Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pleasantview Diaries (3)
Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (2) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (4)

Taa Daa! Chapter 3 is here, ready to be enjoyed. Unfortunately, I had to make some cuts in this chapter because apparently there is an image tag limit. Boohoo. If you do in fact enjoy this story, please leave me a comment! I would love to read your comments and/or critique!

GOTH

Mortimer Goth eyed the woman in front of his doorway up and down, not believing his eyes. “…Bella? It…it can’t be! Is that you?” Mortimer thought he was dreaming.

In an instant, all the emotions that Mortimer had been repressing for years came flooding to him. He wanted to run to his wife and embrace her, but he couldn’t. In shock, Mortimer burst into tears. “My wife! My Bella! Bella!” Mortimer sobbed, unable to move.

Bella ran over to her crying husband. “Mortimer! What’s wrong?! Why are you crying darling!?” She’d never seen her husband so upset. She couldn’t imagine why the sight of her would cause him to act this way. Nor could she comprehend why Mortimer looked so much older than when she last saw him.

“Where have you been?! Why did you leave me?! How did you get back?!” Mortimer didn’t know whether to be angry with his wife for leaving him and their children or overjoyed that she had returned.
“Mortimer I…I don’t understand! I’ve only been gone a few minutes! Or was it hours…?” Bella tried to recall where she had been, but her memory was muddled.

“Bella you’ve been gone for years! Our children are grown, I’m an ugly old man! Why did you leave me?! Why now are you finally back?!”

As he sobbed, Mortimer remembered the long hours he would spend on the roof. He would gaze through his telescope night after night, hoping to catch a glimpse of the mysterious flying vessel he recalled sucking Bella up into the sky. He could never tell if it had been a dream or not, and eventually gave up looking.

Now, after all these years, Bella was back. She was home, but had no idea how long she’d really been gone, no idea of the suffering her disappearance caused her family. “I’ve missed you, ached for you for so long Bella. Now I’m an old man. You’re still so beautiful. You won’t want anything to do with me! We’ve missed our whole life together.”

“Oh Mortimer…”, Bella sighed as she embraced her husband in a tight hug, “I don’t have the slightest idea what’s going on, but I’m not going to leave you. You’re my husband and I love you, Mortimer. Please, don’t cry. I’m here! Here to stay.”

Mortimer sniffled out his last tears and eventually composed himself. Reassured, he smiled and held his wife, just like he had in his most precious dreams for many years. “Oh Bella. I am glad you’ve finally come back to me.”

With that, the happily reunited couple made their way to their bedroom. There, they celebrated on a bed that had been void of love and happiness for far too long.

The next morning, Bella made her appearance with each member of her family. To her surprise, Mortimer was not the only one who had aged drastically. Bella cried when she saw how her son Alexander had grown. She just remembered him as a toddler, and now he was well on his way to becoming a teenager. Bella was more than confused, but Alexander was just happy to have his mother back.

Cassandra, on the other hand, was not quite as excited about her mother’s return. Their mother/daughter relationship was not strong when Bella had disappeared, so Cassandra’s cold demeanor was not unexpected. Cassandra was bitter that her mother left in the first place, and angry that she had just now chosen to return. What worried her most was knowing she had to tell her mother she left Don and was now engaged to marry the poor artist, Darren Dreamer.

“So…I hope I didn’t miss your and Don’s wedding. I would be devastated to know I didn’t attend such an event. You were supposed to have the wedding of the year!”
“Well…”, Cassandra began, “You didn’t miss the wedding. But you won’t be attending either. At least not Don and mine’s wedding.” Cassandra gulped. “Here it comes”, she thought.

Bella frowned. “Cassandra, I’m afraid I don’t understand…”
“Mom, Don and I broke up. Well, I called off the engagement.”

Bella was livid. “Cassandra Goth! Are you joking? Do you have any idea how hard I worked to arrange that marriage?! How could you throw such a great opportunity away?!”

Now Cassandra was angry. “I didn’t love him mom, you knew that. I tried to, for you. He wasn’t a good man. He cheated on me over and over! Is that really the life you wanted for me?”

“How can you be so naïve, Cassandra?! It’s not about love! It’s about power! Social status! Respect! Don Lothario had all of those things and you just kissed it goodbye for what? Love? You’re alone!”

