Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.2: Practice Makes Perfect (Part 3)
Back to: Take Care 1.2: Practice Makes Perfect (Part 2) Next: Take Care 1.3: The Audtions (Part 1)

Later on that day, Jenny pulled up in front of the Stewart's driveway. She would've parked exactly in the driveway, but it was currently being occupied by a big piece of rubble. So she planted her Jeep on the curve.

But then her mind twisted in the thought of revealing her journal for the first time with another person, so she quickly made a u-turn toward her Jeep, but a noise stopped her from walking away.

The garage door was opening as Kyle stood behind it as if he were waiting for to appear the entire time.

"Hey the band is in here!" Kyle yelled as Jenny had her back to him.

"Oh, my bad", said Jenny making another u-turn and walking inside the garage when what she really wanted to say was, "I knew that dummy!"

The band was rocking out and they sounded great. Jenny wondered why they never performed anywhere, and while observing them she had realized they were missing a voice, and that totally answered her question.

Then she heard the guitar come to a halt as Dylan put it down to welcome Jenny.

"Hey, you made it", said Dylan pretty surprised that she actually appeared at his place.

"What you didn't think I'd show? I tend to keep my word f.y.i", replied Jenny. "And I notice you don't have a vocalist", Jenny added.

"Yah, I know. We plan to get once we get our own lyrics together first and that's why I asked if I could check out your journal again", said Dylan.

Now Jenny finally knew what of use her journal had to any of this.

"Wait you want to just take my journal and use MY words?" Jenny was pretty serious about the way Dylan wanted to use her journal.

"Whoa whoa whoa, no. I want to see your journal and if you want to be our band's songwriter?", replied Dylan quickly waiting for an answer.

Jenny a songwriter? She certainly wasn't expecting that answer but if putting her own words out there for people to hear would benefit her and others, she'd do it.

"Well then let's get started", she said with a soothing smile.

They coursed through her pages and looked for the right words that matched the band and who they were as a group.

Hours had passed as tried to make music out of some of the pages. And then finally, they produced their first song and just hopefully that song would be good enough for the crowd.

"You know Jenny, you should come back later so we can start another song from scratch together", said Dylan as he played his keyboard.

"Okay, just let me know", she replied sitting in the chair watching as he played their new song.

"And maybe also go out to dinner", Dylan added in. Was he asking her out on a date?

"Yah sure", Jenny said calmly answering Dylan.

After composing they decided to take break and chill on the crappy old furniture that was in the garage.

"Now we need a vocalist", said Dylan glaring at Kyle and then back at the ground. Kyle grunted at him giving him an obvious facial expression "No Way".

"Yah, so how are we going to find this vocalist?" asked Jenny curiously.

"I don't know but I'm starving, you guys want to go out for dinner?" Flint asked.

"Shut up Flint!" everyone shouted at Flint laughing.

"What did I do?!" said Flint, the hungry one.

"Guys, I got an idea!" Anthony said, as if a light bulb went off in his head.

"What?" everyone said at the same time.

"And so this is your idea, have the entire school know we are looking for a vocalist?", Dylan asked Anthony.

"Yup", Anthony said all cheeky as he waited for someone to walk in.

"Let the auditions begin!" Jenny shouted as her voice echoed through the school auditorium.

You heard Jenny. Let the Auditions begin!
Who will be the band's lead singer?

Click Next: Take Care 1.3: The Audtions (Part 1) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.2: Practice Makes Perfect (Part 2) Next: Take Care 1.3: The Audtions (Part 1)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.