Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 3)
Back to: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 2) Next: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 4)
______________________________________________________________________________________
Mimi

It's been weeks and I can't stop thinking about it. About the time at Flint's party when Anthony and
Kyle kept going at each others' throats, all because of me. Their years of friendship is ruined because
of me. And now they want me to choose between the two of them.
How can I do that if one won't like the choice I make?

Jenny walked up and knocked on the door, " Mimi, you've been in there forever come on out already".

"Sorry, I didn't realize how long it's been", I said.
"Are you okay in there?" Jenny asked worried.
"Yeah I'm fine, I'm coming", I replied.
There's no way I am fine, this decision is killing me.
______________________________________________________________________________________

"Look dude, I know I told you to propose to her, but I didn't think I'd end up wearing an ugly ass suit", Dylan complained.
"Tell me about it. I think my mom had too much fun planning this whole thing", Flint said.
"Well you look like a buttercup in it, I look like a total idiot", Dylan said.
"Thanks", Noah groaned.
"That was a compliment", Dylan assured him.

"And hey you, pretty boy. How long are you going stare yourself in the mirror?" asked Dylan.
"What? Do you want me to give this to you so you can see how stupid you look or something?" Kyle laughed.
"I'm going to knock that look off your face", Dylan threatened.

Someone knocked on the door, "Come in", said Flint.
Jeff walked in, "Hey boys, come outside already we're about to begin".
They stared on what was on Jeff's head, "What?"
"You're not seriously going to wear that are you?" Anthony questioned.
"Yeah why?" Jeff said.
"I think I'm going to die of laughter", Dylan chuckled.

"I may have let that woman plan the wedding, but the hat stays," grunted Jeff,
"Now hurry up and get your asses outside before I kick them out there!"

"I'm going to go make sure everyone's ready", Jamie said walking out the door.
"Okay, I'll be downstairs in a few", Asia said still prepping in the mirror.
Once Flint's mother had left the room, Asia could hear footsteps that became
louder and louder.

"Back already Mrs. Flint", Asia asked curiously. She had only left the bedroom a few seconds ago.
"Asia!" yelled Aito, Asia's little brother.
"Huh?" Asia turned around with a surprised face.

"Aito!" Asia wailed and she hugged her brother, "What are you doing here?"
It had been a while since she last saw her brother. Ever since she had left and moved
out of her home.
"Asia", Aito gasped, "You're crushing me!"
"Oh! Sorry. But really, what are you doing here?" Asia asked once again.

"Well-" Aito said.
"Knock, knock. We brought a present", Toni smiled as he knocked on the door.
"Toni? Mom?" Asia dazed, "Am I dreaming right now?"
"So this is where you've been staying", said Stacy as she looked at the old-fashioned bedroom.

"Mom", Asia cried as she hugged her mother tightly.
"Now, now Asia, don't mess up your pretty make up", Stacy said wiping her tears.
"Come on Aito, let's give these two some space", said Toni.
"Okay".

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Asia asked.
"What do you mean? I wasn't going to miss daughter's wedding day. That's what every
mother wishes to see", Stacy replied.
"No, I mean wouldn't dad be upset?" Asia worried.

"What?" Stacy laughed, "Don't worry about him. Your father is certainly the most stubborn person
I have ever met. But you want to know something?"
"What?" Asia curiously asked.
"He loves you, he just has a tough way of showing it", Stacy explained.
"By kicking me out?" Asia grunted.
"I know you may see that as him being angry at you, Asia. But he's actually just angry at himself
right now", said Stacy.

"I'm such a bad daughter", Asia busted into tears.
"Hey! No more crying. I didn't raise crybabies", said Stacy.
"Sorry", Asia sniffed.
"Let's just quickly fix your make-up", said Stacy pulling back Asia's veil.

"Wow, I can't believe I am sitting next to Keith Ledger. What the hell are you doing at this wedding?" asked Toni.
Keith laughed, "I'm not the wedding singer if that's what you're thinking. My daughter is in the wedding, that's all".

"I wonder what's going on in there. I spent a weeks straight making those dresses. Don't
tell me there's a wardrobe malfunction. Should I go check things out?"
Naomi nervously thought.

Naomi looked to her left side as she heard grass being crunched.
Naomi smiled at her as she sat down in the empty seat.

