Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 1:28 AM
Default Performing Arts Bimonthly Theme

Hello Fellow Simmers!

MTS is proud to announce that we are bringing back themes! As of June 1, 2017 we are starting a series of new themes, each lasting for 2 months.
There will be a special extended one that lasts over the holidays however, only to begin anew in January of next year.

After much heated debate (actually we took a poll) we decided on Performing Arts for the first one. Of course, the gigantic banner up above is probably a good clue which one won

Build a theater, create an instrument, make a costume, be creative in a multitude of ways! We look forward to seeing what the community comes up with
Be sure to put #themeperformingarts in your hash tags though, and mention that any uploads are part of the new theme so we don't miss any!

As usual, contributors will receive a shiny new Achievement Sticker for their collections
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 2:18 AM
*Wonders about maybe finishing up the theatre from my university campus and posting that to get in on this contest / get feedback from the larger community on the styles I'm using for that project...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:09 AM
This is wonderful news! I was just getting into creating and participating in these when they were pulled and was so bummed. Humongous thanks, mods and site staff, for bringing back themes! As a creator I enjoy how they inspire projects I might not otherwise have planned, and as a downloader I love the great goodies they bring! Cheers, and thanks again! (^_^)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:12 AM
I'm sure I could think of something......
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 8:14 AM Last edited by InLovewithRed : 1st Jun 2017 at 8:40 AM.
Awesome!! I cannot wait to get started!
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:16 AM
Sounds interesting.....looking forward to trying this out.
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:28 AM
I'm glad to see the themes back. I haz ideas...

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:18 PM
ooooo - I'm sure I can think of something.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 4:27 PM
Oh! Oh! Oooooh! YAY!!! I can't wait

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM
@Delphy would you mind putting the banner in the first post of this thread across the site please?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:24 PM
Does a TV studio qualify as a venue for the performing of an art?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:56 PM
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 6:05 PM
Great, I'll get right on it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 6:55 PM
As an aspiring singer/Broadway actress myself, this excites the hell out of me! Can't wait to get started!

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 3:23 PM
Oooh. Someone please do a woodwind instrument! You'd win for sure, at least for me. Lol.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 7:05 PM
Yes, this is so cool! And a great opportunity for me to finally finish the Kabuki theater I started building AGES ago! :D
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:28 PM
Wonderful idea ! I wouldn't have enought time to participate if it was one month long only. And the theme is great too. Thanks !

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 12:40 AM
I know I won't be able to contribute anything (because I'm not good at making things) but its good to see themes again.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by badusername2000
I know I won't be able to contribute anything (because I'm not good at making things) but its good to see themes again.

Especially if there's a theme you like, and a content creator you like decides to make new CC based around it. Like that one time the monthly theme was Chuck Norris. Obviously I'll have to pitch in with ideas:

- the future (in a Into The Future sort of way)
- the past (in a 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff sort of way)
- Chuck Norris's colleagues (in an 80s action movie sort of way, and I'd pitch in the building from Die Hard)

insert signature here
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 12:06 AM
These themes not only inspire creativity, but teamwork too! @gdayars and I (justJones) have started a mod team because of it :P
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:20 PM
Oh a whole 2 months? Awesome, I'll actually have time to make something after getting a new laptop, yes!

Of course I'll have to figure out what to make, plus see how busy my social life is. :P

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Instructor
#22 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 8:05 PM
Ohh how come I didn't notice this earlier? I have an awesome idea!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 3:17 PM
I'm building a venue that includes space for performing, but where performing is not the focus of it all - a large park with a bandstand to be exact. Would that fall under the theme or not?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM
Am not sure. It would depend on what percentage of the lot was theme based probably
Tartan McBadgerface
#25 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:30 AM
Great I have some CC that I might be able to adapt to this!
Page 1 of 2