Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 1)
Back to: Take Care 1.5: Never Again (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 2)
Take Care 1.6: Homecoming
Hey people, I know it's been a while but I've been busy and my computer was being silly. But anyways here's chapter 6. Have fun!

Theme Song: The All-American Rejects "Dance Inside"

Asia's father pulled over in front of Spoto High School. He unraveled his seat belt and place his arm on the back Asia's seat and looked her directly in the eyes. He was calm and composed on the car ride there but was still angry with her.

"Today, all I ask is that you focus on your schoolwork and not and any boys", Lee said.
"Yes, dad", Asia said obediently. She was never the type of girl to go against what her father says to her. She always did her schoolwork and studied after school for hours. But Lately, her father has been realizing her slack.
"Okay...have a nice day", Lee said unlocking the door.
"Bye", Asia softly as she got out the car.

Just when Asia crossed over the other side of the car, she saw Flint waiting there as usual. It had been that way since last week when they began dating.
"Hey Asia!" Flint said happily as he saw his girlfriend. He was always so cheerful.
"Hey! Didn't I text you to wait inside for me?" Asia said because she knowingly knew her father was definitely staring at her back right now.
"Oh yeah...crap sorry. I just couldn't wait to see you".

Asia's father honked the horn a couple times waving at her to get away from Flint and glared at her through the smart car window.
"That child", Lee said angrily.
He would've gotten out of the car but he was backing up the road sitting there, so he drove home.

"See! This is why I wanted you to wait inside for me. Now I have to go home and hear his mouth again", Asia said frantically. She hated being criticized for every little thing she did wrong. So she tried to do everything right.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll listen next time".

"You better be sorry! And where were you last night? I was calling you and you didn't answer", Asia asked question after question.

Flint didn't answer, he was too busy staring at the limousine that had just pulled up in front and the one person that got out of it.
"Hello? Flint?" Asia snapped her fingers at him.

Flint surprisingly kissed Asia on the cheek and ran away as if his life depended on it.
"Sorry Asia! But I gotta run!" Flint yelled as he ran into the school building.
"How dare you kiss a girl and run away!" Asia yelled back.

She made him walk into the school entrance tugging his arm against his will. He felt a discomfort as he knew about the things he was about to face once he entered the school with her on his arm.

"Oh my god, Sophie text everyone a picture of this fast", Monica said as she stood next to her twin sister.
Sophie quickly scrimmaged through her purse to try and find her cell phone. This was definitely going to be the talk of the day. And gossip was just within a click of button.

"Mimi, when are you going to quit dawdling with your fingers over and over again?" Jenny asked me.
"Shut up, I can't help that it I'm nervous", I said.
"Why are you so nervous?"
"Because. I want to ask Kyle...if we're dating", I began picnicking with my fingers again.
"You're so shy why don't you just ask him", Jenny laughed.
"Because! Even though he said he likes me, he didn't say that I'm his girlfriend".
"Well since he already kissed you and said that he likes you, you technically are his girlfriend stupid", Jenny said.
I felt a little bit relieved, but I wanted to hear those words from his own mouth.

"What do you think Jenny?... Jenny?" I asked.
I continued to talk but then Jenny suddenly stopped walking. What's with her? She always does this now.
"Okay. I'm prepared. Where is he?" Jenny thought to herself.

"Eh-!", Jenny jumped as Dylan sneaked up on her again. If he keeps at it, she might have a heart attack one day. "I knew it", Jenny thought to herself.
"Jenny!" Were you waiting for me? Maybe I should sneak up on you somewhere else", Dylan said laughing as he petted his girlfriend's hair. "Hey Mimi!" Dylan said all cheeky.
"Morning Dylan", I said smiling back as I watched Jenny become a pet.

Dylan turned his head to Anthony who stood behind him and then smiled.
"Damn Anthony. She just totally ignored you, maybe you are my shadow" Dylan said.
"Shut up", Anthony said. He sounded pissed.
"See what happens when you don't learn to greet girls. You don't get a "good morning" from Mimi", Dylan said.
I guess he was joking around. It's not that I didn't want to greet Anthony, it's just that I didn't know how either. Anthony does seem to keep to himself a lot. I wonder if he's always like that.

"Whatever. And dude, will you knock it off, and quit petting Jenny's head. She's not a dog", Anthony said. I think he felt kind of embarrassed for the fact that Dylan said that.
"What are you talking about? She loves it", Dylan said as he continued.
"No I don't, you're messing up my hair!" Jenny said. "Damn it. It does feel good".
"But your hair was already messy". He hit the hammer on the nail. "And where's Kyle? he should've been here first".

Yeah, where is that pervert?

"Gosh, I should've totally skipped today and went to the beach", Hailey said.
"Why are you so obsessed with the beach?" asked Miranda.
"What do you mean "why"? Hello? There's a lot of hot guys there".
"Hailey? Don't you have a boyfriend?" asked Fiona.
"So?"

(Ring Ring)
"Oh, I got a text from one of the twins. How random, what do they want?", Miranda said as she checked her phone.
"What is it Miranda?" Fiona asked as she looked at Miranda space off at her phone.

"That bitch!" Miranda screamed as she stormed out of the classroom.

(Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap)

(Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap)

(Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap)

"And I was like dude! That's not ketchup it's hot sauce!" Anthony said, telling us the funny thing that happened between him and Kyle a while ago. Anthony and Kyle sure are close friends. I wonder how long they've known each other for.
We were laughing as Flint ran up behind us shouting.
"Guys! I just saw Kyle get out of Taylor's limousine?"
"And I'm Obi Wan Kenobi" Anthony said sarcastically as I laughed.

"Wait...that kinda makes sense since Kyle isn't here early as usual", Dylan said.
"But Kyle hates that brat", Anthony said. He sounded annoyed at the thought of them together.
"Then why did he ride with her?" Flint asked.
"Let's not jump to conclusions maybe his car broke down", Dylan said.
I bet he didn't want to believe that Kyle would be with Taylor. Neither did I. I want to know. Now.

Then out of no where, Asia appeared.
"Hey Asia", I said to her.
"Hey...why did I just see Kyle walking with Taylor Batchet?" Asia asked.
"What?!" both Anthony and Dylan shouted.
"Yes! See I told you so!" Flint said all happy that no one was doubting him.
"You're an idiot", said Anthony.
"Calm down guys, let's just wait by the staircase. I'm sure he hasn't gotten up here yet", Jenny said.
Everyone followed behind Jenny to the top of the stairs. I bet they wanted to know just as much as I did.

"What..the...hell?" Jenny said as she pretended to smile at them.
"I'm going to kick him where it hurts", Dylan said.
My mouth dropped as I was speechless. Asia turned her head away, she didn't want to look anymore, plus Taylor's eyes were scary.
"See! see!" Flint shouted behind us.

Taylor and Kyle. Impossible. Everyone thought they were definitely done for. Sure thing they were a popular commodity, but Kyle hates Taylor's guts. Why would he want to be near the girl that treated him like a dog? Let alone let her hold his arm like that. As if they were together. I thought we were together.

Kyle looked at us with a dim expression. I've never seen him look like that before.

"Jenny are you seeing this too or am I dreaming? Please tell him I'm dreaming", Dylan said as he waved his hands around pinching himself.
"Sorry to tell...but you're not", Jenny said displeased.

Kyle looked a bit spooked. I bet he wasn't expecting us to be waiting there by the staircase for him, but we were worried. But we still are. What would make him withstand her? I thought he liked me, not her. Did I maybe hear him wrong?

"That bastard", Dylan said.
"I know. And after all the trouble we went through to get them together", Jenny whispered.
I saw Jenny and Dylan speaking quietly, but what about? But what's more important is why Kyle is with Taylor.

Kyle finally made a move and walked past us all. Ignoring we were even there. No one said a word to him. We just moved out of the way before we got stepped on. Kyle seemed like a robot right now and Taylor was the creator.

I felt like crap. I walked past and ignored my friends. I ignored Mimi, the one girl I wanted to see most out of today. All because she asked me to, Taylor. How is this happening? Oh yeah, this evil girl is blackmailing me.
"Whoa, what's up with this?" asked Nick.
"The power couple is back!", said Adam.
I hate these guys. They think they're the bomb because they all play sports. So do I, but I don't act like a king. Not anymore. I used to back when I dated Taylor, but I almost lost my friends because of my selfishness.

(Clack Clack Clack Clack)
Their heels stomped on the floor as if they were ripping the runway.

"Excuse us fellas", Miranda said.
"You are excused sexy", Adam said winking. What a dog.

God help me. It's Miranda. The girl who kept trying to steal me away from Taylor back when we used to go out. Don't tell me she's at it again. These guys are like carnivores, they stab each other in the back without giving a damn.
"Nice to see you're back with Taylor again, Kyle", Miranda smiled at me. "But I don't believe it at all. I heard you hated Taylor. So what does she have against you?"
Wow, she's good. It's as if she saw right through Taylor. Or as if she's Taylor's long lost sister.

"Miranda, are you doubting our relationship?" Taylor asked.
"Of course I am", Miranda smiled. "I know this isn't real. Why would Kyle go out with you again when he has a bunch of other girls throwing themselves at him? After all, he is the school playboy".
Is this really how they think of me? I feel like a piece of meat.

"Excuse me-" Taylor said.
"Look bitch, I know you're up to no good and I will knock you off your high horse. So look out", Miranda spat.
Holy crap. What just happened?

Taylor stood there staring at Miranda as she walked away. Everyone gawked at Taylor as she got told off. I bet she lost points for that. Being popular isn't easy. You have to keep an image and truly, her's just plummeted.
Miranda. She just might be my savior out of this mess. I mean I should dump Taylor in front of everyone and make her become a zero, but then she'll tell Anthony the way I feel about Mimi. And he'll definitely believe her because I went out with Taylor because of it. Damn, what was I thinking?

How? Tell me how?

Mimi looks sad. I bet she hates my guts and wishes to probably push me down the staircase. Maybe Taylor as well.

I wasn't thinking when I agreed to go out with Taylor at all. I forgot to think about Mimi's sake. We share some classes together and so I forgot. Hell, we even eat lunch together with our friends.

I can't concentrate at all. I'm sitting next to Mimi and I want to tell her everything that's going on with me and Taylor. But, Taylor sits in front of us and those evil twins of her's stick to me like glue. Even though it doesn't seem like it, they're watching my every move.

"I'm sorry", I whispered to myself.

Click Next: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 2) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.5: Never Again (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 2)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.