Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 4)
Back to: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 5)

(Chatter)

(Looks around)

"What are you looking for?" Dylan said all mopy.
"Kyle, where is he? He's the vocalist", Jenny said worried. A band on stage a without a singer is not what they needed right now.
"Who cares. That dipstick dumped me for a blonde bombshell. No offense", Dylan said.
"None taken", Jenny said. "And I'm a dirty blonde!"
"Oh yes you are", Dylan laughed.
"Haha", Jenny sarcastically laughed.

_________
Kyle

God I'm so sleepy. I knew I should've took nap before coming here. I better not tell Jenny or she'll freak out. At least I finished that song before I came here. Maybe I can get a quick power nap in right now.

(Door Slammed Open)
"Kyle!" Jenny screamed.
"Huh?" I mumbled. Okay, never mind about the power nap.
"There you are, next time tell us where you are. We weren't expecting you to be back here", Dylan said coldly. He's pissed. I can tell. He was like this when I went out with Taylor. Feeling betrayed. But I can't let him know the reason behind us being together to him, or them.
"Yeah, sorry. I thought I'd chill back here", I said.

(Click Clack)

"Hey, you! Service man that looks like he could use a Gillette, where's the band?" Taylor demanded.

"Right. Ms, I cannot tell you that", he said.
"Excuse me!" Taylor shouted. As she turned her head she saw them right through the looking glass. "Whatever!" She said as she walked towards the doors.
"Mam' you can't go back there! Members only", he said.
"I am a member!"

My smile disappeared off my face as I heard her heels stomp through the door.
"Kyle!" I hate the way Taylor shouts my name, it's so annoying.
"Ouch!" Jenny yelled because Taylor hit her with the door.

"You stupid witch! You don't just bust into a secluded room without knocking first!" Jenny said angrily as she rubbed her hand.
"Do I hear something? Nope, it must be the flies in this cheap place", Taylor spat.

"And you guys were wondering why I was back here. Well now you know", I said. Truth be told I was sitting back here so that I could hide away from that, Satin's long lost sister.

"Anyways, you're not suppose to be back here Taylor. This area is band members only", Jenny said.
"Save it Strawberry Shortcake. I didn't come back here for you." Taylor said.
"What did you just call me? Patches", Jenny snapped.

"Oh boy, cat fight", Anthony said.
"You-!" Taylor spun around about to smack the daylights out of Jenny. I grabbed her hand before it happened. Why did being called that suddenly tick Taylor off?
"You're always digging up graves Jennifer!"
"Well guess who's in one?" Jenny said.
Taylor became ferocious. She was about to claw her way through Jenny but I picked her up and tossed her outside the door. I can see where Taylor was coming from though. Sad to say, Jenny went too far. Taylor's father did just pass away last year.

"After seeing you two fight, I feel hungry", Flint said.
"Has anyone ever told you, that you have a huge appetite?" Jenny asked.
"No...why?"
"No reason Flint, no reason", they laughed.

"Hey Dill, I made a new song and I thinking we should play it", I said smiling.
"Okay, let me hear it first", Dylan said.
"Okay, here goes nothing".

________
Ten minutes later...

"No, we aren't playing that song".
"Oh come on".
"No."
"Dude I spent all day on it!"
"No,no,no,no,no,no".
(We now present Global Karma!)
"Grr! Fine", I said walking upstairs to the stage.
It was time for our band to go on stage, and I ran out of time trying to persuade Dylan to let me sing the song I wrote. He said it would stir up trouble, but I think that whoever doesn't know already won't find out what it really means.

"What was that about?" Jenny said walking over. She heard them quarreling for the past few minutes.
"Oh, that was nothing. He just wanted to add another song to the playlist but I said no", said Dylan.
"Don't be mean", Jenny said.
"I had a very good reason, trust me", Dylan said as he gripped her tighter.
"Well, luck out there!"

The time flew by and before I knew it, we were on the last song for tonight. I want to sing the new song I wrote badly but I'll be dealt with by Dylan later if I screw our composure. Should I really ignore this urge?

Don't you make a move tonight
You can only stagger
Once shes got you in her sight
You're the one shes after

Not to mention the fact that Mimi danced right dead center in front of me the entire night. Out of all the space in the renovated room, why in front of me? Why not Anthony? Is she trying to make me uneasy so that I screw up? Without knowing I had been looking at her the entire time it seems, but she ignored my presence. I'm sure she hates me and that she's stuck in front of me because it's too crowded to move anywhere else.

