Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 1:34 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 1st Jan 2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Updated stats
Default 2019 - A Year in Statistics
Welcome, to the world of tomorrow!

2020 is here!  With multiple new Sims 4 dlc announced, it's looking to be a great year for the franchise, and we still have quite a lot of veteran Sims 2 players too!  

Last year we had a fairly quite year in terms of site changes and features - a new navigation bar, mentions table, and uploader, as well as a forum restructure.  But most of the work was done on the backend, to support upcoming features.  With that said, I'd like to welcome all of the 70,929 new members, and 348 new creators last year! In addition, our users downloaded 9,405,706 items, from 2,749 uploaded threads, of which 4,346,416 where uinique downloads.

Showing it's still going strong, Sims 2 uploads accounted for 1/3 of the TS4 figures, with TS3 coming in at only 1/6th:

Uploads approved by game:
The Sims 2: 603
The Sims 3: 304
The Sims 4: 1842

We unfortunately had to reject 746 uploads last year, but next year we hope to reduce this figure with changes to the Rubrics system as well as a new upload wizard!

The top 20 downloads of last year: (Some appear multiple times because it's per file)

The Sims 2:
Potted Plants Collection by PineappleForest (6690 downloads)
Potted Plants Collection by PineappleForest (5465 downloads)
Back To Nature Playset (10 Year Anniversary) by Lina (4322 downloads)
V-neck swimsuit by PineappleForest (3755 downloads)
No Death Type Loss When Moving Tombstones to Community Lots by SixAM! (3634 downloads)
Mission State University - no CC. by aelflaed (3616 downloads)
Improved Family Tree UI by SixAM! (3315 downloads)
Black and White - IKEA Rug Collection by P34nut (3195 downloads)
Ephemera More Colorful (SimpleSkin Recolors) - Custom & DEFAULTS! by Pideli (3172 downloads)
Billie Eilish Sim by sims2ultralover5 (2912 downloads)
HD, QHD, and 4k Loading Screens! by thesammy58 (2783 downloads)
Funenhof Apartments - no CC by Jonipoon (2758 downloads)
Manor House Collection: Gourmet Kitchen iCad Recolours by Michelle (2751 downloads)
Hawkley's Home on the Hill - (No CC) (Furnished & Unfurnished) by Metamorp (2745 downloads)
Crepes Trout & Jam - new meal in bowls by AdeLanaSP (2732 downloads)
Yellow Birch Wooden Floor Collection by P34nut (2652 downloads)
More Overalls..Female Child Version! by Rosebine (2559 downloads)
AF Athletic Outfit by P34nut (2532 downloads)
AF Pink Athletic Outfit by P34nut (2480 downloads)
3 Athletic Outfits by P34nut (2438 downloads)

The Sims 3:
Deep Conversations by QuackGames (9679 downloads)
The Third Person Mod by QuackGames (8135 downloads)
The Third Person Mod by QuackGames (8078 downloads)
New Lifetime Goals by QuackGames (7785 downloads)
H&B TopWash - Washing Machine [No Dryer] by littledica (6968 downloads)
Apple iPhone 8 by jwofles (5948 downloads)
Snow but better! - Snow replacement mod by Lyralei (4957 downloads)
Apple iPhone 8 by jwofles (4718 downloads)
Adults can Play Peek-A-Boo & Hug Toddlers by TheSweetToddler (4143 downloads)
Apple iPhone 8 by jwofles (4091 downloads)
'Take a Bow' Dress for Teen-Elder by sweetdevil (3809 downloads)
'Take a Bow' Dress for Teen-Elder by sweetdevil (3240 downloads)
New Lifetime Goals by QuackGames (2869 downloads)
The Lazy Lagoon (No CC) by pancake101 (2683 downloads)
Spring Lake Escape (No CC) by Kylaaab (2679 downloads)
Greymont Bay by heaven (2677 downloads)
Eco Modern Marvel (No CC) by pancake101 (2622 downloads)
'Danger Darling' Top for Teen-Elder by sweetdevil (2564 downloads)
No more autonomous computer use (1.67) by SaladWithKoRn (2560 downloads)
Greymont Bay by heaven (2520 downloads)

