Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.13: New Dreams (Part 1)
Back to: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 4) Next: Take Care 1.13: New Dreams (Part 2)

Theme Song: Taylor Swift "Sad Beautiful Tragic"

________________________________________________________________________________________
4 Years Ago...

"What did just say Caroline?!" Keith angrily shouted.
"She's not-" Caroline murmured sadly.
"Is this the reason why he keeps calling me? To see how she's doing?!" Keith bellowed.
"I don't know, but Keith I swear I was going to tell you", Caroline genuinely said.

"Then why didn't you?" said Keith still enraged.
"My mother kept insisting that I shouldn't, but I can't lie to you anymore", Caroline cried.
"She...she has his eyes", Keith whimpered.
"Keith-"
"I should've known...I can't even look at you anymore", Keith said walking away.

Coming from Mimi's house, Jenny was approaching her front door until it slammed wide open.
Her father stammering out with a pained look on his face, stomping the ground.
"Dad?" Jenny questioned.
"Keith!" Caroline screamed.

"Keith! Let's talk about this-" Caroline paused, seeing that her daughter was now surveying their quarrel.
"What's going on?" said Jenny startled.
"Nothing Jenny, go inside", Keith demanded.
"What do you think you're doing? That's not your car!" Caroline yelled.
Keith ignored her and closed the car door anyway.
"Dad?" Jenny whimpered.
Keith put the key in ignition and began to back out of the driveway as they watched him.
"Dad?!" Jenny shouted taking off after him.

"Dad! Take me with you!" Jenny screamed still chasing him.
"Jenny, don't run in the street!" Caroline chased after her.
Keith didn't yield, instead he sped up the vehicle.
"Dad, no!" Jenny wailed nearly tripping in her shiny, ballet shoes.

"Jenny..it's okay. He'll come back", Caroline said trying to reassure her.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Present Day

It all began to make sense now. The reason behind her parents divorce that very day
four years ago. Her once loving parents were now adversaries all because of her mother's
dirty little secret. But still, Jenny felt sad, guilty, out of place, and curious.
Jenny sat there like a lifeless doll, staring at her mother.

"Are you going to continue sitting there like a pillar? Or are you going to eat?" asked Caroline.
"Hm? Oh yeah", muttered Jenny she stopped contemplating.
"Is there something wrong?" Caroline curiously asked.

"Who is-" Jenny stopped mid sentence, "Never mind".
"What?" Caroline asked.
"No it's nothing", Jenny said changing her mind.
"Who is he?" she thought.

"So far there's no trace of a single fingerprint", said Chris.
"That's surprising, the kidnapper seems pretty sloppy to me", said Patrick as he gazed at the messy kitchen,
"I mean if it were me, I would've cleaned the place up and shut the door on my way out to make it seem like the victim went on vacation".
"Well that's just it", said Chris scanning for my fingerprints.

"What's it?" Patrick questioned.
"He wants us to mistake him for someone who's horrible and sloppy. But in reality, he's clean and vigilant
and wants us to look in another direction", Chris explained.
"I still don't get it", said Patrick rubbing his head.
Chris sighed, "Of course you don't".
"You know we are on to you, don't you Riley?" Chris thought.
Mimi

"Whoa, what?!" I shrieked.
"Keep it down", Jenny grumbled at me.
"Sorry", I said without realizing how loud I was.
"So, you're sure about this?" asked Asia.

"I wish I wasn't, but there's no other explanation for all of this", said Jenny.
"Are you ever going to tell your mom about this?" I asked.
"No way, I can't trust her. She even lied to my dad about it, so there's no way she'll tell me the truth", replied Jenny.
"You don't know until you try", Asia said trying to convince her.
"I guess you're right. But I don't want to take any chances", Jenny said hesitant.

"So what are you going to do?" I asked her.
"Find out who he is and meet him", Jenny replied.
"Jenny are you nuts?" said Asia flustered.
"A little", said Jenny.
"But you don't even know him and what kind of person he is", Asia said worried.

"Well, I'll get to know him and the reason why he was never around", stated Jenny.
She dropped the conversation as we crossed paths with our wicked seniors.
I never knew Miranda, Fiona, or Hailey's situation but they always found it a joy to torment people.
Which is the reason why no one will miss them when they graduate. Hopefully, they graduate that is.

