Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
The absence of real family vacation is my pet peeve too. Vacation was my favourite EP for TS1 and while there were EPs for TS2 I liked more than Bon Voyage, I still liked it a lot. I got TS3 late, about a year after it's release, when Ambitions was already released and since I saw Collector's edition on sale (very big sale, obviously, Tesco already wanted to get rid of it at that time ) I used the saved money to buy Ambitions since even back then, I already had enough information about World Adventures to know it's not the kind of vacations I could enjoy. I thought back then, and still think, that if I wanted to play tomb raiding, I'd rather play Tomb Raider, I don't need that kind of things in The Sims. I eventually bought WA, because I am completionist and I still like some of it's features, but not the tomb raiding. IMO it's not something that belongs to The Sims series. I know there are people who disagree with me and that's fine, we all have different opinions, but I still feel that family vacations are more suited to The Sims then tomb raiding. And I miss that in TS3.

My biggest issue with WA was the relative lack of replayability. All three locations were quite beautiful indeed, but as far as the adventures go, it was a different coat of paint on the same idea. If it wasn't for the minor things, photography, nectar making, etc then I'm not so sure I would've traveled to those places more than once. I still appreciate the fact that they tried something new, but as I've said for me personally the overall theme just doesn't have that "Ooh, Ah" factor after the first few times.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 1:21 PM
Definitely - once you've done all the tombs and adventures, that's it.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 3:46 PM
I remember how useful the stage tool in the Sims 2 era especially when looking back at plasticbox's Backdoor Lane series. Single floor T, L and U-shaped stairs were a posibility back then with just the tool and the modular stairs. Platforms are nice but stages made more interesting layouts and builds.
#54 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Definitely - once you've done all the tombs and adventures, that's it.

I like just going to a different area once in a while.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 4:33 PM
I don't know when some claim WA is so one-dimensional. Like TS Vacations and TS2 Bon Voyage isn't. Are you going to send your Sims on vacation everyday? It's just an option that's a part of real life to do every so often. Except in real life there's much more. In other words, to make the vacation type EP's more spectacular would be to keep adding new destinations, cultures, social interactions, corresponding buy/build/CAS content, etc. Actually, if all EP's and even SP's had ongoing progress instead of this is it, it would help to dramatically improve The Sims because a lot of new features, etc could be still implemented without the constant dread of a dead line. Though something else that would be useful is the implementation of having all the EP's be able to interact and use features in an innovative way for those who own those certain EP's. That in and of itself would be a good incentive to encourage to own all the EP's as they all would connect to each other in a way that would make the game much more altogether than just a few here and there.

Additionally, DLC for DLC if done right can be very good but I won't hold my breath for that ever happening by EA. Because DLC for DLC isn't so bad when it's applied in a logical and fair sense that benefits both players and the developers to continue to work on the things they wanted to add and the things we would love added. Not to mention it would hopefully produce more quality and in-depth content.

It's a shame because The Sims franchise could have been so much more than it is. But what do they care for their own work and fans of The Sims franchise. Action speaks louder than words.
Alchemist
#56 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I don't know when some claim WA is so one-dimensional. Like TS Vacations and TS2 Bon Voyage isn't. Are you going to send your Sims on vacation everyday? It's just an option that's a part of real life to do every so often.

I agree. I've had WA since it came out and, while I've sent 2-3 sims out to be "proper" adventurers, the vast majority I've sent just for vacation purposes. I've made a few changes to the destinations to make them more interesting - changing the large palaces to Art Galleries instead of residential lots, adding a club or beach lot here and there, adding some objects to lots so sims have something to do -, but overall they offer a lot of enjoyable things to do on a vacation aside from adventuring (interacting with foreign sims, learning new skills or bettering existing ones, basking in the lovely scenery, collecting items etc.).

Aside from that, I use quite a lot of the WA objects in home neighborhoods, both on the home lot and in themed clubs.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
When a sim orders a pizza and it never arrives. Rude!

