Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:01 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:56 PM.
Default Rewarding unemployeed sims with career rewards?
How would go away your way of rewarding a sim with career gizmos without well... attaining through job progression? I need tips for my hood that revolves around employee-less sims.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:30 PM
Are you asking how to get career rewards without going through the career? Sophie David has buyable versions of them.

Are you asking what criteria to use to decide under which conditions unemployed sims get which buyable career reward? I think that would vary a lot, depending on how the sims are making their livings without careers. You might grant them to the owners of appropriate businesses when the business reaches a certain level. Perhaps the owner of an entertainment venue like a bowling alley or sports field would get the putting green on reaching 5th level, while a nightclub owner got the Music career reward at the same level. The Music reward would also be a good one for sims who make their livings busking at community lots with musical instruments. The novelist would get the Journalism award after a certain number of successful novels or when the payment dialog declared her a best-seller, an artist would get the camera after selling the first "masterpiece." Not all of the rewards are easy matches with at-home income methods, but I bet as you play along you'll stumble across a situation that says: "This person needs a counterfeiting machine!" or whatever.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:37 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:02 PM.
Yes to the 2nd question. Also, thank you for the ideas. I might incorporate them As for Luminous Pro Antique Camera, I thought hey it's an ordinary item, so it would much more sensible to just claim it from buy mode. For Oceanography and Slacker, I thought that those should be obtained when Fishing and Gardening respective golden badge are reached. Or as a matter of fact, the latter could be either or too required flower arrangement's. I also see setting some to have a criterion over being unlocked of what the hobby correlates to it when the said hobby's enthusiasm of it is maxed/topped, like the punching bag for Sports/Fitness. Well, it's a matter of time of playing and discovering ideas for ways I could define such CR unlocking rules overtime.

P.S. Actually, counterfeiting machine is an aspiration reward (just thought to let you know If you had the career reward type in mind).

Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:49 PM
Penig might have confused the counterfeiting machine with the lie-detector. I've no idea what kind of sim would need that thing though, it's not even particularly good at training creativity (and a lot of other methods also earn you money and/or are fun).
  • If you have Uni, your sims can help other sims on exercise equipment for money. I once set up a fitness-centrum business with a ticket machine and Simlogical's fitness machines with autonomous use enabled and the owner earned a little more (and made it more realistic) by helping sims exercise. This way they might earn the punching bag or that military course maybe?
  • The fingerprint scanner from Law Enforcement is a though one, maybe a scientific approach and reward them to whomever has discovered X many things with the telescope; or maybe the law enforcement way of someone who successfully fought the Unsavory Charlatan X times ? Or maybe owning a Lvl 5 museum (gotta find out who touched that really expensive vase!). Or just high Science Hobby enthusiasm, even though it's not connected with that hobby. (The science hobby is unrealistically boring in the Sims 2, so personally I'm always looking for a way to expand it.)
  • The chocolate machine from the Culinary career could go to those who win a food contest X times (it's a big bulky fairly useless thing though).
  • The podium from the Politics career is another difficult one. Maybe more general stores, like furniture stores, or garden centers, because sale techniques are a bit more important there? Or owning the ultimate place to plot political schemes: coffeeshops and bars! Or hairdressers, who can use being good at (small) talk and comforting upset clients.
I only recently started playing with Seasons and Freetime, so I don't really know the career rewards from those EPs, but the Gaming career reward could be for having a successful arcade or other electronic entertainment businesses.
The architect one could be for selling houses (although, by the time your sim can afford to do that, what do they need the drawing table for?). Or selling build-mode stuff.

Some career rewards are definitely better than others, so you might want to base the criteria for unlocking something on how useful the thing is. And yes, most CRs have Hobby Enthusiasm if you install Seasons.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:52 PM
@Isa-WP Good idea for chocolate machine. Win a food contest to earn it. Speaking of food contest, the pinball machine could go well with a gaming contest. Still not sure about the others. The podium is a difficult one. When you say by 'successful', do you mean a business reaching great reports by the reviewed reporter NPC or by reaching specific rank of the business?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:18 PM
BoilingOil has an aspiration notebook thingy that lets you buy the career rewards.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:40 PM
shipped version methods of getting career rewards without going through the career::
-some cheat specifically for all career rewards; I think Nightlife or later.
-testingcheatsenabled cheat; Shift-click on any newspaper (while Adult or Young Adult) is selected) then choose "Career Rewards" menu then the career.
-have a sim that has one (or more) give it/them to the sim through the gift giving social.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:38 PM
The podium - the one that gives charisma - is perfect for sims who entertain free style (more charisma points will earn them more money) - so I'd give it to them after they have earned a certain amount.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@Isa-WP Good idea for chocolate machine. Win a food contest to earn it. Speaking of food contest, the pinball machine could go well with a gaming contest. Still not sure about the others. The podium is a difficult one. When you say by 'successful', do you mean a business reaching great reports by the reviewed reporter NPC or by reaching specific rank of the business?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant reaching a certain level. No idea why I worded it so vaguely.