Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CandyD's Balanced Calories Mod - Natural Metabolism Part 2/3 (Patch 1.47.49.1020 Update)

by DarkSimister Posted 6th Aug 2018 at 8:39 PM - Updated 21st Nov 2018 at 2:13 PM by DarkSimister : Fixed corrupted file error

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 12:02 AM
Is it possible to make this mod work with GrayCurse's GrayCurse's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul Mod???
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
Is it possible to make this mod work with GrayCurse's GrayCurse's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul Mod???

Hmm, I'm not sure as I'm fairly new to modding but I'll look into it and see if and how that would work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:41 AM
I poked around to check. The mods use different XML files, this one uses the object_food tunings and the graycurse's uses the recipe tunings so they should be compatible.

I believe it's also compatible with Roburky's fitness controls mod, but i wouldn't use the other two of Red Raptor's updates with Roburky's as they manage the same fitness statistics and would likley interfere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
I poked around to check. The mods use different XML files, this one uses the object_food tunings and the graycurse's uses the recipe tunings so they should be compatible.

Yes. CandyD's mod modifies the object_food files which handle the main dish, e.g. Mac and Cheese, and not the recipe or ingredients. Looking at GrayCurse's mod, only the ingredients have changed but you still cook the same dish. So both mods should be compatible and CandyD's Natural Metabolism mod series should affect weight gain/loss of the meals cooked with GrayCurse's mod.

Quote: Originally posted by flerb
I believe it's also compatible with Roburky's fitness controls mod, but i wouldn't use the other two of Red Raptor's updates with Roburky's as they manage the same fitness statistics and would likley interfere.

Yes, they're similar and tune the same files. It may conflict and agree that they shouldn't be used together.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 9:21 PM
Hi, thanks for this, its probably my favorite mod. Did you keep all the calorie values the same as before?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SydneyB
Hi, thanks for this, its probably my favorite mod. Did you keep all the calorie values the same as before?

Yes, the calorie values are the same. I haven't changed them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:08 AM
Thank you! Is there a list to view the calorie value of each food item?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheelisal
Thank you! Is there a list to view the calorie value of each food item?

CandyD hasn't included one, so I haven't added a list. But hey, it's a good idea and I'll add one later. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 7:51 PM
ty for updating this is one of my favorite realistic mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:09 AM
Awesome mod and list, but I noticed there are a few foods not on the list
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celticgamer0
Awesome mod and list, but I noticed there are a few foods not on the list

Some food items and drinks aren't added because they're only a recipe and not a food object itself. The recipes will be based of the object food item. If you're missing some items, perhaps that's why. The other reason can be, I simply overlooked them and forgot to add them. Can you point them out, so I can check whether I forgot them or if they're recipes? Thank you.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Red Raptor
Some food items and drinks aren't added because they're only a recipe and not a food object itself. The recipes will be based of the object food item. If you're missing some items, perhaps that's why. The other reason can be, I simply overlooked them and forgot to add them. Can you point them out, so I can check whether I forgot them or if they're recipes? Thank you.

I am very understanding on the idea of overlooking lol. I just went through the list of my level 10 cooking sim and I might have missed a few as well. (your list is a bit more extensive ^.^)
Breakfast Scramble
Animal Crackers
Franks & Beans
Fruit Salad
Sugar-free Carob Cake
Pastel de Palmito
Pan De Muerto
Chocolate Cake
Honey Cake
Spooky Cookies
Chips and Salsa
Fried Fish
Italian Meatballs
Zombie Cake
Strawberry Cake
Minestrone
Blue Confetti Cake
Camper’s Stew
Clam Chowder
Fruit Cobbler
Gumbo
Walleye Surprise
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 2:32 PM
I am very understanding on the idea of overlooking lol. I just went through the list of my level 10 cooking sim and I might have missed a few as well. (your list is a bit more extensive ^.^)
Breakfast Scramble
Animal Crackers
Franks & Beans
Fruit Salad
Sugar-free Carob Cake
Pastel de Palmito
Pan De Muerto
Chocolate Cake
Honey Cake
Spooky Cookies
Chips and Salsa
Fried Fish
Italian Meatballs
Zombie Cake
Strawberry Cake
Minestrone
Blue Confetti Cake
Camper’s Stew
Clam Chowder
Fruit Cobbler
Gumbo
Walleye Surprise

Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. I can safely say that I didn't overlook these items. They just weren't added with the "Get To Work" and "City Living" addons and didn't come with the base game either. Good news, I'm about done with all the expansion packs and the calorie list. They should be up for grabs here shortly. So, if you find more missing items, I'd so appreciate it if you can write them down as neatly again. I have a bunch of object food items that have names I can't associate with the dishes in the game...lol. So, there will be updates once I figured those out. xD
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Red Raptor
Hey, thanks for the detailed reply. I can safely say that I didn't overlook these items. They just weren't added with the "Get To Work" and "City Living" addons and didn't come with the base game either. Good news, I'm about done with all the expansion packs and the calorie list. They should be up for grabs here shortly. So, if you find more missing items, I'd so appreciate it if you can write them down as neatly again. I have a bunch of object food items that have names I can't associate with the dishes in the game...lol. So, there will be updates once I figured those out. xD

Awesome ^.^ Thank you so much for these mods. My sims have never been on a better track to lose and keep off their weight lol (is it odd I have them on a strict diet plan? lol) Look forward to the additions!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 5:33 PM
Awesome ^.^ Thank you so much for these mods. My sims have never been on a better track to lose and keep off their weight lol (is it odd I have them on a strict diet plan? lol) Look forward to the additions!

LoL...nothing wrong with that. And to extend your diet plan, the modules are up for grabs now. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:00 AM
excellent work, much appreciated, must've been tedious.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 3:00 PM
I'm getting a 404 error not found on all the links I click on on the download page across different browsers!
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anniewilliams
I'm getting a 404 error not found on all the links I click on on the download page across different browsers!

Me too. This mod sounds great, so I'd love to have a reupload!
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaveHedgehog
Me too. This mod sounds great, so I'd love to have a reupload!

Same for me ! I really enjoyed the old version. Let's hope for a reupload.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 6:51 AM Last edited by DarkSimister : 4th Sep 2018 at 9:07 AM.
I'm sorry for the error. I'm going to fix it here shortly and the links should work later today. I had a username change and that must've caused the error.

Thank you for reporting this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 9:07 AM
Download links are fixed and working again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 3:11 AM
I just wanted to let you know that even though all the other mods in these files worked, the base game mod did not and it wouldn't let me start my game until I removed it from my mods file and onto my desktop.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:01 PM
This mod quickly became a must have in my game! Do you know if it needs updating for the latest patch? I'm too scared to put mods in that I'm not sure works as intended

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
This mod quickly became a must have in my game! Do you know if it needs updating for the latest patch? I'm too scared to put mods in that I'm not sure works as intended

I'm out of town until Sunday and can't check the mod with the new expansion pack/patch. As soon as I'm back home and have the new EP installed I'm gonna check the mods and will update them if needed.
Page 1 of 2