Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:31 PM
Default Rabbit hole doors: Impossible, impractical, or kinda neat?
Long story short: Is it possible to make a door into a rabbit hole? Specifically, if a door could become a police station.

Short story long: This came to mind when playing as a private investigator. I'd go to the station to do police work, but I go home or to the nearest bench to crank open my laptop and file a report. It feels kinda lame to not be able to file reports in the police station itself, or for my regular cops to not have an in-station gym to do their training.

I can make a building with all the things they could want, but it won't be a police station unless I can get the rabbit hole on there. I figure, if I can make the rabbit hole into a door, then it could go inside the building. Then my boys in blue can show up, work their shift, grab a coffee, and hit the gym before going home. I can have those dedicated detectives pull all-nighters and sleep on couches in their office.

Not just cops, obviously, other rabbit holes, too. The cops were just the example that made me think about it.

Please don't get the wrong idea, this isn't an aimless request. I'll take it up myself, I just want to know if it's a bad idea before I sink too much time into it, haha
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 2:33 AM
It was done:http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=435107

Those doors might not be up to date though.

But rabbit hole rugs have been more popular.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 6:45 AM
I agree with MeowMixPls post above.
Just wanted to add that Arsil door's that she/he linked are up to date.. ^^
They way door's function though is different that the rabbithole rugs since sims can enter the room, but if lets say the room you placed these doors was decorated sims cannot use the objects in that room. T_T
So i dont know whether you can say there are 100% practical.It really dependents on what you are going for.
There is also this option instead of door or rugs : http://modthesims.info/d/517911/ult...ersion-4-3.html
Have a nice day ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 5:53 PM
Great, thanks guys!