Shes the blade and you're just paper
You're afraid cause shes got closer
You're back-steppin and she's back-stabbing everything in your life

If I didn't know any better, I would've thought that Jenny was signaling me to smile some more. But how could I smile right now? They all keep spinning in my head. Mimi, Dylan, Taylor....everyone. Everyone wants something from me that I can't give to them right now.

She stole everything your heart desired
Now you want it back
Now you want it back

When I looked up. I saw her smiling face...once again. How can she still smile at me all the time? Didn't I hurt her feelings? If it were me, I would've smacked myself a couple times until I felt better. Mimi is too nice to me. Please stop smiling at me. I don't deserve it...Anthony doesn't deserve it.

One by one you count the fights
Doesn't even matter
That shes got you by surprise
Misery's your master

But I won't ignore your kindness anymore. I can't be a jerk. Not to the girl I like. I need to be strong though. Don't give into temptation.

You're afraid cause shes got closer
Your back-steppin and shes out wrecking everything in your life

Now you want it back
Now you want it back

Shes the blade
Shes the blade
Shes the blade and you're the paper
Shes the blade and you're just...

You're afraid cause shes got you closer

She stole everything
She controlled everything
She stole everything
And controlled everything

As I strung out my guitar, I finished the song off. We finished for the night but I didn't want it to end. Not yet. Screw it, I'm going for it.

I picked up the mic quickly before Dylan could hesitate to stop. Thank goodness the band hadn't left the stage yet. Now was my chance. Stop me now if you dare to.
"Hey people! Sorry to say this but we got something a little extra we'd like to add in. Hope you don't mind", I said tossing a wink.
The crowd cheered. I guess they really didn't mind at all.

You don't have to move,
you don't have to speak.
Lips follow biting.
You're staring me down, a glance makes me weak.
Eyes follow striking

Luckily, Anthony followed my lyrics and began stringing his guitar to a rhythm he made up from the top of his head. Flint joined in as he watched Anthony play, he tried to adjust his drums to the beat.
I thought I was going to be standing in silence for a moment but never mind.

Now I'm twisting up when I'm twisted with you
Brush so lightly
And time trickles down, and I'm breathing for two
Squeeze so tightly.
I'll be fine, you'll be fine.
This moment seems so long
Don't waste new, precious time
We'll dance inside the song

Dylan looked angry enough to smash his bass in half. He had been standing there since I began the song with his eyes closed. He finally gave up and bounced the beat off of Flint's drums. But he began singing.

"What makes the one to shake you down?
Each touch belongs to each new sound
Say now you want to shake me too
Move down to me, slip into you"

That slick, smart bastard. He wasn't standing there, he was thinking of a chorus to put in. He's such a genius when it comes to music. I pretended to go with the flow as he sang the chorus.

Without consciousness I began pointing out into the crowd. I hadn't realized to whom I was pointing to. All I knew is that my mind at the time was telling me to.

She sinks in my mind as she sheds through her skin
Touch like taste like fire
Hands to know what I no longer defend
Hands to fuel desire
I'll be fine, you'll be fine
This moment seems so long
Don't waste new, precious time
We'll dance inside the song

What makes the one to shake you down?
Move down to me, slip into you

I was pointing for a while now but she gave me no glances, so I began singing even stronger to purposely get her attention. The entire reason I wrote this song was because of her, Mimi. Look at me. I saw Jenny raise an eyebrow and try to hint me "stop pointing". But I ignored her.

"Stop pointing, stop pointing, stop pointing, stop pointing, stop pointing", Jenny whispered to herself agitated.

Anthony began some random guitar solo and it turned out sounding amazing. This isn't the way I had imagined the songs flow to be but it sounds good this way anyway.

"Ooo, ah
Ooo, ah
Ooo, ah
Ooo, ah"

When I turned my head back to Mimi. She looked at me with a blank face. Our eyes met and my body suddenly felt like it went through the heat of the Sahara Desert and back. She made me melt. But she was probably thinking "what's wrong with this guy?" Am I wrong?

And I'll be fine, you'll be fine
Is this fine? I'm not fine
Give me pieces, give me things to stay awake (stay awake)

As I looked around, I realized everyone was liking the song. Did it really sound that good? We came up with the notes out of the blue.

"What makes the one to shake you down?
Move down to me, slip into you

What makes the one to shake you down?
Move down to me, slip into you"

Dylan better thank me later then.

Move down to me, slip into you.

But the problem later, will be how we'll remember the chords we just used.

Click Next: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 5) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.6: Homecoming (Part 5)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.