The Sims 4:
*UPDATED* The Sims 4 IKEA Home Stuff by simsi45 (137687 downloads)
Prefer to eat at tables by mental-hygiene (77439 downloads)
Singer Career by ellenplop (63524 downloads)
Family Reunion Event by Sims_Lover (62969 downloads)
XML Injector version 2 by scumbumbo (61786 downloads)
New Hobby Traits by kutto (55714 downloads)
New Emotional Traits by kutto (52801 downloads)
Teacher Career by ellenplop (51585 downloads)
The Sims 4 Modern Kitchen Stuff - Custom Stuff Pack by littledica (49317 downloads)
The Sims 4 Modern Kitchen Stuff - Custom Stuff Pack by littledica (47326 downloads)
The Sims 4 Modern Kitchen Stuff - Custom Stuff Pack by littledica (46787 downloads)
H&B AquaVortex - Dishwasher by littledica (46024 downloads)
Salon Career by ellenplop (45675 downloads)
Ultimate Teen Career Set by asiashamecca (43852 downloads)
Sims Eat and Drink Faster AND Optional Version: Prefer to eat at Tables Included by bjnicol (42772 downloads)
SimCity Loans 2.0 by scarletqueenkat (41475 downloads)
Plan Career Outfit by Menaceman44 (40689 downloads)
15 New Holiday Traditions by Sims_Lover (39412 downloads)
The Sims 4 IKEA Home Stuff (Reward Items) by simsi45 (38456 downloads)
Simulation Unclogger by TURBODRIVER (38314 downloads)

Congratulations to simsi45 for getting the highest count of the year!

Our users gave 625,674 Thanks to downloads, and pressed the love buttons a lot!

Love buttons:
helpful: 102,890
funny: 155,135
agree: 241,730
disagree: 36,915
love: 155,215
unhelpful: 93

On the forums side, we had:

On downloads: 38,778
In discussion sections: 40,687
In Creativity: 257
In help: 16,414
In modding: 1,373
Threads:
Discussion sections: 991
Creativity: 118
Help: 3,117
Modding: 223

And in terms of Google Analytics:

Number of absolute unique visitors: 12,445,366
Number of pageviews: 235,392,770
Average pages per visit: 6.15

Chrome shows it's dominance still in terms of browsers, but Safari is pretty high!

Browsers used:
Chrome: 59.6%
Safari: 19.9%
Firefox: 5.47%
Edge: 5.29%
Internet Explorer: 2.48%

I was actually surprised at the amount of mobile views.  While mobile is not usually a design priority, we do try to make things at least usable, and will continue to do more for this in the coming year.

Desktop vs Mobile:
Desktop: 67.54%
Mobile: 30.20%
Tablet: 2.26%

Some things to look forward to in 2020 for the site, are, as mentioned, a rewrite of the Rubrics system, a brand new Upload Sorcerer, automatic metadata extraction, https support, a new wysiwyg editor and more! If we have time we'll also be looking at updating the sites theme from Bootstrap 2 to Bulma, but that's obviously a much larger project!

I'd like to thank all of the members, the guests, and the staff, for helping to make 2019 a great year, and let's move into 2020 with a new purpose and some great new content to play!

Regards,
The MTS staff

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 3:07 PM
Thank you very much for keeping up with such a wonderful work, and let's hope for another brilliant year for our beloved Sims games and this masterpiece of a website.

May I ask for some statistics about the top downloads of TS1, TS2 and TS3? TS4 may be newer and shinier, but vintage players keep creating wonderful content too and according to your comment quite a bit of it.
I only play TS2 myself, and it would amuse me to see which were the 5 top downloads
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 6:01 PM
Thank you for these statistics! They are super interesting. I'd be interested in seeing the top downloads for Sims 2 and Sims 3 as well.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 8:08 PM
I'm surprised that the Sims 2 had twice as many uploads as TS3.

Maybe not so much though. A lot of TS3's crowd probably moved onto TS4, while those still playing TS2 just stuck where they were.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 8:31 PM
I'm blown away to see that one of my creations was in the top 20 of TS4 downloads on the site for the entire year! Thanks everyone!

(Also a heads up, none of the thread links included actually work.)

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 8:48 PM
This was really interesting to read. I literally never post, but I have been around since, well, forever. lol
I'm one of those who still plays Sims 2 and probably won't upgrade to any newer ones. I'm just now wanting to learn how to make my own stuff in the game, because as time passes, it's hard to find new items that I'm looking for.
Anyway, I just want to say thank you for continuing to keep this site safe, easy to use, and fresh. You guys seriously rock.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 11:34 PM
I've fixed the links and added the top 20 for both TS2 and TS3.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 11:52 PM
Seems pretty simple to me why TS3 had less uploads than TS2 and TS4: it's the hardest to create content for. CC for TS3 has certain demands that TS2 content don't have, and the easy-to-use tools available for TS4 make it more accessible. I can't imagine TS3 is necessarily less popular than TS2 but I can very well imagine they're both considerably less popular than TS4 is at the moment.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 3:13 AM
@Tashiketh - Some of the upload titles have ampersands and they broke in your post.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Seems pretty simple to me why TS3 had less uploads than TS2 and TS4: it's the hardest to create content for. CC for TS3 has certain demands that TS2 content don't have, and the easy-to-use tools available for TS4 make it more accessible. I can't imagine TS3 is necessarily less popular than TS2 but I can very well imagine they're both considerably less popular than TS4 is at the moment.
Personally, I still think that the pattern system is one of the best things they did, even if it meant that you couldn't shlep out 50 recolours of the same thing anymore. . It made it so much more advanced and easier to create whatever design you wanted using existing patterns rather than having to hunt down if you have such and such a recolour.  But maybe that's just me being nostalgic. :P

