Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 9:03 PM Last edited by faepsprings : 15th Mar 2020 at 3:44 PM.
Default The Forgotten Realms Legacy, a brand new legacy challenge for the Sims 4!
**The challenge lives here, on my Simblr! I've been playing it privately to test out the goals and requirements, but am starting a shared save soon! There's also a list of other Simmers playing the challenge right here!**

So! I have always wanted to write my own legacy challenge. I’ve revamped and updated plenty for personal gameplay, but never had the guts to get one of my own out there in to the Simming community. But finally, here I am—I’m doing it! Here goes nothing:

Welcome to the Forgotten Realms Legacy Challenge! I always use legacy challenges as basis of reference and inspiration, and I very much encourage you to do the same with this one. We’re all here to have fun, and so if a generation has a rule you don’t like? Change it! Got a story going on you’d like to follow? Bend those goals! Really like the look of the goals of a later generation? Do that one next! However, for those of you who are really up to a strict challenge: I’ve attempted to include as much detail as possible to really squeeze everything I can out of the game and give a cohesive challenge, as well as include a base story to follow through the generations.

Forgotten Realms is a challenge inspired by Dungeons and Dragons, from where it gets its namesake, and uses the classes from the game to craft each generation’s goals and story guidelines. However! The fantasy nature of this inspiration does not mean all your Sims have to be brightly coloured or have pointy ears, and I encourage all takes on the legacy from Alpha CC Vanilla to Berry Sweet Fantasy! (though saying that i have included suggested berry colouring for each gen because i’ve been feeling my berry self recently, spoilers: the colours are also based off the official dnd class colourings and uses tainoodles' sorbet remix palette as reference)

Basic legacy rules may apply here if you so wish (start with nothing, no gameplay cheats allowed, etc.), though if you’re looking to take a more storytelling approach, or simply prefer to follow legacies with the comfort of your usual gameplay methods, then screw it! Whip freerealestate on, get your founder a nice little house, and work from there. Some cool ideas I like to use however, include:
Deciding on a method of heir selection and sticking to it
Rolling one-six for the amount of offspring to be born each generation (this is referred to as the offspring roll when referenced in generation goals)
Using this genetics generator to get the most genetically realistic offspring from your Sims
Having your Sims live in as many worlds as possible!
Assuming you must complete the aspiration, and reach the top of your given career, for each generation

If you're going to give the challenge a go, please, please, please tag me in your founder posts so I can follow your stories and see what you make of my little idea! Use the #forgotten realms legacy hashtag so that I don't miss a beat! I'm so excited to see what this wonderful community does with this concept.

Generation I: The Bard (Lilac)

“Whether scholar, skald, or scoundrel, a bard weaves magic through words and music to inspire allies, demoralize foes, manipulate minds, create illusions, and even heal wounds.” - The Player’s Handbook

You just want to be appreciated. You sing and you dance, anything to get a smile or a laugh from the crowd: a people pleaser through and through. Music has always been your passion, but it’s become entangled in your relentless goose chase after success. Can you unweave the two, and make a purer pursuit for your dreams once more?

Traits: Music Lover, Outgoing and Goofball
Aspiration: Musical Genius
Career: Entertainer (Musician branch) and/or songwriting royalties

Goals:
Max the singing (CL) skill and any two instrument skills of your choice ( guitar and piano really help as your Sim can both play and sing at the same time!)
Start down the road to fame, and become a five-star celebrity (GF)
Chase after a celebrity, dote on them, sing to them, make them love you (yes just like Jaskier from The Witcher), and then marry them! (GF)
Have an active friendship group of at least five Sims
Never turn down a karaoke or talent showcase invite, ever

Generation II: The Druid (Matcha)

“Whether calling on the elemental forces of nature or emulating the creatures of the animal world, druids are an embodiment of nature’s resilience, cunning, and fury. They claim no mastery over nature. Instead, they see themselves as extensions of nature’s indomitable will.” - The Player’s Handbook

A childhood in the limelight has sent you reeling in to seclusion, seeking a life of simple and quiet. Your parents were socialites, they loved the camera and the laughs, but that just isn't for you. Instead, you are drawn to nature, and living a peaceful existence without the complications of people.