I think I know the cause of this. It seemed to me that presence of NPC Doors and/or Elevators on a residential/penthouse/apartment lot create pathway errors to the pizza delivery person. The time I've deleted the said lot on my test suburban world brought back the said service. The pathway error happened to me again while exploring vanilla Boroughsburg, which is a city world. I'm maybe wrong but I assume it had something to do with the pizza accessory conflicting with the portals since the game gives us the impression that NPCs live on the said lots, fading in and out in front of these portals.
Scholar
#58 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:49 PM
Previously I didn't really have a pet peeve about Sims 3, but now I do, thanks to watching a Sims 4 Let's Play today. And I'm afraid it's the dancing! Why couldn't Sims 3 have dancing like that? Instead we see sims busting the sort of moves usually only performed after several pints of evil strength lager, or by embarrassing uncles (and aunts) at wedding receptions. Now I feel deprived .

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#59 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 10:57 PM
I like the Late Night dancing just fine, personally. The base game dancing looks dumb though, like it does in all Sims games for some reason. I'm not sure I'd want the exaggerated club dancing from Get Together. There's also that other dance, the Smustle I think, and I have that disabled in my game because it's just a tad too goofy for me.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#60 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I don't know what causes it. I've since tried having sims order pizza again and it never showed up for the second time. For the time being, I've given up on ordering pizza. It is easier to either send my sims out for something to eat, or make something at home.

@igazor Do you have any thoughts this and how to fix it?

The pizza delivery system, like so many of the others (adoption social workers, for example) is delicate. If the delivery sim gets stuck or blocked on the way over, chances are they are not going to be pushed again to make their delivery and the mini-scenario is just over. Too bad that doesn't apply to the repo sim or some of the other less wanted but more persistent little visitors we might experience.

I've had successful pizza deliveries in highrise building units in urban worlds. But that's not to say that such wouldn't be causing the issue here or making it worse. Or at least they usually make it far as just outside the front lobby door, which to my hungry sims would be close enough if they can catch them in time.

Just about the only thing we can do is watch the Map View version of the world like a hawk with NRaas Tagger and its sim tags all switched on so we can see where the delivery sim is spawning and watch them make their way over to our sims' home. Sometimes we can then see that they are spawning in an unfortunate place (like under water, that wouldn't be good) or where they might be getting stuck.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 3:14 PM
Hangsaves. Those irritate the bejesus outta me. I figured out what was causing it in my game, though. My game HAAAAATES Nraas' story progression in any flavor, so I just play with SP off; then it was a graphics settings issue. I have a super powerful video card, (okay maybe not now, but the nVidia 1060 gti 3 gig is pretty big for me, anyway) so I thought - super card, super settings. NOPE. Turned the graphics down a bit, and only once in a great while, on huge, complex lots (50x50 and up) will I get an occasional hangsave (I use Nraas' saver, so..). I can deal with that.
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:37 PM Last edited by paul_dion011089 : 4th Oct 2018 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Added another pet peeves.
@igazor @Gargoyle Cat

That was helpful and nice to know. I'll be using the method for my Schrödinger's NPCs. It's a bummer EA didn't made an official fix.

Since, I'm here again I would like to add other visual pet peeves:
Artificial lights not illuminating outdoor fences and stairs. - Sims 2 and 4 got these right.
Objects especially decorative plants casting the whole blocky shadow of the 3D plane instead of omitting the transparent part of the alpha textures. - This happens outdoors cast by the sun/moon light.
Multistory wall illumination from lamp posts. - Clearly this was available in earlier game version back in 2009 especially when using the Seramorson streetlamp in a lot.

Anyway, there are a lot more critical game-breaking and fun-ruining pet peeves that needs fixing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#63 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paul_dion011089
Multistory wall illumination from lamp posts. - Clearly this was available in earlier game version back in 2009 especially when using the Seramorson streetlamp in a lot.

Argh, was so annoyed when they broke that.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Fidgety / distracted sims.

Tell sim to to sit, sim sits.
Tell second sim to sit, sim sits.
First sim gets up, make sim sit again.
Make threats to shut free will off because somehow that helps.
Second sim gets up... UGH!

After 5 minutes of barking orders of "Sit!" and "No! YOU... SIT!" at the monitor, both sims decide to cooperate only to have to send them to bed because both of them have to be up early.