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 12:28 PM
The stats are actually pretty cool! Also to see how popular particular games are in general. (Obviously TS4 is a bit higher because shiny! and new! And actively getting new packs! )

Overall, we've seen a lot of awesome downloads to begin with for this year, with a lot of effort put into it and love and care! I mean, that's the fun of creating right? A thought, that changes into something super creative and something you can share/download! Thanks to everyone for keeping that going, and sharing their own creativity with the rest of the world! <3

Oh, and of course.. *waves at all the new creators and members*

Hopefully 2020 will be just a great as 2019! Or even better
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 12:40 PM
The stats are interesting, thank you!
Theorist
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 2:12 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 2nd Jan 2020 at 4:48 PM. Reason: mispell
Hehe. Even Ikea is already exists for years, it's still very much popular here same as in real life.
Just curious why all scandinavian style being still so beloved as well.
All that bills about statistics are interesting very much. Thank you.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Personally, I still think that the pattern system is one of the best things they did, even if it meant that you couldn't shlep out 50 recolours of the same thing anymore. . It made it so much more advanced and easier to create whatever design you wanted using existing patterns rather than having to hunt down if you have such and such a recolour.  But maybe that's just me being nostalgic. :P

No, the pattern system IS cool. I think everyone likes it, basically, with really only two practical caveats:

It can be overwhelming due to the large amount of patterns available, with often less than stellar preset options
It can slow your game down significantly and be a chore to work with.

When people say they don't like it, chances are they don't like it from a practical TS3-specific viewpoint. But you're absolutely right, it's freed us from those endless recolours.....that, I'm eternally grateful for.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 12:00 PM
It was very interesting to see the TS2 and TS3 data reflected even in my own Blender add-ons for both, I had always expected TS3 to be more popular than TS2 nowadays. Turns out I was wrong, at least as far as CC is concerned. It might be that 2 is actually played more or as @AGuyCalledPi said, the fact that 3 is harder to create CC for, or a combination of both.
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 1:37 PM
This was very interesting. I only play the Sims 3 and check the site at least once a week to see if there is anything new that piques my interest. At this point, I'm mostly interested in mods that add new functionality or fix to the game.

Some good ones last year were the ones by QuackGames such as the deep conversation mod, everything by gamefreak130 (job overhaul mod etc.), all the toddler interaction mods by TheSweetToddler, and in the last two months the amazing edible foods by Dinadine (dim sum, pizza, donuts). Otherwise, I mostly saw lots being uploaded, which I prefer to build myself. So perhaps a lot of Sims 3 players are like me that really don't need new lots, but new game functionality. As for CC clothes, makeup, hair, furniture, etc. I mostly get those from creators on Tumblr which seem to prefer uploading there rather than on here?

But please keep up the amazing work! As I said, I still visit the site at least once a week just in case any new gems pop up
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 1:16 AM
Yay I was mentioned! How fun, haha!

Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I was actually surprised at the amount of mobile views.

I actually mostly visit MTS from my phone, to look at the forums.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Jan 2020 at 2:08 AM
This is very interesting to have read. And it show that the site is going strong as ever. Thank you to all that make that possible.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 10:23 AM
I don't know about other mobile users, but if I'm actually playing sims at the time I don't have the internet on on my computer so I'll search it on my phone and skype myself the link to download later. Anyone else do that?

Thanks, I hate it.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#20 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 7:25 PM
The stats are very interesting. Congratulations to all the top 20 creators! It takes a lot of work to get those kinds of numbers

I feel like TS2 players are die hard fans of the game, as there is so much that is still so great about it; University really made the game super fun for me. TS3 has World Adventures and that's always been the biggest draw for me in that one, along with open worlds and creating patterns. And TS4? Graphics! Smooth gameplay! EP/GP/SP's! Things are filling out nicely for TS4, as far as actually playing the game is concerned. Yes, TS2 and TS4 are a pain for creators in that you have to make every single recolour you want, or with enough variety to satisfy just about anyone, but it's a much faster game for me with and without cc (which only makes sense because: technology). And we finally got ground manipulation tools for TS4! That was a very big con, not having that, but now we do and the lots that are being created are amazing

A BIG WELCOME to all newbies, whether you're a creator, a downloader, or just browsing, or a combination of those, and a BIG THANK YOU to all the creators and downloaders out there! 2020 is going to be very interesting on MTS, and I hope you and your Simming friends will enjoy this journey with us <3
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
I don't know about other mobile users, but if I'm actually playing sims at the time I don't have the internet on on my computer so I'll search it on my phone and skype myself the link to download later. Anyone else do that?

definitely, though I just bookmarks sites as my browser is linked through both devices.
although there was that one time I emailed myself as the computer refused to download a particular file which I was able to get on my phone.