Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.03: And So It Begins
Back to: Take Care 1.02: Rejection Next: Take Care 1.2: Practice Makes Perfect (Part 1)

Taylor and her clique approached Mimi slowly as she was walking away from Kyle.

As Taylor walked up to her, she knew who the girl was. It was Mimi, her ex of a best friend.

“ Omg! Like Mimi?” Taylor said in her preppy voice laughing. She remembered the way Mimi looked before, and she was one nerdy girl.

“ Is there a reason that you and your posse are in my face right now?

“ What's a posse?” Sophie asked.
Monica elbowed her twin sister.
“What?” Sophie said confused.
Taylor rolled her eyes at Sophie’s stupidity. The twins were like “Tweedledee and Tweedledum”.

“ Mimi, did you decide to wake up today and watch "The Devil Wears Prada” or something?” Taylor said making fun of Mimi. Taylor and her clique began to laugh at her. They began to make her feel uncomfortable in her new shoes.

Jenny and Asia could spot them attacking Mimi from her locker, so they walked over there.

“Is there a problem here Taylor?” Jenny asked bothered. Jenny was a tough girl in middle school. She would get in fights time to time. Mimi thought it was a way of getting her parents attention since Jenny's parents got divorced.

“ Nope, not here at all”, Taylor said still quite laughing at Mimi's new look.

“ Well scram blondy before I knock that smirk off your face!” said Jenny knuckling up.

Taylor got serious and quit laughing then said,” Or what? Are you going to punch me to get mommy and daddy's attention again?”

Mimi got mad and said,” Okay you took that too far Taylor! What's your problem? Why are you talking me anyways?”

“ I really don't know anymore. But I want the last five minutes of my life back you nerd”, said Taylor checking at her manicure.

“ Okay that's it! Let me at her!” said Jenny literally about to swoop over Mimi’s head.
Mimi held Jenny back. Any fights today and somebody would get suspended. But holding Jenny back just made things worse. Everyone started fighting with their words. And the hallway was getting louder and louder to the point where a couple teachers ran to the principles office to alert him.

“What's wrong with you?! We used to be friends”, Mimi said to Taylor.
“People grow up Mimi! Nice to know you've finally done the same”, said Taylor.

“ Was I talking to you Monica?! No, I wasn't,” said Jenny as she put her hand in Monica’s face.
“ Get your hand out of my sister's face emo girl!” Sophie yelled.

“ Mind your own business!” said Asia.
“ You mind your own business, Hawaiian girl!” said Monica.
“ D-U-M-B, do you know what that spells? I honestly don’t think you do”, said Asia.

Then appeared the principal, right behind Jenny. Standing waiting for them quiet down but they never did.

“ Taylor, you are such a bi-“ said Mimi.
“ Why I ought a – “ said Jenny.
“ Shut the f-“ said Monica.
Principal Bobo caught them off.
“ Everyone shut your mouths!” yelled Mr. Bobo.

The girls were speechless. Mr. Bobo's voice left a ringing in their ears for how loud he shouted.

“ It is the first day of school and my hallways are loud, I don't like loud hallways! So either you girls make up right now or its detention before and after school for a month!” Mr. Bobo said angrily staring them down.

Nobody had the guts to say or do anything, so Mimi held out her hand first.
“ Well Taylor...are we cool?” Mimi said holding out her hand.

Taylor stood there staring at her thinking to herself, "Maybe if we get detention for a month she'll stay away from Kyle."

“ You can put your hand away, cause I'm not shaking it. I'll take the detention”, said Taylor.

“ Okay Taylor you'll get detention, but for everyone else this is a warning”, Mr. Bobo said.

“ What?! Why am I the only one to get detention?” Taylor asked.

“ You spoke for yourself, not them. End of discussion and get out of my hallway,” said Principal Bobo walking away.
And so did Mimi and her friends away laughing.

“” I'm starving! Somebody feed me”, said Flint.

“Your such a big baby”, Dylan said laughing as they walked in the cafeteria behind Kyle.