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Vegetarian (CL) and Loner
Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast (OR)
Career: Conservationist (Environmental Manager branch) (IL) and/or gardening

Goals:
Max the herbalism (OR) and gardening skills
Live in an Off the Grid lot
Have no more than one pregnancy per romantic partner, and never marry or invite a partner to live with you (however you make take custody of as many of your offspring as you like)
Earn the Super Green Thumb trait from thriving in the outdoors
Complete the frog collection

Generation III: The Monk (Cotton Candy)

“Whatever their discipline, monks are united in their ability to magically harness the energy that flows in their bodies. Whether channeled as a striking display of combat prowess or a subtler focus of defensive ability and speed, this energy infuses all that a monk does.” - The Player’s Handbook

You learnt a lot from your parent, and appreciate the benefits of leading such a humble life, but you are curious. You look inward, to study yourself and your own being, but you are also inspired by the stories of your grandparents and crave Sim contact. You lead a life of conflict, trying to find balance and purpose, and helping others do the same.

Traits: Noncommittal, Neat and Perfectionist
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Career: Education (Professor branch) (DU) and/or odd jobs

Goals:
Max the wellness (SD) skill and any other skill of your choice
Earn the Emotional Control (P) trait before reaching YA to help keep it all zen
Start new jobs and relationships at least three times before finally learning how to settle down
Earn the Mentor trait and mentor all of your offspring to at least level three of a skill
Never ignore your negative moodlets: always do yoga, go for a run, or talk in the mirror etc. to get rid of them as quickly as possible

Generation IV: The Paladin (Starfruit)

“Whatever their origin and their mission, paladins are united by their oaths to stand against the forces of evil. Whether sworn before a god’s altar and the witness of a priest, in a sacred glade before nature spirits and fey beings, or in a moment of desperation and grief with the dead as the only witness, a paladin’s oath is a powerful bond. It is a source of power that turns a devout warrior into a blessed champion.” - The Player’s Handbook

Your parents did their best to offer you direction, but often their advice was “follow your heart”, and “listen to your gut”. You took this in to your own hands, and decided there must be a more concrete way to view life: There must be good, and there must be bad, and bad can never be too far away. You devote your life to solidifying your moral code, and immortalising it all in writing.

Traits: Self-Assured, Family-Oriented and Snob
Aspiration: Successful Lineage
Career: Military (Officer branch) (SV) and/or writing royalties

Goals:
Max the writing and parenting (P) skills
Earn the Argumentative (P) trait to help you further your cause
Always stand up to Evil and/or Mean Sims, you should never have a positive relationship with Sims who have these traits
Whatever your offspring roll is for this generation, add three (if you rolled a six, i’m so sorry!)
Always help your offspring with their homework and school projects

Generation V: The Cleric (Coconut)

“Clerics are intermediaries between the mortal world and the distant planes of the gods. As varied as the gods they serve, clerics strive to embody the handiwork of their deities. No ordinary priest, a cleric is imbued with divine magic.” - The Player’s Handbook

You sympathise with your parents’ want to do good, but you don’t necessarily agree with their iron-fisted approach. Instead you’re a far gentler soul, who takes a more comfort the oppressed than fight the oppressor attitude. You’d like to believe that life is more fairytale-esque than it’s been painted to you, and so you intend to paint your own.

Traits: Good, Romantic and Creative
Aspiration: Soulmate
Career: Doctor (GTW) and/or selling paintings

Goals:
Unlock all the scouts badges as a child/teen
Max the flower arranging (S) and painting skills
Fall in love with a Spellcaster and complete your aspiration with them, fairytale style
Volunteer with your family at least once per week (P)
Earn the Antiseptic trait from all that time spent in the hospital

Generation VI: The Sorcerer (Rose)

"Sorcerers carry a magical birthright conferred upon them by an exotic bloodline, some otherworldly influence, or exposure to unknown cosmic forces. One can’t study sorcery as one learns a language, any more than one can learn to live a legendary life. No one chooses sorcery; the power chooses the sorcerer." - The Player's Handbook

You inherit your parent's supernatural powers, and grow up being unsure of your place in the world. You were coddled as a child; constantly told how special you were, how talented you would become, and so you place yourself on a pretty sturdy pedestal. The power that crackles at your fingertips echoes in your very soul, and you battle with a hunger for greatness: a desire to know more about the ethereal element in your halfblood.

Traits: Genius, Erratic and Self-Absorbed (GF)
Aspiration: Spellcraft and Sorcery (RoM)
Career: Secret Agent (Diamond Agent branch)

Goals:
Max the logic and charisma skills
Never be close with any of your offspring or spouse
Become a virtuoso Spellcaster and complete spell book
Complete the crystal collection
Earn the Seldom Sleepy trait, you are too busy being great and powerful for sleep!

