think that works better, right?

It's definitely Twiikki Island you'd like, too? :D
Alchemist
#29 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:09 PM
a Storybrooke neighborhood might be nice. though the show had a number of different versions of it.
which version of Storybrooke would the neighborhood be?
Scholar
#30 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:11 PM
I thought about making a Star Trek one once... got the clothing and career, but never got round to making the hood!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 9:04 AM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 15th Jun 2018 at 10:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mirantia
I would love to make/see a Once Upon A Time hood theme. I would love to make a storybrooke town someday :D

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
a Storybrooke neighborhood might be nice. though the show had a number of different versions of it.

YESSSSS THAT IS THE BEST SUGGESTION I HAVE HEARD :D

Ahhh, probably the original version? When Emma first arrives, or something. I don't think the ice-wall would be easy to do (maybe recolouring that rock that stands straight up to be icy blue?) and imagine doing that convoluted family tree... *_*
But, I'd love that I'd do it myself if I could make sims look like the actors.

You could make NYC a downtown to add on, maybe.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:35 PM
I'm giving it a go myself I'm going to change all of the hotel lots into apartments, I think that works better, right?

ahem...hand raised. Actually, I'd love it if someone would do all of them.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
ahem...hand raised. Actually, I'd love it if someone would do all of them.

Ahhh...I gave it a go and managed to use HoodReplace to make Twiikki Island (WHICH LOOKED PERFECT), but the hotels kinda glitched? When I made them into apartments and moved someone in, it'd just take me to the build screen. I couldn't play them, even though I fully converted them, gave them correct doors and everything (which took ages so I'm disappointed). And I couldn't bring the tourists in as townies. So I scrapped it :/ sorry folks
Mad Poster
#34 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I've always wanted to do hoods based on the vacation destinations. It would mean having to essentially build each hood twice, so that the vacation destinations matched the expanded hoods, and then extract the sims I created in the main hoods to use as vacation locals (so that I'd see the same ones walking around when I attached the vacation hoods).

As someone who lives in a place most people think of as a vacation destination, I love this idea, and it's one of those ideas that's always kinda been in the back of my mind to try my hand at, but that I'll probably never get around to...

I also really want to make a cyberpunk hood sometime... Style-wise, somewhere between Gotham and Blade Runner/Neuromancer, and a setting that would actually justify Servos (which I just have suspension of disbelief issue with otherwise, so I hardly use them). So much of the EAxis stuff is odd takes on high tech, it seems like it could be fun to play with on a larger scale than the one cyberpunk lot that I've created so far.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:22 PM
I'm trying to do a Storybrooke one now, because now I really want to do that. I've put a request in GOS for a SC4 file but that's no go at the minute. I'll just have to wait for a while. I really wish I had SC4 now :/
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:30 PM
Check the online sellers. I got SC4 for $5 and it only took 3 days to reach me. YMMV.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#37 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM

I would so love Twiikii in particular - I feel the urge to create a Caribbean feel for it over the silly bamboo everything. I love the idea of creating the hotels as apartments!

Edit: @Zarathustra,

I am in awe of your builds - absolute awe. I always like to challenge myself to build something half as good and detailed and clever (I usually get more like 1/18th of the way there but hey, even that much still improves my builds significantly lol)

I'd love to see your Gotham hood - I'm in love with the gothic university subhood you were working on and will be one of the first to download it when/if it's available.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:36 PM
One hood I'd like to see is something along the lines of Skyrim or LOTR, but more centered on magic and magical races. I'm sure it can be done, but would probably take hell lot of work.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:52 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 15th Jun 2018 at 8:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Check the online sellers. I got SC4 for $5 and it only took 3 days to reach me. YMMV.

You know what, thinking about it, I might have it. I think I may have bought it and forgotten about it, you know? I'll check in my games cupboard now, but now I'm sure I've seen it in my room.

EDIT: wow just my luck -_- I found it, but it's missing the activation code and it only has disk 2 in it. i'm gonna go to the nearest cex and see if they have it I guess

EDIT2: I'm going to contact the EA support and see if I can get it on origin.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:26 PM
Origin had SC on sale for 4$ once. I would have bought it if I already didn't have it and if it weren't on origin.

One thing to note tho. With SC4, Mootilda's hood replace and lot adjuster and with lots of great looking neighborhoood CC from here, you can make any hood posibility. I have a wild, jungle themed hood without any roads whatsoever. I need to get that one working once again.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:34 PM
I'm trying to do a Storybrooke one now, because now I really want to do that. I've put a request in GOS for a SC4 file but that's no go at the minute. I'll just have to wait for a while. I really wish I had SC4 now :/

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Origin had SC on sale for 4$ once. I would have bought it if I already didn't have it and if it weren't on origin.

One thing to note tho. With SC4, Mootilda's hood replace and lot adjuster and with lots of great looking neighborhoood CC from here, you can make any hood posibility. I have a wild, jungle themed hood without any roads whatsoever. I need to get that one working once again.

