Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:30 PM
Default MTS wants you! Yes, you!

MTS always has tasks that need to be done and, as a site run completely by volunteers we always need talented and dedicated people keeping everything running. We're holding a recruitment drive over the summer to bring on some fresh faces for a fresh role!

Helping hands
We're looking to do things differently than in the past, from the ground up, in order to make it easier for new staff members to learn the ropes. With this in mind we are implementing a new staff position called Queue Helper. Queue helpers will be staff members who are trained to specialize in one aspect of upload moderation, like screenshots, rather than having to cover everything.

If you've ever been curious about being a moderator but been intimidated by how many different areas you'd need to know, this may be a good opportunity for you to dip your toe in and see whether you like it here. And once you are settled in as a queue helper, there will be opportunities available to progress to being a full moderator.

Open arms
Our application and hiring process is going to be different this time too. We're looking to bring on more people than in the past, and be less stringent during the initial phases of training. We're hoping this will let us get to know you better, get to know your strengths as a staff member, before we have to make any big hiring decisions. Rest assured, this won't impact the quality of moderation at all, as trainees will still be supervised by experienced staff members.

We will leave applications open, and start looking through them after a month or so. Applicants who look promising will be asked to attend a couple of orientation workshops in Discord to assess further whether they'll be a good fit. After that, we will begin training.

Requirements
We have very few firm requirements, but a few things will really help:
  • Regular time available in the afternoon/evening (western Europe) aka morning/afternoon (eastern North America). You don't need to actually be in those areas, just have availability during the equivalent hours
  • Strong English-language skills. We don't require perfection, but a comfortable command of the language is strongly preferred
  • Positive attitude and good teamwork skills

How to apply
In order to apply as a queue helper the biggest step is to fill out our application form. The form should only take 5-10 minutes, and just gathers basic info about your experiences with Simming.

If you need more info or you're not sure, we will be holding a live information session in our Discord server on Saturday, June 15 at 5 p.m. CEST / 11 a.m. EDT (time zone converter). This session is open to everyone, regardless of whether you've formally applied yet, and will offer a chance to ask questions to our admin and senior staff team, plus a short demonstration showing the process of moderating a MTS upload. Alternately, you can also post any questions about the process in this thread.

I don't want to moderate uploads but I still want to help
We have other things that need to be done too! Particularly with our community events team. If you're interested, fill out our general application form. It's like the queue helper application but more general! If you don't even know what you want to do but you want to do something, feel free to apply, and we'll do our best to place you if possible.

Last but not least

Please keep this thread free of off-topic chatter, so it's easier to see and respond to questions, comments, concerns etc. "Off-topic chatter" includes things like "ooh maybe I'll apply!" that don't require a response. If you want to chat about it but don't need a response, may I suggest the general channel of our Discord server?

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:35 PM
I'm always here if you need someone with the keen eye and the observational skills to reject every upload by default.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:15 AM
How many people will be "hired" for these positions? And what are the priorities when choosing?
Also, you guys could, instead of massive testing and training, periodically pick and call a few more intriguing applications. That way it won't overload anything or anyone just an idea.
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 1:45 AM
First I thought 'why not?'. Then I saw 'positive attitude' as a requirement.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 1:55 AM
Sure. I'll moderate your uploads. I'll moderate the shit outta 'em.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:36 PM
@GalaxyVic - For how many people will be brought on and our priorities, the only answer I can really give is "we'll see based on the applications we get". We don't have a set number of slots, and once we fill those slots we won't let in anyone else even if they're good. We also don't have a quota we have to fill. Honestly, we're putting feelers out. We're seeing who's interested and what they have to offer. From there we're having a lot of discussions amongst the senior staff to see how we feel about the applications.

And yes, part of our long-term hiring plan is to more or less always have open applications, rather than a short period each year. However, we have to get things started somehow!

simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 4:17 PM
My English usage is excellent; my spelling is correctable. My reputation might be an issue...???