Generation VII: The Rogue (Squid Ink)

"Rogues rely on stealth, and their foes’ vulnerabilities to get the upper hand in any situation. They have a knack for finding the solution to just about any problem, demonstrating a resourcefulness and versatility that is the cornerstone of any successful adventuring party." - The Player's Handbook

Your parents were too busy watching out for their own agendas to watch you, and so began carving your own way from a young age. Why should you follow the rules when you marvelled as the people around you brazenly went after whatever they wanted? They gave little-to-no mind about who was neglected or caught in the crossfire, least of all you, and so you intend to do the same. You're smart, and you want everything.

Traits: Kleptomaniac, Art Lover and Materialistic
Aspiration: Fabulously Wealthy
Career: Criminal (Oracle branch) and/or stealing things

Goals:
Max the mischief and programming skills
Steal something every time you visit a lot that is not your home lot
Move house at least three times throughout the generation, gotta keep the feds off your tail!
Earn the Entrepreneurial trait
Complete at least two collections

Generation VIII: The Ranger (Nori)

"Far from the bustle of cities and towns, past the hedges that shelter the most distant farms from the terrors of the wild, amid the dense-packed trees of trackless forests and across wide and empty plains, rangers keep their unending watch." - The Player's Handbook

You have lived your life on the run. Though your parents have done everything in their power to give you the things you dreamed of, it's not always worked out in your favour, and their methods have never sat entirely right with you. You understand the need for survival, but also the value in stopping to appreciate the world, and have grown to prefer the company of animals. You are a wanderer, of both the near and far, and beyond.

Traits: Active, Paranoid (SV) and Unflirty (CL)
Aspiration: Friend of the Animals
Career: Veterinarian

Goals:
Max the pet training (CaD), veterinary (CaD) and fishing skills
Always have at least one pet in the household, and be BFFs with it!
Live in a Tiny Home of any tier (TL), you are a Sim of simple needs
Disregard the offspring roll this generation, and become a single parent of one
Run a 5-star veterinary practice (CaD)

Generation IX: The Wizard (Corn Flower)

"Wizards are supreme magic-users, defined and united as a class by the spells they cast. Drawing on the subtle weave of magic that permeates the cosmos, wizards cast spells of explosive fire, arcing lightning, subtle deception, and brute-force mind control. Their magic conjures monsters from other planes of existence, glimpses the future, or turns slain foes into zombies. Their mightiest spells change one substance into another, call meteors down from the sky, or open portals to other worlds." - The Player's Handbook

You are the only child of a spacefaring hero, you are acutely aware of your family's long line of impressive ancestors, and you are humbled to continue that line. You devote your life to scholarly pursuits, in the hope that you will have something concrete to pass down to your children. Reading and studying in the comfort of your home, or a library: That's where true knowledge is found.

Traits: Bookworm, Cat Lover (CaD) and Squeamish (OR)
Aspiration: Academic
Career: Law (Private Attorney branch) (DU)

Goals:
Max the research and debate skill, and two other skills of your choice
Earn a perfect GPA at university (A+)
Roll for your offspring to inherit their ancestors' spellcasting abilities this generation (you can decide your own odds, but the heir cannot be a Spellcaster)
Earn the Responsible (P) trait before reaching YA
Have a cat (like a familiar, I drew inspiration from Caleb in Crit Role for this) you've grown up with

Generation X: The Barbarian (Persimmon)

"These barbarians, different as they might be, are defined by their rage: unbridled, unquenchable, and unthinking fury. More than a mere emotion, their anger is the ferocity of a cornered predator, the unrelenting assault of a storm, the churning turmoil of the sea." - The Player's Handbook

You are angry, oh so angry. You didn't inherit your siblings' affinity for magic or books, and that always made you feel like the runt of the litter. However, you have found something you will always come out on top at: strength. You are physically superior, tactile and good with your hands unlike anyone else in your family.

