Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 9:08 PM
Default SimPE question - why is it pulling these private dialog strings?
I noticed a hack was having a problem with its dialogs, so I went to check it out. It's interesting, because this is a social object, with defined text list 0x12D for the dialog strings, but when the dialog strings are actually referenced in a function in the same group (line 0x1E of BHAV 0x1023) it thinks the private dialog strings are something else - specifically that they are the private dialog strings from the base game marriage social, and not the dialog strings from this custom social. Normally I would think this is just SimPE messing up somehow, but the game actually does display "It's already pretty crowded here. You'll need to move some out before anyone else can move in." for this dialog, so SimPE must know something I don't. What's going on here? Could @Chris Hatch maybe answer, since I gather he has taken on maintenance of SimPE?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ij_marhis_specialweddingsocial.zip (7.6 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 3:46 PM
That file has two text lists with the same group and instance (0x012D), delete the text list you don't want and keep the one you do want.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 9:36 PM
Oh, so it does. There we go, that would definitely cause that problem.