Cassandra’s heart pounded. She wasn’t used to sticking up for herself, especially when it came to her mother. “I’m not alone. I’m in love and engaged to marry Darren Dreamer.”
“Darren Dreamer?!”, Bella screamed, appalled. “That poor widowed painter!? I’m telling you Cassandra, you’ve made the biggest mistake of your life. That man has nothing to give you. You’ll regret your decision.”

Cassandra couldn’t believe her mother. She had forgotten how shallow and self absorbed she truly was. After the argument, Cassandra stormed upstairs. She didn’t care what her mother thought. She loved Darren, and they would have a beautiful life together. Cassandra quickly packed her things, planning to move in with Darren and finally leave the Goth mansion behind.

Many months went by while Bella and her family lived happily once again together, minus Cassandra. It didn’t take long for Mortimer and Bella to conceive a child, and one warm day Bella went into labor in their living room.

Bella moaned and screamed, alerting the household that the baby was coming. Mortimer rushed in, reminding Bella of her breathing exercises and to stay calm.

After a lot of commotion and panic, Bella gave birth to a little girl who was cleverly named Destiny. The whole family fell in love with the baby, who was a joyous product of a miracle and reunited love.

Not long after Destiny’s birth, Bella grew very ill and fatigued. She spent all of her time in bed, her consciousness slowly slipping further day by day. Everyone knew the pregnancy, labor, and delivery had taken a lot out of Bella. Her body was surely not the same after enduring supernatural experiences for the many years she was missing.

Mortimer never left his wife’s side, leaving Alexander to take care of Destiny. Once again, Mortimer lost himself to his broken heart. Sick with worry, he was determined to not lose his wife for a second time.

CALIENTE

Dina was infuriated. How could she be so stupid to think Don was being faithful to her? Not only had he impregnated her, but now she found out her twin sister would be having his child as well. Instead of blaming her beloved Don, Dina took her anger out on her sister. “Nina! How could you do this to me?! You knew I loved him!”

“Dina I don’t know why you’re getting so mad at me! You know how Don is, how I am! You had to have known what we were doing. Do you think I want to have a baby, especially his? You should be feeling sorry for me!” Nina was amazed at her sister’s wrath.

“Well Nina, I don’t feel sorry for you. I actually cared about Don, and now I’m in the same boat. This house is about to get a whole lot more crowded because I’m pregnant too.” Nina blinked at her sister, suddenly understanding Dina’s anger.
“It’s really Don’s?”
“Yes.”
“Oh Dina. I’m sorry.” It finally made sense. Dina was desperately in love with Don. She thought since she was having his baby, maybe he would stay with her. Maybe she would be the one to tame the desirable, town Casanova. But no, she was no better than Nina, or any other lover of Don’s.

The sisters looked at each other, both trying not to cry. They were both hurt and ashamed. Embarrassment was inevitable, knowing they would be the talk of the town. Everyone would always be in awe over how Don Lothario got the best of the Caliente sisters. Not to mention how the lives of their children would never be normal.

After their painful argument, the Caliente sisters kept their distance. They cooked and cleaned their humble home, each with Don’s baby growing inside of them. All this, without exchanging a word or passing so much as a glance.

One chilly fall night at about 3 a.m., Dina awoke with an intense spaghetti craving. She crept downstairs and began to stir the red sauce. The pregnancy forced her to almost constantly be eating.

In the middle of stirring, a sharp pain shot through Dina’s body. She abruptly set down the mixing bowl and grabbed her round stomach. She knew the baby was coming.

After several minutes of howling and groaning, Dina gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He had big green eyes like both of his parents and dark, black hair like his father Don. Dina marveled at her son, Ricardo, with loving eyes. She was proud of what she had created, despite the circumstances.

Just a few moments later, Nina awoke from her slumber with horrible contractions. Nina yelled and screamed, angry that she had to experience so much pain all because of that two-timing creep, Don Lothario.

“DINAAA!”, screamed Nina as loud as she could. Although Nina’s cries for help were heard, Dina was too bitter to come to her sister’s aide. Eventually, Nina gave birth alone in her bedroom to a baby girl, Letti. Letti looked very much like her cousin and half brother, Ricardo, who had just been born moments before her.