Traits: Hot-Headed, Bro and Glutton
Aspiration: Bodybuilder
Career: Athlete (Bodybuilder branch) and/or woodworking

Goals:
Max the fitness and handiness skills
Give in to the rage whenever you have an angry moodlet: use the punching bag, be mean to Sims, etc.
Earn the Fertile trait, have at least one set of twins or triplets
Do not celebrate any holidays (S), they're for sentimental weaklings!
But always partake in the Neighbourhood Brawl

Generation XI: The Warlock (Fig)

"Warlocks are seekers of the knowledge that lies hidden in the fabric of the multiverse. Through pacts made with mysterious beings of supernatural power, warlocks unlock magical effects both subtle and spectacular. Drawing on the ancient knowledge of beings such as fey nobles, demons, devils, hags, and alien entities of the Far Realm, warlocks piece together arcane secrets to bolster their own power." - The Player's Handbook

You are shown the harsh realities of life from a young age, and that turns you down a dark path: Vamprism. A pact with these ancient beings will surely help you cope with the cold truths of existence, or so you are easily lead to believe. Nothing is ever that simple though, is it? You become interested in the finer things in life, but don't particularly want to have to work for them.

Traits: Gloomy, Lazy and Hates Children
Aspiration: Master Vampire, Good Vampire or Vampire Family, you choose your path!
Career: Business (Investor branch)

Goals:
Max the vampire lore and pipe organ skills
You must be turned into a vampire, not born one
Fall in love and have your offspring with a mortal, no matter which vampire path you choose
Earn the Professional Slacker trait
All your children must be a result of risky woohoo (if you don’t use any mods, story tell this goal)!

Generation XII: The Fighter (Toffee)

"Perhaps the most diverse class of characters in the worlds of Dungeons and Dragons. Questing knights, conquering overlords, royal champions, elite foot soldiers, hardened mercenaries, and bandit kings—as fighters, they all share an unparalleled mastery with weapons and armor, and a thorough knowledge of the skills of combat. And they are well acquainted with death, both meting it out and staring it defiantly in the face." - The Player's Handbook

You have no interest in the occult, you are a Sim of many talents and you see no need for fangs or magic. Instead, you turn to obsessively collecting an arsenal of skills, and finding ways to be your best self without looking to your ancestors for help. You are at the finish line of a gruelling legacy, and this is your time.

Traits: Mean, Ambitious and Childish
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
Career: Politician (Politician branch)

Goals:
Max any four skills of your choice
Earn the Savant trait
Build your home from the ground up
Change all of your outfits up every season, fighters are always dressed appropriately
Have a romantic relationship with Sims tied to each skill you choose to max out. They could all be separate, at the same time, or even polyamorous! You decide!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 11:50 PM
Apparently there's an issue with people being able to reply to this thread? Just a heads up!
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 9:57 PM
Default I May Be In
This looks like the ultimate challenge!! I love it! I may do it, as I have been looking for something to do on my new You Tube channel. How long should the lifespan be? I tend to always have my game play on the long, but I think that is probably too long for a challenge like this. Or maybe just having aging off and age job coming up with such a challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by staralien7
This looks like the ultimate challenge!! I love it! I may do it, as I have been looking for something to do on my new You Tube channel. How long should the lifespan be? I tend to always have my game play on the long, but I think that is probably too long for a challenge like this. Or maybe just having aging off and age job coming up with such a challenge.

Hey, thank you so much for the kind words! I think the lifespan is totally up to preference. I always play on normal, but this challenge is super flexible! Please throw me a link if you do play the challenge, I'd love to see it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 2:33 AM
This looks like fun. I'm needing something new to do, so this is it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Lerlila : 15th Mar 2020 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Update
This looks really fun! Just made my founder..starting this tonight!

Edit: I regret everything. My sim had triplets
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divia
This looks like fun. I'm needing something new to do, so this is it.

Glad you think the challenge looks fun! Let me know how you get on!

Quote: Originally posted by Lerlila
This looks really fun! Just made my founder..starting this tonight!

Edit: I regret everything. My sim had triplets

Oh awesome! I hope your challenge is going well! ...Besides the triplets, of course.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 8:47 PM
restarted due to major glitching issues. Since fixed them but i needed to delete the save to do it

Meet my Bard, Lenora!

I wanna write a wee story while im doing it, where do people upload their stories nowadays?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerlila
restarted due to major glitching issues. Since fixed them but i needed to delete the save to do it

Meet my Bard, Lenora!

I wanna write a wee story while im doing it, where do people upload their stories nowadays?

Oh she's so pretty! I'd love to read your story if you do decide to post!

I do all of my storytelling and posting on Tumblr! There's a thriving Sims community there, if you're interested.