Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Package Searcher (Windows Only)

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2019 at 7:27 AM by scumbumbo : Version 1.1 -- Bugfixes

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Deceased
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 9:33 PM Last edited by scumbumbo : 15th Sep 2018 at 10:21 PM.
There's no installer yet, working on that now should be available very soon.
The source code will also be made available for download.

Installer and Source Code downloads are now available.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 11:19 PM
I could have used this earlier today LOL! Awesome tool
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:06 AM
omg thank u
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:30 AM
I'm confused on how to download and use this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 12:57 AM
How does this work?? There are no 0x.... IDs shown in my LEs ! Only sessionid>df36d27864fb66b85b900f77< or categoryid><desyncid>df36d27864fb66b85b900f77
So what must I type in that the search button is avaiable??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 1:16 AM
Thank you so much this is needed very much!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 1:43 AM
Boooo!

jk

But, seriously...any hope of one for Mac?
Deceased
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by torsten74
How does this work?? There are no 0x.... IDs shown in my LEs ! Only sessionid>df36d27864fb66b85b900f77< or categoryid><desyncid>df36d27864fb66b85b900f77
So what must I type in that the search button is avaiable??

Searching for those two IDs won't result in anything, the type of last exception which shows an instance ID should be fairly recognizeable, but not all exceptions have any information about what instance ID to search for. Turbodriver plans to enhance the lastException Assistant website to include an instance ID (and a link to this program) when one is available. A link to that website should be included into your start menu if you used the installer, or you can try it out at lastException.com. It can provide very useful assistance for known types of exceptions.
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackPiano
seriously...any hope of one for Mac?

Well, the source code is available so someone with a Mac could write it? Sorry, my bank account doesn't currently allow me the luxury of a Mac.
Deceased
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celoptra
I'm confused on how to download and use this

I've added an Installation section to the download description page, click the Back to Download View button above to return to that page.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 2:26 AM
This is incredible. I've acutally been trying to find a door giving me LE's. This should make it easier.

btw, my LE was 'Unable to find joint b__subroot__0 on object_door:0x0aac0819bbda1fa0[0]'

I should look for '0x0aac0819bbda1fa0' no?
Deceased
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
This is incredible. I've acutally been trying to find a door giving me LE's. This should make it easier.

btw, my LE was 'Unable to find joint b__subroot__0 on object_door:0x0aac0819bbda1fa0[0]'

I should look for '0x0aac0819bbda1fa0' no?

Not sure, possibly though. It seems more likely the game is reporting the object ID number (internal unique number of objects on a lot) due to the fact it doesn't start with a high-bit set 64-bit number (first digit of the hex would be between 8-F and not 0). Most modded objects will start with that high-bit set for their IDs.

Basically internally there are three IDs for any door on a lot, the definition which corresponds to the instance ID of the OBJD from a package, the guid64 which corresponds to the instance ID of the XML tuning for that door, and the object ID which is the internal identifier for that particular copy of that particular door on that particular lot. That last value, which I suspect is what the LE is spitting out, is not found in any package it's in the save game.

There is one way to get that definition ID though, but it's pretty advanced. You would need Weerbesu's rewrite of Clown's Debug Enable mod as well as my D3OI utility mod. With those two installed you could then shift-click on any door and choose Object Info (Debug)... and then Display. The game will then pop up a notification with all of those values (see screenshot for an example). If your game is paused you may need to unpause it for a few seconds for that notification to appear or possibly cancel whatever else your Sim may be doing. The objd number (last one) on that notification is what you want to search for then!
Screenshots
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 4:14 AM
Whether I am able to use this tool or not, thank you very very much for creating it and making it available for the community!!! Great work!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:56 AM
Thanks!

Proud to OUR CAPTAIN, JORDAN HENDERSON!
YNWA
We're Liverpool And This Means More
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 8:14 AM
Thank you scumbumbo for all of your help and creations that you have made for the sims community. Your works are amazing as ever!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 9:31 AM
Wonderful! Maybe it's because of the early morning, but I feel excited to see people use it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 11:40 AM
Excellent! I have usually made a dummy package with the appropriate resource ids and then used your conflict detector but this will be much easier!
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 3:31 PM
LE: <?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3ef7fd5f6325f9845b9e53ad</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-09-16 15:01:16</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.46.18.1020-1.200.000.364.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>utils.py:116</categoryid><desyncid>3ef7fd5f6325f9845b9e53ad</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail.cpython-33' (Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail.cpython-33) (ImportError: No module named 'Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail.cpython-33'; Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail is not a package) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 119, in import_modules_by_path File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__' During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 116, in import_modules_by_path ImportError: No module named 'Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail.cpython-33'; Charmingbirch_Careers_Retail is not a package </desyncdata></report>
</root>

How must I use your program on this LE ??
Deceased
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:45 PM
Please note that this forum is for discussion of this particular program and not how to fix particular LEs, if you have an LE and need assistance with it, ask on the Sims Help or try Turbodriver's lastException Assistant site or there are typically volunteers who can help you on Deaderpool's Discord server.
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simim
Excellent! I have usually made a dummy package with the appropriate resource ids and then used your conflict detector but this will be much easier!

Hehe, sorry to hear I'm not the only one who has had to resort to that in the past!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 10:07 PM
I feel like if someone is smart enough to use this mod, they're smart enough to figure out the LE thing without this mod. :s
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 11:50 PM
Is it possible to make the similar TS3 mod?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Not sure, possibly though. It seems more likely the game is reporting the object ID number (internal unique number of objects on a lot) due to the fact it doesn't start with a high-bit set 64-bit number (first digit of the hex would be between 8-F and not 0). Most modded objects will start with that high-bit set for their IDs.

Basically internally there are three IDs for any door on a lot, the definition which corresponds to the instance ID of the OBJD from a package, the guid64 which corresponds to the instance ID of the XML tuning for that door, and the object ID which is the internal identifier for that particular copy of that particular door on that particular lot. That last value, which I suspect is what the LE is spitting out, is not found in any package it's in the save game.

There is one way to get that definition ID though, but it's pretty advanced. You would need Weerbesu's rewrite of Clown's Debug Enable mod as well as my D3OI utility mod. With those two installed you could then shift-click on any door and choose Object Info (Debug)... and then Display. The game will then pop up a notification with all of those values (see screenshot for an example). If your game is paused you may need to unpause it for a few seconds for that notification to appear or possibly cancel whatever else your Sim may be doing. The objd number (last one) on that notification is what you want to search for then!

Oh, okay, I'll try that out! thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Please note that this forum is for discussion of this particular program and not how to fix particular LEs, if you have an LE and need assistance with it, ask on the Sims Help or try Turbodriver's lastException Assistant site or there are typically volunteers who can help you on Deaderpool's Discord server.

But my Question was particular about this program !! In the description is written that this program is to find the package files which causes the LE errors. So how could I use your program on my LE´s???
Page 1 of 3