Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:31 AM
Default Sims 3 - Copy Everyday Outfit to Outerwear section
How can I copy/transfer an item of clothing from everyday to the outerwear section? I want her to wear the same clothes everyday, indoors & out, it being the apocalypse & all.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:56 AM
Download and install NRaas Master Controller https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController,click on your sim,then click on NRaas and then Master Controller. Go to Intermediate. There should be a copy clothing to other categories option. I forgot the exact name if the laptop that i'm right now isn't so garbage that it overheats and shuts off on me while I play unless I switch it to power saver I would be able to explain this more accurately. Anyways a menu should pop up with all the clothing categories,click on everyday and then another menu should pop up with the clothing categories. Click on everyday again and it should copy the clothing over to the everyday category. You could go to the basic and remove the unwanted outfit from the outfit selection menu if you wish to get rid of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Download and install NRaas Master Controller https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController,click on your sim,then click on NRaas and then Master Controller. Go to Intermediate. There should be a copy clothing to other categories option. I forgot the exact name if the laptop that i'm right now isn't so garbage that it overheats and shuts off on me while I play unless I switch it to power saver I would be able to explain this more accurately. Anyways a menu should pop up with all the clothing categories,click on everyday and then another menu should pop up with the clothing categories. Click on everyday again and it should copy the clothing over to the everyday category. You could go to the basic and remove the unwanted outfit from the outfit selection menu if you wish to get rid of it.

I really appreciate this thank you so much. I have installed it & can transfer from everyday to outerwear. But all it does is create an extra outerwear slot (it now has made five) with the garment I transferred to it. The original slot stays with the original outerwear choice from CAS I can't delete them & I just want to change the original outerwear choice (it has labelled this outerwear 1) but it does not allow me to do that. So I'm stuck in the same position I was before
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:52 PM
Which is why I had mentioned that you could click on the basic option,go to remove outfit and remove the Outerwear and or outfits from other categories that you no longer want or like.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 1:33 PM
Which is why I had mentioned that you could click on the basic option,go to remove outfit and remove the Outerwear and or outfits from other categories that you no longer want or like.

I already tried that before I posted but clicking on basic & then clicking on the outfit just puts the item on the the sim in question, Sorry I'm not sure how I'm doing this wrong but clearly I am
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:02 PM
Could you tell me what you had done step by step?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jampenguin
I already tried that before I posted but clicking on basic & then clicking on the outfit just puts the item on the the sim in question, Sorry I'm not sure how I'm doing this wrong but clearly I am

There's one option called Outfit, which seems to be what you're selecting, and further down one more called Remove Outfit. That's the one you want to go for

omnis mundi creatura
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:19 PM
Could you tell me what you had done step by step?

Left Click on Sim
Left Click on NRAAS
Left Click on Master Controller
Left Click on Intermediate
Left Click on Copy Clothing Between Categories
Left Click on Everyday 1
Left Click on "tick"
Left Click on Outerwear
This just creates extra slots for outerwear

To try to remove the unwanted old outfit
Left Click on Sim
Left Click on NRAAS
Left Click on Master Controller
Left Click on Basic
Left Click on Outfit
Left Click on [outfit I want to remove]
This just changes the Sim into the clothes I wanted to delete
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:25 PM Last edited by jampenguin : 8th Oct 2018 at 2:25 PM. Reason: added comma
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
There's one option called Outfit, which seems to be what you're selecting, and further down one more called Remove Outfit. That's the one you want to go for

I don't have that option, screengrab attached.

Scholar
#10 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 2:54 PM
I had taken a look at the Master Controller documentation via the Wayback Machine because the new NRaas site hadn't restored the documentations yet. https://web.archive.org/web/2018032...oller-Sim-Basic
By taking a look in the Remove Outfit section below Basic I think that it requires downloading and installing the NRaas Master Controller Cheats module to make the option show up. I'm sorry I should had done my research before answering you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:02 PM
I had taken a look at the Master Controller documentation via the Wayback Machine because the new NRaas site hadn't restored the documentations yet. https://web.archive.org/web/2018032...oller-Sim-Basic
By taking a look in the Remove Outfit section below Basic I think that it requires downloading and installing the NRaas Master Controller Cheats module to make the option show up. I'm sorry I should had done my research before answering you.

No you have helped. I was trying to look at the documentation myself but even in a search engine it would always take me to their front page. In the end I used google & its cache feature. I'll try installing that extra bit & see what happens

EDIT that didn't help
I may have to reinstall Sims 3 to get rid of all this
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:18 PM
No you have helped. I was trying to look at the documentation myself but even in a search engine it would always take me to their front page. In the end I used google & its cache feature. I'll try installing that extra bit & see what happens

EDIT that didn't help

I'm not sure why it's doing that to you. Did you extract the file the right way and are you sure that you have the latest patch for Sims 3. If you own the dvd versions and you're already on 1.67 then I warn and advise you to stay away from patch 1.69 if you can. Installing it would require the game to be ran on Origin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:22 PM
I'm not sure why it's doing that to you. Did you extract the file the right way and are you sure that you have the latest patch for Sims 3. If you own the dvd versions and you're already on 1.67 then I warn and advise you to stay away from patch 1.69 if you can. Installing it would require the game to be ran on Origin.

I'm on 1.67
Scholar
#14 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:40 PM
I'm on 1.67

Have you restarted the game already with the mods installed inside of the packages folder in the mods folder and cleared all the caches?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 3:52 PM

EDIT that didn't help

Hi there. You can uninstall and reinstall the game as many times as you like, but that won't change the TS3 user game folder in Documents. That is where your content, mods, mod settings (embedded in your saved games) are and in fact reinstalling without removing the user game folder first for safekeeping can damage it. If anything, you would want to pull your user game folder out of Documents so the game can spawn a fresh no-content one on its next launch, but honestly I would suggest not over-reacting just yet. The mods affect the user game folder and its content handling only, not the program install.

