Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:35 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM.
Default Project package textures (Solved)
I don't seem to be understanding Body Shop at all.

All I'm aiming to do is make a copy of a full outfit, edit the textures, and see it as a new separate entry in CAS. What's confusing me is that anything created from Body Shop seems to have its textures slaved to the BMPs within the project folder rather than those within the package? How do creators change this to reference what's inside the package file?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:35 AM
Did you import the project to game?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:11 AM
Yup. Editing the textures in the packages does nothing before or after importing.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:20 AM
Are you overwriting the project bitmaps?

Remember that some photo editing programs will save a copy in a different format (for example, Photoshop will use .psd) so you need to actually overwrite the original project files. Faylen has an image to show this:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=172166
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:42 AM
I am overwriting them and they show up in Body Shop when refreshed. But at no point does editing the textures in the package do anything. Those textures aren't even updated when I replace the BMPs and import to game.

I'm gathering this isn't what should happen? Maybe I have a program permission constraint somewhere.

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:51 AM
Oh, I got it. So the final version is saved to SavedSims folder. I was editing the package within Projects and moving it to Downloads.

Thanks you

Squee.

Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:05 AM
(that outfit is super cute.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Oh, I got it.
Squee.

Hooray! Lovely outfit. :lovestruc