You can buy a digital copy of SimCity 4 at GOG for only $4.99 at the moment (they're having a summer sale).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
You can buy a digital copy of SimCity 4 at GOG for only $4.99 at the moment (they're having a summer sale).

I'll have a look. I'm trying and failing to contact EAxis at the minute (cursing my mountainous surroundings for awful internet), but failing that, there's a shop nearby me that I think probably sells it for around 50p, and if not 50p, still pretty darn cheap.

EDIT: Yep! 50p! https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=5030930036386
Forum Resident
#43 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 6:34 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 16th Jun 2018 at 6:40 PM. Reason: correcting a typo!
I have been planning and plotting a theme for a vacation sub-hood. I'm eager to create a Wild Western Frontier vacation spot. I've been collecting CC for it, for quite awhile now, but I tend to have BIG ideas and mediocre execution. I like to quote Dr. Evil: "I'm not really a hands-on Evil Genius".

i have several potential names for my vacation hood: Baño del Diablo, Coyote Creek, Devil's Gulch, Church Howerton, Superstition, and Saddlesore Ridge.

The hood would be desert. It would have a main road (perfect for high-noon shootouts at 20 paces). There'd be a saloon, loaded with card tables and booze, and some upstairs hotel rooms. There'd be an "establishment" for companionship at night and a continental breakfast come morning, named "Strumpets & Crumpets". There'd be a train station, with a steam engine. And there'd be a "secret lot" with an old gold prospector, down by the abandoned mill on the creek at the bottom of the gulch. There'd be a Boot Hill, where the resident ghost, "Scardy-Cat Jones" was rumored to haunt (and possibly teach visitors a song, a la Captain Dragg. I was thinking of lifting the simlish "on Top of Old Smokey" from TS1's campfire songs). There'd be the sinister bandit, Buford Bucksnort, one of the town's MOST WANTED villains, who roams around town from time to time, causing a ruckus (can you describe the ruckus??). And there'd be an old Frontier Fort, whose name is undecided, but could potentially be named Fort Wounded Moccasin or Fort Chicken, which was once under the command of a southern gentleman who rose to the rank of Colonel... There would be an inexpensive location, where your sims can rough it under the stars in a teepee and/or a sleeping bag. And, borrowing from @JustJones excellent work, there'd be custom souvenirs available, too.

There'd be a learnable local greeting, which I haven't settled on... I was thinking, a tip of the cowboy hat, but not everybody wears a cowboy hat. I thought on an indian "how" kinda greeting. Or maybe just a cowboy kind of celebration, of firing pistols into the air. There'd be a special western dance. On that one, i've thought, you could swipe some of the anims of the "stomp in puddle" action.

For hood deco, i'd hoped to find (but haven't had much success thus far) a large troop of buffalo, circling vultures, some old bones, some desert scrub vegetation and stone monuments (so the landscape looks more authentic, rather than just like a dust bowl!), possibly a herd of mustangs, maybe some fence posts and cows (which, i did, indeed find!) for a deco dude ranch... or just a deco dude ranch, haha. And possibly some other Indian artifacts.

And REALLY deep on my wish-list (possibly in place of a greeting?) could be a "shootout at 20 paces" social interaction

On a side-note... the thought of a high-tech or urban techno-dense hood mentioned above... one that would justify Servos ...is an intriguing concept, too.

And lastly, I'd like to second the high praise for @Zarathustra, whose work never ceases to amaze me. =)

that's my story, and i'm sticking with it. And to those of you who made it to the end of this lengthy submission, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it, and that maybe it inspired a handful of imaginative brainstorms... or, at the very least, a light drizzle would be satisfactory!

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 6:56 PM
Here's something I though of a while ago:
Gauss Colony, named after the famous mathematician (and to carry on with the "things named after Gauss" joke), a formerly scientifical colony estabilished by Sixam aliens and Earth earthlings(?) is open for residents.
The idea is to have a neighborhood with public facilities, apartments for rents, townies in the form of scientifical and space exploration personnel but no playables, so that the player is free to begin their stories from there.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Space Pony
#45 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:56 AM
Takemizu and Twikkikii were done by drew, here:

http://andy-drews.tumblr.com/post/1...i-guys-sorry-it

and

http://andy-drews.tumblr.com/post/1...guys-here-we-go

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:07 AM
I'd like to have Oasis Landing for TS2, but it would need too much CC.
Instructor
#47 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:29 AM

Thanks Prah! I've been looking for a sale like this.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:45 AM

I'm amazed that game is still worth 17$. I'd pay full price if I had to buy it again.
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759

Wasn't storybrooke always the same in all curses? I thought the curses only changed what would happen to you when you try to leave town (forgetting, turning into a monkey or a tree etc)
Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:54 PM

Oh, if you are able to make it, please share it! I'd love to have that hood for my sims . I don't have SC4 either...
Page 2 of 4