Save game and quit, then put thyself to bed only to repeat said scenario on a different level because the dog decides that it is time to either sit on you or that you are a human Kleenex. Things finally get quiet after 11 PM and you lay in bed, staring at the ceiling with a look on your face.

Preach it! Even with free will off, there are times I shout 'Don't make me nuke you from space! SIT, ON, THAT, HORSE, YOU, PIXELLATED, NINNY!!!!!"

yep. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm insane.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Scholar
#65 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:26 PM
I got a group of 3 best friends who are teenagers. 2 male and 1 female. Anyways I got a sim who autonomously keeps on giving my sims a lunatic embrace and a slap even though they all happen to be best friends. He would give one of my friends a lunatic embrace even though that sim is a male and slap him even though none of them are romantically involved with the female sim in any way. They're just supposed to be 3 besties hanging out and doing whatever teenagers do best. I wound up removing the insane trait from him and cheated their friendship bar back up. All is well and they're back to being 3 best friends until I had gotten bored and made them snap their own necks before moving on to a different set of sims. I might just snap their necks as well too because they kept on changing outfits and hair and driving to the festival working as food merchants. I wound up building a wall around the park but the game froze after that.
Site Helper
#66 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:27 PM
My solution to the sims who wander off involves pose packs...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#67 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
My solution to the sims who wander off involves pose packs...

Was that directed toward me?
Site Helper
#68 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:36 PM
No, I was still waiting for my connection when your post went up. That was more toward Oesau 13 and Gargoyle Cat. When I started typing my post I was the only one viewing the thread.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
No, I was still waiting for my connection when your post went up. That was more toward Oesau 13 and Gargoyle Cat. When I started typing my post I was the only one viewing the thread.

Yep. "Oh, you won't stop moving? Here's a pose for ya then."

There's a ton of them, but sometimes, there's not the ones I need/am looking for/you make them Look At/Change Facial Expression and they snap outta the damn pose!

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Site Helper
#70 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:19 PM
Actually, poses are also good for freezing sims in one spot while you get everybody else to wander over. Then you pause the game, unfreeze the frozen sims, and give them the command to all sit down at the dinner table at the same time and have dinner together. (Or whatever else they were not cooperating with.) In this case, the pose pack is sort of a targeted pause button.

Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:23 PM
People burying rabbit holes in basements. Yes, I know some rabbit holes aren't that sightly, but I really don't like the idea of hiding them in a basement. Ugh

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 10:35 PM
The day passes so quick you cannot have the time to do what you want .
And the stupid amount of time before a sim does something in full free will
and the lack of interactions really.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
People burying rabbit holes in basements. Yes, I know some rabbit holes aren't that sightly, but I really don't like the idea of hiding them in a basement. Ugh

What I do is remove the basement, download some rabbithole rugs, and use those instead. Because honestly, when you have like your city center in a basement which is reached by slow ass ELEVATORS, it takes forever to do anything. I love custom worlds (I rarely play EA anymore) but this pet peeve triggers way too often.
Scholar
#74 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
What I do is remove the basement, download some rabbithole rugs, and use those instead. Because honestly, when you have like your city center in a basement which is reached by slow ass ELEVATORS, it takes forever to do anything. I love custom worlds (I rarely play EA anymore) but this pet peeve triggers way too often.

Yes, rabbithole rugs are a must in some cases.

In one custom world I play (Avalon) which is supposed to be a fantasy fairy kingdom, I found that most of the rabbithole buildings spoiled the whole atmosphere of the place, so I have abandoned nearly all of them. My city hall is now located under a park: it's basically just a big decorated hall with the Police Station, City Hall and Military Base rugs in the corners. Same goes for the shopping precinct, which has a quaint little 'medieval' village on top with stairs leading down to where the Book Shop and Grocery Store rugs are.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Site Helper
#75 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
The day passes so quick you cannot have the time to do what you want .
And the stupid amount of time before a sim does something in full free will
and the lack of interactions really.

Try Relativity from NRAAS. It won't help with interactions, but the time factors become much better.

Page 3 of 4