Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 7th May 2019 at 5:46 PM
I've only heard of it being in TS4.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#53 Old 8th May 2019 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Speaking of cleaning CC, does anyone know why the game doesn't let me delete CC while in CAS? The delete button is greyed out.

Delete? You can't delete anything in CAS. Do you mean remove from the sim? That's the same as any other item. Or did you mean filter it out?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#54 Old 11th May 2019 at 1:34 AM
Any updates on the topic of this thread?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#55 Old 11th May 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What is only being in TS4? 1st person mod?

I believe they're talking about removing CC straight from CAS.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th May 2019 at 6:53 PM
Hey everyone! Work on my custom tools took quite longer than expected.

Although the loading times aren't as fast as I had hoped, the gameplay and lot loading is much smoother.
I'm running this with the five EP's I own, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, University Life, and Into the Future. (+1 Stuff Pack, but who thought a stuff pack would lag the game?)
TS3 Llama SuperSpeed (Speed Up Project)

AGuyCalledPi, enough proof for you yet? :P
Mad Poster
#57 Old 17th May 2019 at 6:56 PM
Fuck me that's smooth as well. This'll help me a lot. Simmy you wouldn't happen to have a testing version of this ready? I'm just about to record another large bout of gameplay footage for my episode, to finally finish the damn thing off, and something like this would really help a lot going forward. I once had the brilliant idea of recording most of my episodes in a dedicated building world to save on performance, but I've been a little too eager and the sheer amount of crap in said world has slowed it to a crawl.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th May 2019 at 7:05 PM Last edited by simmythesim : 17th May 2019 at 7:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Fuck me that's smooth as well. This'll help me a lot. Simmy you wouldn't happen to have a testing version of this ready? I'm just about to record another large bout of gameplay footage for my episode, to finally finish the damn thing off, and something like this would really help a lot going forward. I once had the brilliant idea of recording most of my episodes in a dedicated building world to save on performance, but I've been a little too eager and the sheer amount of crap in said world has slowed it to a crawl.

The tool I use (and intend to release) to convert the files is way too unoptimized right now. It took 30 minutes of CPU-crushing work just to do the five eps plus base game. I seriously need to do some optimizations. Just wait a little more.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 17th May 2019 at 7:37 PM
With the prep work I need to do for next episode, maybe it'll line up. Would be nice considering it's going to be one that's heavily reliant on large groups of Sims.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#60 Old 17th May 2019 at 8:08 PM
Wait, did you say it took half an hour? That's pretty quick actually, I've had to give up my PC for entire afternoons to render video.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 17th May 2019 at 8:49 PM
Wow! That's amazing! I've just seen your second video. Have you ever played The Sims Mobile? (I did this just out of curiosity.) If you did, then you porbably know 4 things:

1. It's pure trash in most PC simmers' opinion, including me.
2. Every interactions in TSMb takes less than 5 seconds, making the game's pace be super fast.
3. It runs incredibly smoothly.
4. It has less than 8% of TS3's features and items.

What you actually did was to accomplish #2 and #3 without accomplishing #1 and most importantly #4, which in my opinion is pure genius!!!

My only possible concern in this case is stability. Please make sure that your tool is at least 98% safe before the release. Personally speaking, I could even wait a few more years for it, just to make sure it's error free and it won't break my game.

Other than that, I really must congratulate you for your huge accomplishment! I also want to congratulate you for everything you've done so far, including your tool's speed. For me, the game usually LOADS in half an hour. Also, all my EPs and the BG had 20+ mins install times on my machine, so 30 minutes for BG and 5 EPs is not that much in my opinion, no matter how much or less your tool works there. But whatever; some people might prefer it to be faster, so if you consider that further optimizations in terms of speed might be needed, just go for it. CPU usage might be a serious problem though. After all, not everyone has a high end computer.

I am curious though, what CPU, GPU and RAM have you been running your tool and game on?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th May 2019 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheThirdWizard
What you actually did was to accomplish #2 and #3 without accomplishing #1 and most importantly #4, which in my opinion is pure genius!!!

My only possible concern in this case is stability. Please make sure that your tool is at least 98% safe before the release. Personally speaking, I could even wait a few more years for it, just to make sure it's error free and it won't break my game.

I am curious though, what CPU, GPU and RAM have you been running your tool and game on?

Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding your concerns, the tool has quite a ways to go. It's perfectly fine and workable for those who know Python and running things in the command line. But if you don't know that, or don't have a beefy computer, the tool needs a lot more optimizations and UI for that. Oh, and those 30 minutes of converting the files? They gobble up all 12 gigs of my ram.

About stability.... let's say it's as stable as a typical game of TS3 is. It's not a script or core mod or anything.

