Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:18 PM Last edited by PharaohHound : 13th Jul 2019 at 3:16 PM.
Default Mid-century - New Creator Theme
That's right, our latest creator theme is Mid-century. Time to break out the glass and wood paneling and hang with Frank Lloyd Wright, design an entire capital city (looking at you, Brasilia), kick back in your Eames chair, embrace the power of the atom, or try to take up a new career in the glitzy and cut-throat world of advertising!

Show off your sleek and swanky uploads with the #themeMidCentury tag on your theme-appropriate upload, and you'll receive a snazzy achievement sticker on your profile.

This theme runs for three months, from now until mid-September mid-October (I can't do math), giving you plenty of time to come up with some great creations.

But don't worry, #themeBusiness peeps, we haven't forgotten you! You should be getting your stickers by the end of today. Here's all of the awesome talent on display.

funhammyFunctional bakery set (Miscellaneous)
MichelleRegister Bisquit Number Cruncher Recolours (Electronics)
AysarthFishing Spot With Custom Fish (Miscellaneous)
Justpetro4 Hobby Shops in a Row - no CC (Community)
joandsarah77Social Security Office (Community)
Menaceman44Plan Career Outfit (Miscellaneous)
Michelle16 Photo Booth Grunge Recolours (Community Lot)
AysarthStockable Butcher's Meats with Fake Decra-chill (Appliances)
RosebineTokiboo Clothing Mannequins (Decorative)
NornSlithers and Critters Pet Shop (Community)
Victor_torWall sign and board sign stickers (5.05.19 UPD) (Decorative)
M4BCreatorsAmbitious Additions (Community)
Victor_torWall sign and board sign stickers (Decorative)
KylaaabSvarri Fashion and Skye's Café (Community)
KylaaabCasten's Costumes and Oddities (Community)
KylaaabLeo's Pizza and V.B.M. Inc. (No CC) (Community)
LizOFB Shelves Default Replaced (Surfaces)
LizClaybee Business and Community (Community Lot)
ZarathustraCyberSys Prefecture District 2 - NO CC (Apartments)
LizTiny Florist Home Business (Residential)
fascisthaterTropical Winds Resort(No CC) (Community)
AdeLanaSP"Cats & Dogs" Pet Shop (Residential)
AdeLanaSP"Pets Collection" Door & Windows (pet stop for business) (Doors & Windows)
Victor_torReznoye Shelves recolour (Surfaces)
Goldenbtrfly20k Starter Home Businesses - 3 Types - No CC! (Residential)
Victor_torCuster's Market (Community)
HugeLunaticFredrik Shelf (Surfaces)
gamefreak130Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021) (Script & Core Mods)
CatherineTCJDPepe's Pets (from the Lot Bin) Maxis Makeover - No CC (Community)
CobaltSunflowersTrailer Grocery Shop Home (no CC) (Residential)
KestinSkirt Suits for AM (Everyday)
Sophie-DavidHaunted Gravestones with Ghostly Servants (Object Mods)

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 5:24 PM
Damn. I thought the new theme was 80s/90s but I just realized I actually dreamt that, and it didn't really happen. A worrying amount of my dreams lately have been CC-related. Gonna be pretty cool if this one spawns some new quality CC though, Mid-Century never gets old and there's a load of it already. I think the Store has a whole category dedicated to it and TS4 has that Bowling pack thing.

I was going to upload a set of snazzy new old outfits for the Business theme but I didn't make it in time. What would happen if I uploaded it at a later point in time with all the right hashtags?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#3 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 6:57 PM
Ewww))) I just googled mid-sentury and found I have zero ideas about this theme. Time to joy with chirping cicades inside my head?)))

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 5:17 AM
Isn't it till mid-October instead of mid-September if it is 3 months? It's already July.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 2:54 AM
Oh honey, you'll know I'll be all over this theme! :lovestruc

Check out my building creations!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 3:16 PM
@lientebollemeis - Right you are! Occasionally math gets the best of me. Fixed in the first post.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 8:54 PM
I'm just amazed that you guys are doing 3 month themes now, and that's still too short for me to come up with anything.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 5:05 PM
I think I misunderstood Mid Century. I thought it meant Medieval (like the mid of all centuries), but by seeing another upload in the theme I realized it's about the fifties (which is the same as a previous theme Vintage, that is why I thought of Medieval)?
So is it Medieval of fifties (vintage)?