In the weeks that followed, Dina transitioned smoothly into motherhood. She adored the new little man in her life more than anyone she had ever known. Mothering Ricardo gave Dina the strength to push past her heartbreak and put all of her being into taking care of the little boy. She was a natural, loving every moment of motherhood.

On the other hand, Nina struggled with her small daughter. Letti was an extremely colicky baby who exhausted Nina tremendously. Although Nina loved her daughter, she did not want to be a mother. She couldn’t wait to get back to work, to interact with adults, to get some peace and quiet.

A few days after the twins gave birth, Dina decided it was time to give Don a call. The phone rang, the answering machine picked up. Dina sighed, not surprised that Don was unreachable now that he had responsibilities. “Hi Don, it’s Dina. I just wanted to let you know your children were born, if you even care. You have a son and a daughter. I think you should meet them, but it’s up to you. Give me a call sometime.” *Click*

Dina frowned. Would Don ever answer his phone? He had ignored both Dina and her sister for their entire pregnancies, but it was a new low for him to ignore the existence of his children. Dina didn’t care anymore if Don loved her or wanted to be with her, but she ached for the father she knew her son and niece would never have. Dina thought, maybe, it would be best for her to find a new father figure for her son. A father with a hefty bank account, preferably.

LOTHARIO

Hi Don, it’s Dina. I just wanted to let you know your children were born, if you even care. You have a son and a daughter. I think you should meet them, but it’s up to you. Give me a call sometime.” Don scowled while listening to the message from his ex lover, Dina Caliente.

Don Lothario was not a happy man. His adulterous ways had finally caught up with him and made him a father of two. Not wanting to be a father to any, he didn’t appreciate the calls he continuously received from the Caliente sisters. “Trying to guilt me, huh? Hah. Yeah right”, muttered Don to himself.

In strutted the newly wed Kaylynn Lothario. Kaylynn had went from Don’s maid to his wife in a matter of months; she was quite proud of that accomplishment. “What’s wrong sweetie?”, she purred.

“Mmm nothing anymore,” murmured Don, embracing Kaylynn. She giggled, unaware how Don was using her this time. As a father of two, Don had a lot of child support payments that needed to be made. He knew Kaylynn had money from working and saving for quite a few years, so he manipulated yet another woman into thinking he loved her. It wasn’t hard for slithery Don to convince Kaylynn to move in with him and marry him, all for her money.

However, marrying a maid came with perks other than financial gain. Kaylynn cooked and clean for Don; she provided him with the companionship and romance he craved. Don was quite pleased with himself for being so sly and thought maybe marriage wasn’t quite as bad as he once thought it to be. When he got bored with Kaylynn, he knew it wouldn’t be hard to find a mistress or two while hiding it from all of them.

It didn’t take long for things to take a sharp turn, as Kaylynn’s little head became obsessed with the thought of having a baby. “What do you think Don? Doesn’t the thought of us being a real, honest to goodness family just warm your heart?”

Don snickered, humoring his wife. “Now Kaylynn, you know how I feel about children. I’ve already got two! Why don’t we just wait a little sweetie? I’m not ready to share you yet.” He'd say anything in order to get what he wanted.

Kaylynn pouted, not getting the answer she wanted. “But Donnn! I want a baby now! I know you can be a good father. Let’s just do it! I promise, when you see our little son or daughter’s face, you won’t regret it!”

“Yes I’m sure I’ll love our son or daughter Kaylynn, but it’s just not a good time. I don’t have a steady job and child support is really steep! Not to mention, this house is small. Not safe for a baby. Nope.” Don hoped Kaylynn would just drop it. “Let’s just give it a few years, okay? I promise, I’ll make you a mommy as soon as it’s the right time.”
Disappointed, Kaylynn managed to give her resistant husband a half smile. “Well…okay.”, she whined.
“That’s my girl!” Don beamed. Once again, he warded off the baby fever.

Later that night, Kaylynn lured Don into the bedroom. She refused to take no, or even wait, for an answer. Kaylynn knew how Don’s mind worked; she could manipulate him just as easily as he could her.

Kaylynn occupied Don in the bedroom for hours, making sure the job was done. After a night of woohooing, Kaylynn smirked at her exhausted husband. Poor Don just thought he was lucky. Little did he know, he wasn’t the only one in Pleasantview who had tricks up their sleeve.

TO BE CONTINUED

Click Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (4) to continue...

Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (2) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (4)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.