Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 2:41 PM
Default WCIF Bread?
So, as the title suggests I am looking for bread! :-) I am on the lookout for edible loaves of bread or bread rolls, especially "rustic"-looking bread. So far I have found two bakeable loaves of bread, a plain loaf of bread by Crocobaura and a loaf of cornbread by TheNinthWave (TSR link!), as well as a bakeable bread roll by TheNinthWave. I've also found various flavoured loaves by AriesFlare and InLoveWithRed, and garlic and French bread by TheNinthWave on TSR, but they're not really what I'm looking for at the moment. If anyone knows of any other bakeable, plain loaves of bread or bread rolls I would really appreciate links! :-)

I am also looking for a fairly specific type of decorative bread - I am after the kind of bread which you find in supermarkets, the kind which comes in plastic packaging. I know of Zelia Theb's functional bread displays, but I am after individual wrapped loaves, which can be set for sale individually. The below picture shows a RL example - I'm sure I saw something for TS2 in a Tumblr post (of a beautifully decorated grocery store with a really well done window display) but I can't find it again! :-( If anyone knows of anything suitable I would really appreciate a link! :-) (And I would love to find the Tumblr post again as well, it was a lovely lot to use for inspiration!).

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:11 PM
No packaged and sliced here, but it's a nice collection of various deco breads. http://digitalperversion.net/garden...20919#msg620919

Exnem has a bread basket.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No packaged and sliced here, but it's a nice collection of various deco breads. http://digitalperversion.net/garden...20919#msg620919

Exnem has a bread basket.

Thank you for the links :-) I really want something that could be sold in a rural supermarket, so I am definitely looking for something packaged. There are some lovely decorative breads loose or in baskets - perhaps I will find a use for them in a different 'hood :-)

Is the bread basket bakeable or just edible? As I recall a lot of Exnem's stuff is purchased from Buy Mode?

**ETA** Yaresims, over on Tumblr, made some packaged bread for TS4. This is what I'm looking for, basically, only for TS2!

Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 3:45 PM
Exnem's Bread Basket is from buy mode.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 11:14 PM
I can't find any packaged bread. I wouldn't mind some myself.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 11:04 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 22nd Sep 2018 at 3:28 PM.
Not edible bread, but they are the deco packaged loaves (in Simlish) that you can find at a local grocery store http://pixelry.tumblr.com/post/1743...of-me-trying-to. There are other grocery items as well.

Edit: In case someone decides to use the shelves, there was an edit done by Nekosayuri for those grocery shelves to address the issue of them not having slots, you can find the info and download link at http://nekosayuri.tumblr.com/post/1...ons-to-pixelrys.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 11:38 AM
Great find PenelopeT, my Google-foo totally failed me on this one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 1:27 PM
Thank you PenelopeT! I knew I'd seen them somewhere! :-D I love them, they will be very useful :-)
Theorist
#9 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 5:00 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 21st Sep 2018 at 7:07 PM.
You're welcome guys, the posting for the grocery goods had come across my Tumblr feed when Pixelry first posted them, so it was easy to remember where I'd seen them. And please feel free to call me Pen...it's much easier.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 9:36 PM
They're conversions of the bread I'd found for TS4, I only just noticed! :-D I'm so happy you remembered where you'd seen them, Pen - thank you again! :-)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Simonut : 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:36 AM.
@PenelopeT Thank so much for the link you share, I have a grocery store in my custom neighborhood for my Sims I am happy with it but yes I needed to add packages of bread.
@lauratje86 Thanks to you for bringing this to my attention I also needed bread.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 6:32 AM Last edited by leefish : 10th Nov 2018 at 6:54 AM.
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I had a go at making this packaged bread "edible" - I have a test object here

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:08 AM
Oh I'll test!

@lauratje86 I partly built my recent Supermarket after getting the bread from this thread. http://modthesims.info/d/619543/lla...ds-supermarket/

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 1:29 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 11th Nov 2018 at 2:00 AM.
@leefish I have no options on the bread at all. I will remove everything since it's a test folder and I might have the original bread in there since I did build my recent supermarket in that folder. Would that stop it working? I can't place it on a table or counter, can't click on it, stock the fridge, nothing that I can see. I can only place it on the floor.

I tried a shop and while sims bought it they could still do nothing with it and the owner and his wife could not restock it and yes I added bread to both of their inventories.

~Call me Jo~
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 9:50 AM
All fixed, new file uploaded Please confirm workiness (game set up is NL, OFB and Seasons as a minimum).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 10:55 AM
My game set up is everything. Thanks, I grabbed the new file.

~Call me Jo~
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM
Fully tested and available for download at leefish - http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8679

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:34 AM
Pixelry's Simblr sadly no longer exists, but the bread can still be found here.