Also I saw that Lyralei just added #thememidcentury to an old upload that is indeed thememidcentury.
Are we allowed to do that or must it really be uploaded between mid July and mid October 2019?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 8:54 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 15th Jul 2019 at 9:07 PM.
I've never heard Mid-Century used as a name for the Middle Ages. To my knowledge, Mid-Century Modern or MCM (as it's usually called) refers to certain design from the early 50s up to the mid 60s.

Basically the current theme is Mad Men if the last couple of seasons got cancelled, which is great because it opens the door right up for That '70s Show, Miami Vice and Friends to take over afterwards.

insert signature here
Theorist
#10 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:23 PM
Not sure actually, but found this by mid-sentury hash

My opinion: mid-sentury is so-called retro. Less expressive and boastful. Simple words. Retro.
I had some objects made by Awesims. I'd say this creator made in Mid-sentury style)
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:35 PM
Ok I understand it's not Medieval.

So basically it's the same as the past theme Vintage?

Also I saw that Lyralei just added #thememidcentury to an old upload that is indeed thememidcentury.
Are we allowed to do that or must it really be uploaded between mid July and mid October 2019?

Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:51 PM
It's absolutely not the same as vintage, because "vintage" isn't a style. There is some overlap between MCM and retro, but retro is quite a vague term nowadays and can be used to refer to anything from between the 40s and the 90s. MCM, however, is much better defined and has nothing to do with "vintage" or "retro" since both of those things aren't typically modern. Modernism and MCM are modern.

Modernism and mid century modern are much like postmodernism and Memphis-Milano. The former may not sound as specific but they are.

insert signature here
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:08 PM
Look up reikus13 tumblr. She makes lots of mid century modern recolors. More than enough to give you an idea.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:18 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 15th Jul 2019 at 11:28 PM.
Just Google "mid century modern" and look at 10 pictures. You'll notice a pattern by #5, and a rock solid aesthetic by #10. Our living room is MCM-esque, it's really the best of both worlds. Some of this furniture was very expensive 50 years ago.

insert signature here
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I think I misunderstood Mid Century. I thought it meant Medieval (like the mid of all centuries), but by seeing another upload in the theme I realized it's about the fifties (which is the same as a previous theme Vintage, that is why I thought of Medieval)?
So is it Medieval of fifties (vintage)?

Mid-century, meaning the middle of the 20th century. I would say about 1940-1960 would count.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:29 PM
Yes, but considering the war and the post-war economic boom, it's about 10 years later. 1950 to 1970, broadly.

insert signature here
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:34 PM
I don't know if they will be so technical if you are ten years to one side or the other it will probably do. But I am guessing they will want it to be post-war without moving into 80's big hair.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 11:53 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 16th Jul 2019 at 12:08 AM.
Yeah, that's my territory. Not that I wouldn't be grateful if everyone suddenly decided to do that for 3 months, you guys have no idea how much work it'd take to create everything I need for this series.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 5:51 AM
I saw that Lyralei just added #thememidcentury to an old upload that is indeed thememidcentury.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#20 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 3:41 PM
Of course if you have a download that specifically works with a theme (Like the Midcentury beds I made) Then honestly go for it! But be aware that we do check downloads on if they actually are fitting that theme.

But! We do really recommend trying to come up with something new so there's more content and things to enjoy for everyone! I'm just setting a bad example :P
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 5:45 PM
Does it work the other way? I had some stuff planned for the Business theme but couldn't finish it in time.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Of course if you have a download that specifically works with a theme (Like the Midcentury beds I made) Then honestly go for it! But be aware that we do check downloads on if they actually are fitting that theme.

But! We do really recommend trying to come up with something new so there's more content and things to enjoy for everyone! I'm just setting a bad example :P

I guess I'll be fine with everything that has to do with Elvis Presley.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 1:19 AM
Ohhhhh man. Time to finally get my butt in gear and upload some sweet houses. I looove Mid Century Modern. <3
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#24 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Does it work the other way? I had some stuff planned for the Business theme but couldn't finish it in time.

From what I know, we'll have a "Catch up" theme soon! So that should fix that for "expired" themes
Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:57 PM
Fancy. I like the sound of that.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2