Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.02: Rejection
Back to: Take Care (Teenage Drama) Next: Take Care 1.03: And So It Begins

As soon as the bell rang, Mimi swooped up and headed straight for the door with Jenny right on her tail. She couldn't take another minute in that class with Anthony sitting right behind her. Not to mention the fact he would be the entire year.

Just as Anthony began to walk out the door, Kyle stopped him in his tracks to confront him.

“ Okay dude stop right there”, said Kyle blocking Anthony’s path to the exit.

“ What's up?” Anthony asked confused.

“ What's up? What's up is that you were staring at Mimi the entire lecture”, Kyle said.

“ Sooo...?” Anthony said trailing off.

“ So why didn't you like tap her shoulder, say hi, or introduce yourself or something?!” Kyle asked.

Anthony may not have looked the part but he was a pretty shy guy when it came to talking to girls and he wouldn't know how to even start a conversation.

“ Kyle you know why I haven't had a girlfriend before, so stop it” said Anthony getting irritated.

“ You shouldn't let what happened hold you back from having a life Ant”, Kyle said skeptically.

“ Oh really? Try coming home everyday to an alcoholic, depressed mother you have to take care of and baby sit a little brother whenever she goes missing then come talk to me!” Anthony said shouting and then he stormed out the classroom.

Kyle didn’t realize how affected he still was. After all this time he thought he was doing just fine.

Anthony's father, Charlie was a down right good photographer. He loved taking pictures anywhere. Sometimes even in sticky situations he would take a chance on anything. Anthony and his father were inseparable when it came to Anthony's sports. He helped Anthony with everything when it came to sports. He even gave him a lesson in a little bit of photography as a kid growing up.

But what Anthony didn't know was when his father would be taken away from him six years ago. Be taken away by a drunken taxi driver that shouldn't have been driving. That should've been watching the rode.

Every little bit of Anthony changed since that day his father died. He knew he had to become the man of the house and be responsible, so he helped at home any time he was free. And it stripped away some of his opportunities to be a teenager.

Just as Kyle left the classroom he spotted Jenny and Mimi chatting in front of the classroom door and managed to hear a part of their conversation...

“ Why did you run out so fast? What are you scared of him?” Jenny asked.

“ I am –“ Mimi said but then Kyle butted into the conversation.

“ Scared of what, if I may ask?” said Kyle all nosy.

Jenny shut her mouth so fast and could see the look on Mimi's face saying she wanted to punch her.

“ Can I talk to you for a minute...Mimi?” asked Kyle.

“ Okay?” Mimi said awkwardly.

“ I'll go to my locker. Bye!” said Jenny and in a flash she was gone.

Mimi was sort of confused as to why Kyle Sanchez would want to chat with her. Especially, after being in his class every year since middle school, he now wants to talk to her?

And just from across the hallway, Monica Lopez couldn't help but notice the two were to talking to each other.

“ Hey who's that girl talking to Kyle?” Monica Perez asked.

Taylor turned her head so quick to see what Monica was watching.
“ I don't know, but I love the bag but hate her. Let's walk up to her after they are done”, said Taylor Batchet
She continued to watch them like a hawk looking at its prey.

“ So what's up with new look?” Kyle asked.

“What? Did you want to talk to me about my look or something? I mean. Do you hate it? Because I think I look fine,” said Mimi as she spun words out her mouth like a tornado.
Mimi had zero experience with boys. She was too busy with her head in the books to even notice them.

“ Whoooa! Come down there tiger. What is this twenty questions?” Kyle asked playfully. He was such an outgoing guy and said anything that came to his mind. But he was known as the school’s “biggest flirt”.
Mimi blushed and felt like an idiot.

“ I was kidding. You look good. As a matter of fact you look really good, wanna date?

Mimi didn't know if he were kidding or not but she would still would say no, he wasn't her Anthony.

She turned her back on him and walked away.
“ No thanks”, she said walking away with her nose in the air.

Kyle couldn't help but stare at her. It was actually the first he had ever been rejected by anyone. He was kind of...confused.
He couldn't help but think to himself while walking away how interesting it felt to be rejected and "that's a first."

And so the march of the preps began as Taylor's little clique stormed down the hallway walking towards Mimi.

Click Next: Take Care 1.03: And So It Begins to continue...

Back to: Take Care (Teenage Drama) Next: Take Care 1.03: And So It Begins

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.