Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 4:21 AM
Mod Question
I would like to create a sims mod that allows children to become 5 star celebrities. However, i'm very new to modding can any more experienced modders guide me in this endeavor, like what tuning would i need to create such a mod any help would greatly be appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 2:12 AM
Anybody?
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 10:04 PM
See this guide to learn the basics about XML Tuning; that's what you'll be doing. You can use the XML Extractor to get the files you need, or you can just use the Sims 4 Studio to search and edit the files all at once. While S4S is a bit more practical, it can't search inside the XMLs like a text editor like Notepad++ can.

You're gonna want to look at the files with "celebrity" or "fame" in the filename, and "age" or "YOUNGADULT" inside. Try starting with statistic/rankedStatistic_Fame. Sadly, you'll have to restart your game every time you want to test a change in your package file.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 6:14 AM
Ohhh! So it was your thread I was looking for. Here is a mod that does this already, enjoy (free of course)!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/32004495

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 3:04 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Ohhh! So it was your thread I was looking for. Here is a mod that does this already, enjoy (free of course)!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/32004495

Oh thanks for that link, i wasn't aware that a mod like this already existed . This thread can now be closed