Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 10:12 PM Last edited by bobohubaek : 5th Dec 2019 at 7:37 PM.
Default How to get rid of pattern on cc clothing?
Hello, I'm new to making cc and I've not been able to figure out how I can add a new pattern on a cc clothing piece that already has a pattern on it? When I'm in PS and use the multiply layer, it merely shows the original pattern underneath it mixed with the new pattern layer. Obviously I would like to keep the shadows etc of the clothing but I have no idea how to get rid of the existing pattern. Hope I'm explaining myself correctly! Any help would be so appreciated.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 9:52 AM
It's not clear to me what you mean by a pattern on the clothing - please post a picture showing your problem.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's not clear to me what you mean by a pattern on the clothing - please post a picture showing your problem.

Sure, here is the photo, along with the pattern I've chosen and showing what it looks like when I try to add my pattern I want on it by using the multiply layer. I'm really new to this so I apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm not sure how to get rid of the snake pattern. I have looked up tutorials but I've really only been able to find ones that are for recoloring, not adding a new pattern on top of an already existing pattern.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 8:21 PM
In this case you should just copy and paste your pattern over the snakeskin. Using a blend will result in a blended image. Actually I'm still confused - isn't the middle pic what you want the texture to look like? Sorry if I'm way off.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
In this case you should just copy and paste your pattern over the snakeskin. Using a blend will result in a blended image. Actually I'm still confused - isn't the middle pic what you want the texture to look like? Sorry if I'm way off.

I'm sorry, no it's me I don't know how to explain this clearly. Yes, the middle is what I want but I also want to keep the shadows etc of the belt, so I don't know how to get rid of the snake pattern so that only my houndstooth pattern is on it and the shadows/definition is kept along with it. The only way I'm able to keep the shadows is by doing multiply layer but then that of course meshes the snake pattern with my houndstooth pattern. I just don't know what to do so that it's only my pattern on the belt with kept shadows/definition. Hope this makes sense!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 9:02 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 6th Dec 2019 at 1:08 PM.
Yes it does.

Yeah, if there's a way to replace the pattern while keeping shading, I don't know it. My only suggestion is to put the original in a semi-transparent layer over your texture and use it as a guide to hand-draw the shading.

BTW, don't worry about shadows under the belt and other parts; those are in a separate shadow texture.