The MC Cheats module, if it's loading correctly, should add the Remove Outfit command to Sim > Basic provided the sim in question has any outfits that can be removed, plus it will add the other commands that are MC Cheats specific but not showing up in your screenshot. But the other way is to bring the sim into the MC version of CAS (Advanced > Edit in CAS or use MC's Stylist command) and remove the unwanted outfits from there. There is also an option under MC > Settings > CAS called Disable Clothing Filter that I believe may have been what you really wanted to begin with. Note that these MC CAS settings only work in MC versions of CAS (and Stylist, its subset) unless you have the MC Integration add-on module.

You also have the option of coming to us at NRaas for further assistance. Not all of the site's features are totally operational yet, but the message boards are and we humans there are still more or less functional.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:03 PM
Have you restarted the game already with the mods installed inside of the packages folder in the mods folder and cleared all the caches?

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Hi there. You can uninstall and reinstall the game as many times as you like, but that won't change the TS3 user game folder in Documents. That is where your content, mods, mod settings (embedded in your saved games) are and in fact reinstalling without removing the user game folder first for safekeeping can damage it. If anything, you would want to pull your user game folder out of Documents so the game can spawn a fresh no-content one on its next launch, but honestly I would suggest not over-reacting just yet.

The MC Cheats module, if it's loading correctly, should add the Remove Outfit command to Sim > Basic provided the sim in question has any outfits that can be removed, plus it will add the other commands that are MC Cheats specific but not showing up in your screenshot. But the other way is to bring the sim into the MC version of CAS (Advanced > Edit in CAS or use MC's Stylist command) and remove the unwanted outfits from there. There is also an option under MC > Settings > CAS called Disable Clothing Filter that I believe may have been what you really wanted to begin with. Note that these MC CAS settings only work in MC versions of CAS (and Stylist, its subset) unless you have the MC Integration add-on module.

You also have the option of coming to us at NRaas for further assistance. The site is not totally operational yet, but the message boards are and we humans there are still more or less functional.

I don't understand the why but after repeatedly shuttiung the game down & starting it again I finally started running the game as administrator & that seemed to fix it. I'm getting the correct menus now.
I then shut the game down again & went back in normally & the menu is still there.

Thank you everyone, this outerwear thing made me really OCD. I'm so happy & this MasterController looks to be really useful for other stuff too. My post apocalypse sims in their underground bunker thank you.

Scholar
#17 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:11 PM
I don't understand the why but after repeatedly shuttiung the game down & starting it again I finally started running the game as administrator & that seemed to fix it. I'm getting the correct menus now.
I then shut the game down again & went back in normally & the menu is still there.

Thank you everyone, this outerwear thing made me really OCD. I'm so happy & this MasterController looks to be really useful for other stuff too. My post apocalypse sims in their underground bunker thank you.

That looks like a cool lot to play in. Any plans on uploading it? I'm glad you had found a way to fix that annoying problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:20 PM
That looks like a cool lot to play in. Any plans on uploading it? I'm glad you had found a way to fix that annoying problem.

Hey you're the one who put me onto it. I'm so OCD about their clothes, this master controller fix is causing me a ridiculous amount of happiness.
I was thinking about uploading the lot here, but there are all these rules regarding custom content. I have so much CC it isn't funny (mostly cyclonesue's stuff - that woman is brilliant). I don't think I'd pass their requirements. And her stuff is hosted elsewhere.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:25 PM
(mouth drops open) And I thought my sims had a difficult enough time getting a pizza delivered in Bridgeport...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
(mouth drops open) And I thought my sims had a difficult enough time getting a pizza delivered in Bridgeport...

There are no pizza deliveries after the apocalypse :D
Scholar
#21 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:05 PM
Hey you're the one who put me onto it. I'm so OCD about their clothes, this master controller fix is causing me a ridiculous amount of happiness.
I was thinking about uploading the lot here, but there are all these rules regarding custom content. I have so much CC it isn't funny (mostly cyclonesue's stuff - that woman is brilliant). I don't think I'd pass their requirements. And her stuff is hosted elsewhere.

Where could I find her website and her cc? She sounds like an amazing person with the way you had described her.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:23 PM
Where could I find her website and her cc? She sounds like an amazing person with the way you had described her.

Am I allowed to post a link to a similar website to this one?
If I can do that without breaking forum rules I'll post it. It is great for post apocalyptic stuff, prison stuff, & proper Norman English castle stuff (as opposed to Disney style nonsense).
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:28 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 8th Oct 2018 at 5:42 PM.
Am I allowed to post a link to a similar website to this one?
If I can do that without breaking forum rules I'll post it. It is great for post apocalyptic stuff, prison stuff, & proper Norman English castle stuff (as opposed to Disney style nonsense).

I'm quite sure that you are. People on here do it all the time, even the moderators themselves, as long as you're not trying to link to a website that downloads and installs viruses onto your computer or to an adult website and content and stuff like that it should be within the site's rules.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:40 PM
I'm quite that you are. People on here do it all the time, even the moderators themselves, as long as you're not trying to link to a website that downloads and installs viruses onto your computer or to an adult website and stuff like that it should be within the site's rules.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Cyclonesue Enjoy!
Scholar
#25 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:52 PM
Thank you. Shame that you were able to unable to upload the lot though. It looks like a really chill place for my sims and the children to hang out and play in.
Page 1 of 2