Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 3:21 AM
Default Failure Loots
I am very interested in creating failure loot buffs but I'm having trouble understanding them. I've worked backwards from buffs like Need to Advance for Ambitious Sims but I'm yet to find a file that specifies that you haven't gotten a promotion. Or for the failure loot in the Romantic trait, I can't find a file that specifies romantic interactions. Does this make any sense? If someone could explain failure loots to me, I would be forever grateful.

Alternatively, I have tried creating a failure loot in Mod Constructor but I haven't had any luck. I'm not 100% sure but my impression of the direction in Mod Constructor is that the specified loot (the new buff) will run if the Sim does not meet the specified test condition (in this case, the interaction that would not run for the specified duration). That's still not working for me and I don't know what I'm missing. I've found tutorials for creating traits and buffs with Mod Constructor but they always forgo failure loots.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!