Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.8: How to Save a Life (Part 1)
Back to: Take Care 1.7: Taken (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.8: How to Save a Life (Part 2)

Theme Song: The Fray "How to Save a Life"

"What information have you collected so far?" asked Harry.
"We have one badly wounded passenger, Tessa Luca. A widow, mother, and has two children. The paramedic said she's had a little alcohol", said Chris.
"Tessa? God, were there any witnesses?"
"Yes, a young male, 25 years-old stated he saw the crash, but the driver in the other vehicle got out to check on the her and then drove off", replied Chris.

"That's a little strange. Perhaps this accident was on purpose?" said Ruby.
"Let's not jump to conclusions rookie, we'll need to find more evidence", said Harry.
"Tessa is in critical condition and cannot be questioned at the moment. I can't believe this happened to her of all people", Chris said as he looked down for a moment.
"I know, I don't know how we are going to break the news to her son. It felt like yesterday when I was handling her husband's death", said Harry depressed.

I had been searching for mom for the past hour, until I pulled up to a roadblock in the middle of the street. What is this? There's police everywhere.
"What the hell?" I said, braking in front of the caution tape.

I got out my car to get a better look at the devastation. What had happened here?
The police woman started walking toward me as I approached the scene. She was probably ready to shoo me away immediately. But wait.

As I was looking around, I jerked my head to the damaged Jeep Cherokee. That's mom's car!

"Hey! Son you cannot go beyond this tape. I advise that you turn around before I arrest you for trespassing", she said with her hands on her cuffs.
"I need to get through! That's my mom's car", I shouted at her.
"Oh, well I am very sorry but-"
Once she eased up on her grip, I quickly ran beyond the caution tape and into the investigation.

"You need to stop right there!" she yelled trying to keep up with me, "Someone get him!"
"Mom!" I shouted.
Please be all right I kept repeating in my mind.

"Hey you! You can't be over here!" the man observing the Jeep said. He stopped and to began chase after me too.
"I'm just trying to find my mom! Where is she?!"

I stopped in my tracks to find the inevitable.
My nightmares were becoming part of my reality one by one.

I began to space out as I looked at the blood bag that was clinging to the stretcher.
"Dad, dad!".

"Hold on dad!"

"Dad! Please don't die!"

"Ease up Thompson, this boy is her son", said the man with red tie and shades.
I stared at her as she laid there unconscious. Is she going to leave us too? I don't think I could take it if I lost both my parents. It would be just me, and Lucas.

"Hey, do you know anyone that your mother didn't get along with?"
I wouldn't be able to handle it.
"Harry, I don't think this an appropriate time to ask Anthony that", said a recognizable voice.
I can't handle it.

I can't stand to look at her right now. I need to get out of here.
"Anthony, wait!"
That man's voice sounds so familiar. Where have I met him?
"Stop following me", I said running toward my car.

I quickly got into my passenger as I began backing up.
I caught I quick glimpse of the man chasing me. He turned out to be Nicole's ex-boyfriend, Chris.
I didn't get to know him well enough to find out he's an officer.

"Chris! Stop chasing that boy, he's a teenager after all", said Henry following Chris, "Some people find comfort in coinciding by themselves. Leave him be".

"I don't know what it is, but I just want to help him", said Chris.

Click Next: Take Care 1.8: How to Save a Life (Part 2) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.7: Taken (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.8: How to Save a Life (Part 2)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.