Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 7:11 PM
Default Recolored clothes not showing up?
I am following the tutorial to recolor clothes in GIMP and things look fine in the program, but when I load them in Body Shop they look unchanged.

I used "color mode" to shift the color to grey scale. Then I switched it back to color and created a new layer. I set the new layer to "hard light" and used the airbrush to free hand a was of color over the coat with a different color for the hood lining and boots. I hit "save" and then closed the program. When I hit reload in body shop and chose the project, It didn't look any different.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 9:01 PM
In Gimp, make sure you're actually saving the files properly as BMP and saving over the original files. The saving mechanisms in Gimp is a known problem in relation to Bodyshop.

Gimp saves files as the internal format, so if you don't select the proper "export" format, you either get wrongly colored clothes or no changes to the BMP files.

Quote:
When you "export" an image as a BMP in GIMP it brings up a dialog allowing you to choose settings. Under "advanced options" the default setting is "32 bits: A8 R8 G8 B8". This setting doesn't work in Body Shop. Instead select "24 bits: R8 G8 B8".

From here, with picture: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...37&postcount=15
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In Gimp, make sure you're actually saving the files properly as BMP and saving over the original files. The saving mechanisms in Gimp is a known problem in relation to Bodyshop.

Gimp saves files as the internal format, so if you don't select the proper "export" format, you either get wrongly colored clothes or no changes to the BMP files.

From here, with picture: http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...37&postcount=15

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 10:43 PM
I did it!!!! Thank you so much! Now to figure out how to change those red boots...
Screenshots