Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 3:16 AM Last edited by pancake101 : 11th Jul 2019 at 8:53 PM.
Default TS3- Halloween world project seeking rabbithole recoloring help!
Hello everyone! I am currently working on a new Halloween themed world for the sims 3. I have made a thread for it in the CFF. I’ll link it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=625825. However, I am needing help with recoloring the town’s rabbit hole buildings to fit the theme of the world. I was working with another user on this before but they have since fallen out of contact. I am unable to recolor the buildings myself due to several program issues and general lack of understanding and am looking for anyone who may know how and would maybe be willing to help me recolor the last few buildings for my world. My ultimate goal is to have the world finished to be released on Halloween of this year. Anyone who could assist me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I’ve added a few pics to this post that show the completed recolors we managed to get so far. They are the hospital building as well as a recoloring of the diner sign for the town diner. The major buildings that still need doing are the Commonwealth Court, Vault of Antiquities, Deja View Theater, and Everglow Academy and Coliseum. If there is anyone who maybe would like to help with any one building in particular that would work as well. Maybe one person who could do the theater and another who could work the school, etc. I have images and already planned out the color schemes and themes for each of the buildings as well Thanks in advance and don’t hesitate to let me know!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 3:46 PM
Hello. I already saw your marvelous project. As a side viewer I would like to see something like a fair lot as a show venue inside your world. But I can't take part because Sims 3 not running an my laptop for some reasons I don't really understand. So I just hope your project will be on time. And'll look forward. Crowkeeper and Norn probably will tell you much more because both experienced at city planning.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Hello. I already saw your marvelous project. As a side viewer I would like to see something like a fair lot as a show venue inside your world. But I can't take part because Sims 3 not running an my laptop for some reasons I don't really understand. So I just hope your project will be on time. And'll look forward. Crowkeeper and Norn probably will tell you much more because both experienced at city planning.

Thank you :3 I hope so as well. There is a concert show venue in the world currently that can be used by sims and a small fair like lot as well that is set as a Halloween festival with everything the spooky day festivals have as well as a horror funhouse lot beside it
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:29 PM
Hi, what a great idea to give all your lovely Halloween lots a proper place! Which RH are still missing, and in how do you want to have them to look like? Recolouring is not my forte either but I can give it a try. Just out of curiosity, what keeps you from recolouring them yourself?
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Hi, what a great idea to give all your lovely Halloween lots a proper place! Which RH are still missing, and in how do you want to have them to look like? Recolouring is not my forte either but I can give it a try. Just out of curiosity, what keeps you from recolouring them yourself?

Hi there! I have tried recoloring in the past but no matter how I try it it never works for me. Also I’ve always had issues with the programs on my computer :/ the lots are based on the lemax and department 56 spooky town series of ceramic buildings, the same I based my original Halloween lot series on. If you look at the picture of the recolored hospital building in the post that was created by another user I was originally working with, you see the look I am after is mainly creepy colors and textures as well as adding any little Halloween type decals like in that buildings case, the pumpkins in the windows, and the green handprints on the doors. I have five (possibly six) RH left that need recoloring, one however, the arboretum, was midway done but never completed as we lost touch with them. I still have the images of it though. I can tell you more in a private message if you would like
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#6 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 6:31 PM
The rabbit holes that have been recolored look good. The tutorial Nilxis provided seems to use S3PE and I have not used that very much beyond merging packages- otherwise I would try to help.
Theorist
#7 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pancake101
Thank you :3 I hope so as well. There is a concert show venue in the world currently that can be used by sims and a small fair like lot as well that is set as a Halloween festival with everything the spooky day festivals have as well as a horror funhouse lot beside it

Yes. But I thought about a big fair lot with rollercoasters and circus))) Something like Crow and Crown made by Nornithes. Well, until this project is off from store content I just wish to have something like bonus lot.

And pleeeease, stay away from PM messaging( I hope your project has not any top-secret files to have a public talk. I have great interest to see screens of WIP kitchen also to know much about Halloween. There is no such holiday in my country. Lot placement with some scheme of lots or zonning like it was made for CroNor would be great appreciated.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 2:59 PM Last edited by pancake101 : 11th Jul 2019 at 8:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Yes. But I thought about a big fair lot with rollercoasters and circus))) Something like Crow and Crown made by Nornithes. Well, until this project is off from store content I just wish to have something like bonus lot.

And pleeeease, stay away from PM messaging( I hope your project has not any top-secret files to have a public talk. I have great interest to see screens of WIP kitchen also to know much about Halloween. There is no such holiday in my country. Lot placement with some scheme of lots or zonning like it was made for CroNor would be great appreciated.

Ah I see. Well I dunno about a lot that large since it is a rather small world. Right now I’m focusing on the recolors