We watched as they walked past us like they were on a runway, shoes tapping the floor.
"Every time I see them, I get this feeling they're up to no good", said Asia paranoid.
"Well, it's better not to get sucked up into their drama", said Jenny.
I paused in place still observing the three of them, barely paying attention to the conversation.
"What were they up to?" I speculated.

"Looks like someone is a loner today", smiled Hailey.
"Or maybe she didn't pay them enough money to be her friends for today", sneered Fiona.
"Who cares? She's a loser if you ask me", Miranda carelessly said.

"Oh come on Miranda, don't be a sourpuss. Let's have some fun with her", smirked Fiona.
"Three on one? That's not even a challenge, that's boring!" chuckled Hailey.
"Fine, then you two just watch me!" Fiona inquired.
"Just what do you have in mind?" Miranda asked intrigued.

I could only get a glimpse of them while I peeked over the corner of the brick wall.
Just what were those three scheming? I surveyed them as they continuously looked back and forth
at Taylor and each other. Seems like they were about to pick a fight with Taylor once again.
Why do they hold such a huge grudge against Taylor? I never understood their association.
Perhaps it was just a rich girl thing?
"What is she doing?" whispered Kimberly.
Kyle

"Why the hell are girls so complicated? You can never know what they truly feel until they actually
tell you. And once they tell you, they want even more from you. And once you give them more
they still aren't satisfied. Instead, you end up mentally exhausted and with a, "I choose neither of you".
Maybe I should revert back to being a player", Kyle groaned, "Things were much more easier that way".

"Do you always give up when the going gets tough?" questioned Tina.
"Honestly, yeah I do", Kyle said bluntly.
"Well don't you think that's why this girl you speak of feel's like she can't accept you so easily?" counseled Tina.
Kyle sighed, "I guess you're right".
Now that he thought about it, he had given Mimi his full attention but he didn't show her any motivation.
"You've come a long way since middle school Kyle. So why don't you drop the womanizer antics?
It's not in your nature to be so heartless. You are kind and sweet, so don't go around breaking
other girl's hearts just because Madison broke-"

Tine stopped speaking as she watched how her words made Kyle jerk out of his seat, furrowing his brows.
"Shut up!" Kyle yelled fiercely, "You don't know a damn thing and don't you ever bring that name up again.
I don't need to be reminded of that stupid slut, so screw her!".

"Alright, sit back and watch the show", said Fiona confident.
"Are you sure this is a good idea? You order your lattes extremely hot", said Hailey uneasy.
"Shut up Hailey! I'm interested to see what happens, go on Fiona" Miranda anxiously said.

"Oh my god is she serious?! I can see that cup of coffee still fuming from over here! That
could probably burn Taylor's skin. Is she insane? What could drive them to do something so sinister"
, thought Mimi,
"I don't think I can just sit here and do nothing".

"Hey Taylor, I see you forgot to bring your house cleaners with you today", Fiona insulted her.
"Fiona, are you astray?" Taylor asked, "Or do I need to find you a new owner?"
"What did you just say to me?!" Fiona barked, "You know what? Never mind, have a sip of coffee you look beat!"

"Taylor move!" I said as I ran frantically nudging Fiona spilling her coffee on the floor.
I instantly shoved Taylor's thin frame out of the way.
"What the f' are you doing?!" Taylor shrieked as I knocked her over.
"What the?" Fiona paused.

She paused as I slipped on her spilled coffee and went flying towards the direction of the staircase.
"Mimi!" Taylor gasped. I never thought I would ever hear concern in Taylor's voice because of me.
I could feel my hands slip off the handrail as I tried to clench it for dear life.
"Hold on!" Fiona said as she threw her coffee on the ground and tried to catch my hand.

"Oh my god", said Miranda shocked watching me fall.
Hailey screamed loud enough for the entire school building to hear her voice.

"Oh yeah, Mimi what happened at the wedding between Kyle and Anthony?" Jenny asked.
"Yeah..oh wait, she's not behind me?" said Asia thrown off.
"What? When did she?-" Jenny was cut off by a loud wail, "What the hell was that?"
"I don't know, but it sounded like it came from back there", Asia examined.