Anyway, my specs are an i5-4460, a GTX 1050 TI, and again, 12 gigs of ram. It's a pretty old CPU and a weak GPU, however, the most important spec needed for this mod to work is an SSD. I personally have a Samsung 860 Evo myself.
If you have an HDD, it might still speed up, or it might just actually slow the game down. Like I said, an SSD is key!

This tool/mod also works with The Sims 4, if you're curious. Here's a link to the TS4 version, if you wanted to watch. TS4 Llama SuperSpeed
Mad Poster
#63 Old 18th May 2019 at 1:18 AM
I'm still curious about your process. I'm kind of assuming the tool runs through the FullBuilds and reconfigures its assets but what does it do, specifically? I'm not particularly familiar with the file structure of the sum of TS3's data but I assume there's a lot of redundancy and inefficient scripting that can easily be amended.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 18th May 2019 at 1:58 AM
That's a secret for now, unfortunately. Don't want anybody stealing all the hard work I spent on the tool.
I'll reveal it after it's released, however.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 18th May 2019 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
If you have an HDD, it might still speed up, or it might just actually slow the game down. Like I said, an SSD is key!

Now you made me curios about the actual process too, since I need to decide whether to risk using it on my HDD or not. But I still respect your decision of not revealing it until the release.

The fact that you did it for TS4 too is amazing for TS4's player base. In my occasional TS4 testing (to see if newer packs are worth buying and make the game any good), the game lagged constantly for me, worse than when TS3 runs smoothly for 20 seconds before a terrible 10 seconds lag session (worse than TS4 lag) happens. And considering the complexity of TS3, I really can't understand how TS4 can lag worse sometimes.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Hey everyone! Work on my custom tools took quite longer than expected.

Although the loading times aren't as fast as I had hoped, the gameplay and lot loading is much smoother.
I'm running this with the five EP's I own, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, University Life, and Into the Future. (+1 Stuff Pack, but who thought a stuff pack would lag the game?)
TS3 Llama SuperSpeed (Speed Up Project)

AGuyCalledPi, enough proof for you yet? :P

Hoooooly shit! Please PM me when/if this is ready for the general public. You will be a hero lol

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Hoooooly shit! Please PM me when/if this is ready for the general public. You will be a hero lol

Or at least post a comment for everyone in this thread please. Until then, we are patiently waiting.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:10 AM
How the fuck do you do magical shit with the sims games, @simmythesim ?!?! First the TS4 multiplayer mod, and now this?!?! Wow!!!
Theorist
#69 Old 20th May 2019 at 7:24 PM
This is exciting stuff. I love things like this. 10 years after release, improvements to the game keep on coming.
Also, your youtube video, was that CC free? Can you say how much performance you'd expect to gain, like in %?
Cheers!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
This is exciting stuff. I love things like this. 10 years after release, improvements to the game keep on coming.
Also, your youtube video, was that CC free? Can you say how much performance you'd expect to gain, like in %?
Cheers!

That video was really just a "vanilla" game like no CC at all other than NRAAS mods.
I'd expect the game to benefit more from CC-heavy installations. My tool doesn't just work on EA files, you know! It also converts custom content and stuff like that. :D
Mad Poster
#71 Old 20th May 2019 at 9:11 PM
Side-tracking, sorry.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I really wish MTS would already post up a guide on keeping the game clean. This topic is yet another "talked to death" topic that we keep finding ourselves repeating.

What we could do is start a thread with a decent eye-catching accurate name ("Making TS3 playable / Improving game performance and reducing lag") for instance and give the initiative for readers to share their own ideas / experience/ insight,. I really bet they will be willing to do and thus manage to keep the thread at the very top (If admin aren't planning of stick it down, which I'd say would be a waste of not to). So how about that?

Mad Poster
#73 Old 21st May 2019 at 8:40 AM
Yeah. Technical performance and minimal requirements are too often asked here.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 21st May 2019 at 1:26 PM
It'd be fun if we could stop talking about that stuff for a change, enjoy the game for what it is instead of what it isn't....

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#75 Old 21st May 2019 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
It'd be fun if we could stop talking about that stuff for a change, enjoy the game for what it is instead of what it isn't....

You mean how to improve own's game performance? This threads are intented to give useful advice, not for deliberately critizing EA's sloppy work (although it's not always case; games can become laggy from a players certain input and interaction). Digressing, but really only one is really needed, which is why it would be a good idea to pin it down so people can check it rather many people insisting of starting one every single time. Think of how TS2 section has one for "Windows 8/10 compatibility" or even "ways of prevent risk for corruption" would help out newcomers.

Page 3 of 14