Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:27 PM
Default Distorted teen conversion mesh
Hallo, dang I feel like I'm constantly running here with problems, maybe someday I'll have answers, too, aha.
Anyhoo, I've done adult to teen conversion before, but for some reason this time the mesh always ends up like this:

Yea, so I'm trying to convert an adult female mesh to a teen one. The texture is frightful because it's still the teen one, I used a swimwear mesh to clone and create the new mesh package. I've been following this tutorial for the most part, but not completely as I have done this successfully before.

needless to say, there seems to be quite a lot of distortion. everything looks fine in milkshape (see attached picture), and I've remade the SimPE file a few times using different basegame meshes as a base, I've remade the file in milkshape, too. /i'm not sure whwere I've gone wrong, tbh. I've included the files in a zip if yall want to take a look.

Thank you very much for reading and putting up with my shenanigans!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  onlyfrillsandhorsesdistortedteenconversion.zip (190.8 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content

With love from Katsurin! ♥ ⃛ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ^๑ )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 12:59 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Aug 2018 at 2:51 PM.
You need to import the skeleton/mesh for the age you're converting TO, then import over the mesh you're converting. So if you're converting FROM adult TO teen, you'd have to first import a teen mesh then an adult mesh. I suspect you may have done it the other way around, because that mesh looks to be adult height.

(Remember to click "no" if you get the quiestion of importing another skeleton).

You may be able to salvage it by first importing a teen mesh, then importing your edited mesh over it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You need to import the skeleton/mesh for the age you're converting TO, then import over the mesh you're converting. So if you're converting FROM adult TO teen, you'd have to first import a teen mesh then an adult mesh. I suspect you may have done it the other way around, because that mesh looks to be adult height.

(Remember to click "no" if you get the quiestion of importing another skeleton).

You may be able to salvage it by first importing a teen mesh, then importing your edited mesh over it.

yeah I did originally do it as the adult mesh over the teen; however I just did it again and it seems to have worked this time! so yeah, not sure what changed. thank you!

With love from Katsurin! ♥ ⃛ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ^๑ )