"Well, what do you know", Naomi smirked.
Samantha smiled back, "Is this a wedding or a high school reunion?"
"How have you been?" asked Naomi.
"Good, you?" Samantha replied.
"Good".
"What are you doing here by the way?" Samantha asked.
"Well you know how Jamie can be. She called me so excited about the wedding and
asked if I could design the dresses. I couldn't say no", Naomi sighed.

"I never imagined the day that I would actually get a chance to use my ministry license", said Coach Durham.
"Thanks for agreeing to do this for free, Coach", Flint happily said.
"Don't thank me yet, you knuckleheads just better do better in next years' playoffs", said Durham
"Um..coach I don't know we'll have time for sports next year with the music thing and stuff", Anthony informed him.
"What? I don't think I heard you", said Durham who pretended not to listen.
"Oh nothing", said Anthony.

Kyle looked over at Anthony who was looking down at his bow tie.
Kyle smiled, "Fixing your bow tie?..Or..are you perhaps nervous?" Kyle teased.
"Shut up. You should be the one who's nervous", Anthony earnestly said.
"Guess we'll see about that", said Kyle.

Flint repeatedly tapped his index finger on his thigh impatiently.
"Calm down Flint", said Durham who was watching him.
"Who's nervous?! I'm calm", Flint exhaled.
"She couldn't run away even if she tried, so stay calm", said Durham.

"Oh! There she is", Jamie said excited.
"Are you ready?" Stacy asked.
"Yes, I am finally ready", Asia smiled.
"Let's just hurry up and get this wedding over with. I want to get out of this ridiculous suit", Jeff thought.

"So Asia, there was something I wanted to ask you since your mother actually came", said Jamie.
"Yes?" Asia asked.
"Since your mother is here, would you like her to walk you down the aisle or do you want still
want my husband, Jeff to?" asked Jamie.
"Well..um..I don't want you to do anything you don't want to mom", Asia said timid.
"Say yes, say yes, say yes", Jeff thought as he kept hoping.

"What? Don't be silly. I would love to walk my beautiful daughter down the aisle", Stacy said gleaming.
"Yes!" Jeff thought.
"Aw, what a lovely moment. Jeff go get the camera", Jamie nearly cried.
"Okay and thank you for volunteering though, Mr. Flint", Asia thankfully said.
"No biggie", Jeff said relieved, who wanted nothing to do with this wedding,
"I just want to sip a beer already".

"So how are Michael and the kids doing?" Naomi asked, trying to start a conversation.
"Well you know how Michael loves to work hard. My son, Kyle is actually one of the groomsmen
over there. See?" Samantha pointed.
"Oh wow, he's certainly grown into a handsome boy", Naomi commented, "He looks almost like Michael".
Samantha laughed, "Yes he does, my daughter takes after me".
"These two are chatting quite casually for people that hated each other in high school", thought Keith.

Samantha stared down at Naomi's belly,"Hm?"
"What is it?" Naomi asked confused.
"Oh nothing, I just assumed you were pregnant since you and Harry keep popping them out", Samantha giggled.
"Well what can I say? I love having children", Naomi grinned, "And surprisingly, I don't receive things like stretch marks afterwards".

The appalled look in Samantha's face was obvious as she tried hard to hide it.
"Yes I guess you're right, but at least I can say my boobs didn't become saggy", Samantha ridiculed.
"Excuse me, but what?! Do you not remember your nickname in middle school?" Naomi snickered,
"Saggy Sammy".
"What?! Oh whatever Nasty Naomi, the girl who itched her butt in front of everyone!" Samantha hollered.
"For the last time! It was the fabric of spandex under the cheer uniform!" Naomi explained.
"What does that have to do with anything!" Samantha asked.
"Never mind, these two are still the same as ever even after 20 years", Keith thought.
"I have sensitive skin!"

Kyle. You let me down so many times, but for some reason you have something about you that just draws me back to you.
Anthony. I know nothing about you really and yet I've liked you ever since that day in middle
school. That day is the reason that I still have this hold on you.
The both of you have been friends before you ever met me and now you're like sworn enemies.
How can I possibly come between such a bond?
"Mimi?"
How can I choose without hurting one?
"Mimi!"

"Huh?!" I awoke from my train of thought.
"What's wrong with you? You were spacing out on me", Jenny said.
"Oh sorry, I'm just a little tired since I had that unexpected appointment earlier", I lied.
"Oh yeah, you did go and meet that Skylar lady", Jenny said remembering.