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 7:13 PM
So. Would I be eligible?
Tartan McBadgerface
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 7:53 PM
@grammapat I'm not aware of any bad reputation, but I don't really have eyes and ears everywhere (or fingerprints in all the pies) If you want to apply, go for it

@mustluvcatz if you've got the time to spare and want to mod again, by all means apply and we can have a look

If you think you've got something to bring to the team, please apply and we'll check it out. The worst that can be said is no!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 3:32 AM
Since I've never uploaded anything, maybe I don't have enough experience with issues there. But since I don't know what the job entails, I filled out the Application form. Should I also fill out the General Application form?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 2:28 PM
The best reason to elect me to the position of President of Acquisitions and Resource Management (so I can put it on my resume) is that people will spend considerably more time on their uploads just so they can avoid me and my executive opinion.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 6:38 PM
@grammapat - One application is enough for now, we'll make a note that you may be looking for roles other than queue helper as well.

All of the rest of you jokers who decided to gleefully disregard my request in the first post-

simblr
Alchemist
#13 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
The best reason to elect me to the position of President of Acquisitions and Resource Management (so I can put it on my resume) is that people will spend considerably more time on their uploads just so they can avoid me and my executive opinion.

A reason to send all my shitty homes to the queue and bypass the better ones.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#14 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 1:33 PM
I'm not entirely sure if I want to do this or not, but it could help me become a little more responsible. I'm more or less always on after school, or nearly all day at weekends. English is my native language and I always try my best to sound formal and prevent typos. I guess I could say I'm really friendly and positive, although my facial structure says the opposite, but no one will see that

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 2:28 PM
Yeah....I'm sure that if R.B.F's could kill, this entire community would be a graveyard.

insert signature here
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 2:20 AM
Alrighty, I applied as a queue helper.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 4:03 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone who has applied so far, your volunteering spirit is very much appreciated! We're continuing to accept applications, so if you haven't yet don't feel shy. We've begun looking over some of the applications but we're going to hold off on inviting people for another couple of weeks, probably, so we can get a full sense of who's interested. If anyone has any questions about the process or just wants to introduce themselves to the moderator team (it does make a good first impression ) don't forget to check out our info session this Saturday (the 15th)!

A quick note, to the applicants who listed their username as "George.English1" and "BRT", we cannot find your MTS profiles searching those names. If you're serious about applying please comment on this thread so we can discover the identity of our secret admirers!

ETA: "mandalicious" we need you to come forward too! We'd hate to set aside any genuine applications just because we couldn't find your profile.

simblr
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 1:52 AM
I applied, though I'm not 100% sure if it went through. I had some internet trouble that day and was not sure if it worked or not. Is there some way I can Check?
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 2:48 PM
@DarthVaderRevan - I checked and can confirm that we received your application! If anyone else is unsure please let us know and we can look for you in the responses.

simblr
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 7:29 PM
To answer a question from one, possible more (look I'm occasionally forgetful) application, we will be starting to make final decisions about who to ask forward around the end of the month.

To the person who put into the username field "Est daylight time"

Give us a shout with your username and then we'll be able to process your application!

simblr
Scholar
#21 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 8:37 AM
Thanks for that. I didn't recall seeing anything about the finalizing time so thats why I asked.
I'll admit that I have caused offensive to others here in the past due to my views and behaviour thus am unsure of what that may mean.

Can't wait to start deleting my own posts for double posting. :-)
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 8:09 PM
i wanna help as well i been playing sims since come out i'd love helping you guys/gals
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 4:26 AM
I submitted my application.
Instructor
#24 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:18 PM
Only saw this earlier today - Hope I'm not too late with an application.
I'm looking to move more behind the scenes than create so much these days so this would be perfect.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 2:47 PM
Hi folks, firstly I wanted to thank everyone who has applied! Your enthusiasm for helping out the site is truly inspiring, and we appreciate every one of you. We have had time to look over the applications and right now we have sent out PMs to people we were interested in moving forward at this time.

For those not PM'd this time around, I'd like to give you an extra thanks for your volunteering spirit. One thing I wanted to mention is we had quite a few applications from people who were very new members (applied within a few days of joining) and also those who had few or no posts on site. For these folks, I would really encourage you to get involved with the site a bit more in a non-staff capacity. Post on the forums, offer some thoughts in Creator Feedback, upload some stuff, get out there a little! Being active on the site really helps us see who you are as a person, and shows off your interest in being here. Remember, just because we have gone with different people this time, doesn't mean you can't apply again later.

simblr
Page 1 of 2