Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 11:12 AM
Default Snow / Terrain Issues
Hello Everyone!
I was working in CAW when I noticed terrain lines (don't know how else to call it, sorry) at some edges of a couple of placed lots. I already tried placing the lot, delete it and then clicked undo, but that didn't help. I also tried the edge-smoothing-tool, but it also didn't work. I thought, well it's not that obvious, but I saw that the terrain looks horrible in deep snow.
I only used 8 layers per chunk (it's a small world map) and I don't know what else to do or why these issues are happening... Does anybody know what I can do to repair that?
I attached some pictures so you can see what I am talking about.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 1:36 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 23rd Nov 2019 at 12:57 AM.
What I've found works the best is to delete the lot, smooth/flatten the ground, then replace the lot(s). The edge smoothing tool sometimes works but also sometimes just transfers the uneven lot edges to other lots. Then you have to go through the entire world making sure all the lot edges are okay. You may want to use the CAW lot flattening tool to flatten the lots (if they are supposed to be flat) before doing any construction on the lots. Once you start editing/building on the lot (if you do this from CAW Edit in Game), you can no longer use the CAW flatten lot tool on the lots. Hope this helps!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 1:30 AM
Love the snow road. I love to see the worlds in winter. I can see that one of the lots needs conforming. If you change terrain anywhere near a lot you have to use the conform lot tool to set the lot to match the new terrain. I usually do a quick run through of my lots quite often with that tool to be sure they are OK. Then when on the lot smooth the edges to blend the lot to the rest of the terrain.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 9:27 AM
@SimmyRN and @daisylee
Thank you for your answers ^^
First: the lot issues you can see in the first picture with the green grass in my first post disappeared magically... i don't know what I did or didn't do, but without middle/deep snow everything looks fine now.
But as you can see in these new attached pictures, there are still snow issues, even though I did everything you suggested... guess I have to live with it?!
The see-through issue on the roads you can see in picture 1 occurs only if there is a lot in front of the road. I don't know why snow is such a big deal for a small map world and with max 8 terrain paints...
As I said, it only happens with middle/deep snow and even with that, if the lot is loaded, everything looks good (second picture with the loaded mailbox).
Hmmm... if anyone knows something else, i'd happy about that, but it looks like just a graphics issue so far, so no lag or anything (:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 10:22 AM
I have never seen that in the game. Hope someone can help you get rid of that.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 12:59 AM
I've never seen that either. Maybe try smoothing / replacing the road and / or lots to see if that makes a difference. Sorry to not be more helpful!