"So is she as scary as everyone had described her?" Jenny laughed as she asked.
"Oh...Oh..yeah, she's got a pretty sharp gaze that just makes you want to stop talking", I told her.
"That bad, huh? My dad talks to her on the phone like they are best buddies", Jenny said.
"I can't imagine", I said. I really couldn't imagine that woman really having any friends.

"Okay girls, let's get this wedding started. Start walking out after two minutes", Jamie ordered us.
"Finally", Jenny exhaled.

Finally, the wedding was beginning and right after me and Jenny, Asia will walk down this very aisle.
I just hope she's still not as nervous as she was earlier or people will worry.
I walked down the aisle as I saw everyone chattering and then immediately stop once we appeared.
They all turned their heads towards the aisle watching, and waiting for the main edition.

Keith rubbed his eyes and then looked at his daughter's back, "Nice tat-, I mean! Does your
mother know about that tattoo, Jenny?!"
"She doesn't know about your smoking either", Jenny threatened.
"Fair enough", Keith groaned at his defeat.

"I'll hep you down the stairs, I would hate it if you ripped your dress", Stacy said.
"Thanks mom".

"Dude, are you okay?" asked Anthony worried.
"Yeah, I'm fine..I am cool", Flint lied.
"Really? Cause from here it looks like your face is melting", said Anthony.
"Crap, does it really? She's not going to want to kiss my sweaty face", Flint feared.
"Hey Flint, you should look forward", grinned Kyle.
"Huh? Why?" Flint asked as he turned his head.

"Whoa", gasped Flint as he melted even more at the sight of his alluring bride.

"Is it me? Or is everyone staring?" Asia asked alarmed.
"Of course, you're the bride", Stacy giggled, "Don't look but I think you're grandmother shed a tear".
"Mom", Asia laughed.
"After knowing that woman for so long, I didn't think she had a heart until now", Stacy continued to giggle.

Asia had finally reached the end of the aisle as Flint took hold of her hand.
"Wow Asia, you look so beautiful", Flint said as he stared at her.
"Stop staring at me, it's embarrassing", Asia blushed.
"Now Noah, make sure you take care of my wonderful daughter", Stacy filed.
"Yes ma'am, I swear!" Flint promised as he took both of Asia's hands.

"We are gathered here today in the face of this company, to join together Noah Fabian Flint and Asia Cheng in matrimony", spoke Coach Durham.
I looked at everyone in the audience as their eyes were glued on the bride and groom.
This was my first time attending a wedding. And I'm glad that my first time being apart of one,
was this one specifically. Flint and Asia are so young to get married, but they love each other
and that's all that matters. And they're willing to prove it by surviving the ups and downs of marriage.

"Noah Fabian Flint, do you take Asia Cheng for your lawful wedded wife, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor, comfort, and cherish her from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto her for as long as you both shall live?" Durham asked him.
Without a doubt Flint quickly replied, "I do".

"Asia Cheng, do you take Noah Fabian Flint for your lawful wedded husband, to live in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, honor, comfort, and cherish him from this day forward, forsaking all others, keeping only unto him for as long as you both shall live?" asked Durham.
Flint gulped as he waited on her reply.
"I do", Asia replied.

"I won't cry, I won't cry, I won't cry", Jeff repeated in his head.

Jamie chuckled, "Dear, is that a tear I just saw fall form your eyes?"
"Shut up", Jeff turned his head away, "I would never cry for my silly son".
"It's only natural that you would want to cry-", Jamie consoled.
"Jamie, for the last time no one is crying", Jeff abruptly replied.

"May the bride and groom now exchange their rings", Durham directed.
Anthony handed the ring over to Flint as he reached for it. Flint slowly slipped the ring
on Asia's small, ringer finger. Asia then reached out to Jenny who was giving her the ring.
Asia smiled wide as she put the ring on Flint's sweaty, trembling finger.
"You may now seal the promises you have made with each other with a kiss", said Durham.

Flint wrapped his arms around Asia and she around his, as they both pressed their lips together.
"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the loving couple Mr. and Mrs. Flint", Durham finished.
Everyone stood up from their seats as they began to clap in a form of congratulations.

Flint sighed deeply, "I thought I was going to faint".

Click Next: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 4) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 2) Next: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 4)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.