It was finally lunchtime and everyone was on their way starving, to the school cafeteria.

“ Why didn't you two idiots back me up back there?” asked Taylor.

“ I have better things to do than waste an hour before and after school sitting at some desk just because you want to”, said Monica.

“ Yah, it takes more than an hour to look this good before school Taylor”, Sophie added.

“ Twins...”, said Taylor grunting.

“ Do you know why she approached the way she did?” Asia asked.

“ That's what I'm still trying to figure out”, said Mimi.

“Well maybe the witch is just jealous that she's not the only pretty one in this school anymore”, Jenny said. She hated Taylor.

“So Dylan did you hear?” Athnony said pausing for Dylan say something.

“ Hear what?” Dylan asked.

“ Kyle got dished by some girl in the hallway earlier”, said Athnony grinning.
Dylan joined him. The hallways weren't exactly a safe heaven where you could chat and expect know one to hear your conversation.

“ Dude and I thought every girl fell for impeccable charm”, Dylan added cracking up laughing even more.

Kyle got annoyed, so he got up without saying a word and walked away.

“ What I say?” asked Dylan.

“ You're such a douche”, Anthony said laughing at Dylan's silliness. Dylan had a habit at saying things at the wrong time almost all the time.

The bell rang to end the lunch period. And Flint got up so quickly to run out the door and catch up to Kyle.

“ Gosh! Why are you in a hurry?” said Athony as Flint brushed past him so quickly.

“ Kyle has my schedule! “ Flint said from a far.

“ Careless as ever”, said Dylan.

After lunch Mimi and her friends walked to help Asia find her locker.

“ I am so tired. These AP classes are going to be the death of me”, said Asia at her locker.

“ I'm telling you, you need to buck up to your parents and tell them to take it easy on you”, Jenny said.

“ Yah, Jenny's right. I bet they aren’t even touching your brother’s college courses!”, said Mimi.

“ I know you guys, but I'm not the type to push and shove. I'm just grateful”, Asia said.

As they lost track of time in their conversation, the warning bell rang and they had one minute to get to class or they'd be tardy.

Jenny ran like no tomorrow since her class was in another corridor of the school.

Just as Dylan was walking to his class like usual minding his own business...

Boom
Jenny ran right into him turning the corner without noticing him.

She collapsed on top of her notebook spilling paper.

“ Ouch! You wanna watch where you're going?!” Jenny said fuming at Dylan as he laid on the floor staring at her.

“ Don't you think that's pretty harsh since you're the one who ran into me?
He said cracking a smile at her, maybe even a wink.

“ Are you kidding?..Hey are you winking at me?” Jenny asked looking at him disgruntled. She rubbed her butt that had fallen hard onto the floor.

“ Nooo, my eye's tend to twitch” lied Dylan.

“ Whatever sure, now I'm going to be late for class”, said Jenny picking up her things.

“ Let me get your paper”, Dylan said.
Dylan picked up the paper and saw that it wasn't blank but had a couple phrases written onto it. He couldn't pick up if they were lyrics or poems or maybe even a story. But they were good, really good.

Jenny cleared her throat to get his attention and said,” Are you gonna give me back my paper or do I need to snatch it?”

“ Oh sorry”, said Dylan giving her back the paper, “Was that a poem or lyrics, cause they were great?”

Jenny looked at him pretty shocked. She never shared her journal with anyone. She would write what she felt in her journal whether it were sentences or maybe poems. But she never shared it.

Jenny walked away since she was already late for class and said, “That's for me to know and you to find out”.

“Then I guess I'll find out, now won't I!” Dylan said smiling as she continued walking away.

He thought to himself, "Oh, I'll find out."

To Be Continued...

What an interesting first day of school don't you think?
New appearances, flirts thrown here and there, and not mention the tiny catfight.

Click Next: Take Care 1.2: Practice Makes Perfect (Part 1) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.02: Rejection Next: Take Care 1.2: Practice Makes Perfect (Part 1)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.