Jenny quickly made a three-sixty running towards the distress signal, she watched as everyone started to
jet to the staircase. The closer she got, the louder it was. Everyone had became nosy.
"What's going on?" Jenny asked Kimberly who was also assessing the scene.
"Someone tripped and fell down the stairs!" Kimberly replied.
"Jenny, wait for me!" Asia said as she waddled right behind her.

Jenny briskly boosted her way past the student body ceasing in front of the long fleet of stairs.
"Holy crap!" Jenny said mortified, "Mimi!"
Kyle

"Are you now relieved now? You just let all that you felt off your chest", consoled Tina.
Ms. Martin has been my go-to guidance counselor since middle school, so I've gotten used to calling her Tina.
Anytime I needed some advice or someone I could really talk to, I'd come seek her.

I took a deep sigh, "Yeah, sorry I snapped on you. I just hate...I just hate her so much".
"It's okay, it's only normal that you feel the way you do. Was that past relationship the reason why
you look at girls in a different light?" Tina notably said.
When I think about it, Madison only played another part in the reason.
There was another case that led me to sincerely distrust women.
"Partially, but I don't feel that way about Mimi", I said as lied back down.
I was about to speak again until I heard a loud thud and then someone scream.

"What was that?" I asked sitting back up.
"I'm not sure, but it sounded like something dropped", Tina assumed.
"...or someone", I said as I got up out of my seat and raced for the door.
"I'm going to call in Principal Bobo", said Tina.

I sprinted towards the staircase and saw someone lying in the middle of the floor, a girl.
"She must've definitely fallen down", I thought.
As I had gotten closer, I had noticed her brunette hair was similar to Mimi's.
"Mimi?!" I shouted.

My assumption was right, Mimi was the one who had fallen down the stairs.
"Hey, are you okay?!" I said panicking.
If she had landed on her head, she could have a concussion.
"My...my ankle hurts", she cried.
I didn't realize it at first but she was indeed grasping her ankle tightly.
I was about to go and get some help, but Mr. Bobo had already appeared on the scene.

"Oh god, what happened? Did she fall?" Mr. Bobo asked concerned.
"I think she fell", I replied.
"I'm finding it hard to believe that she would just randomly fall", Mr. Bobo suspiciously said,
"I will make sure to find out what exactly happened. So if any of you had anything to do with this
you better come forward right now."

"Um..Miranda", Hailey fearfully murmured.
"Stay cool Hailey", Miranda whispered calmly.
"Kyle, is she alright?!" Jenny asked worried.

"Yeah!" I replied, "Mr. Bobo should I take her to the nurse?"
"Yes, take her there and I'll call her parents right now", said Mr. Bobo.
I wrapped my arm around Mimi's back and lifted her up, she was light as a feather.

"Kyle? The nurse's office is upstairs", Mimi said confused.
"You need to see a doctor about your ankle, not a nurse", I replied.

Tina smiled, "So that's Mimi".

"Yup, sorry to tell you this but it's definitely fractured", said Dr. Adams,
"When you tripped off the staircase your ankle must've twisted out of it's normal position.
Especially, since you were wearing those platform shoes".

"So what happens?" Mimi finally spoke.
"It's not as serious as you may think. With time your ankle will be okay.
Are you by any chance an athlete?" asked Dr. Adams.
"I dance ballet", replied Mimi.
"Then you're going to need to take time away from dancing and any other strenuous activities", said Dr. Adams.
"Wait! I thought you said it wasn't that serious?" Mimi questioned.
"It's not that serious, but spinning around on a fractured ankle won't help it get better. You're going to need to take some
weight off of it and relax for about six weeks", briefed Dr. Adams.

"Don't look so sad kid. Unlike you, most people will never get to dance again", Dr. Adams reassured her,
"I'll prescribe you some over-the-counter medicine".
"Okay", she mumbled.

"Was it worth it?" I asked.
"Huh?" said Mimi as she stopped hopping on her crutches.
"Was it worth helping Taylor?" I said more vague.
I waited for her to reply but there was just silence.
"Mi-" I stopped speaking and turned around when I began to hear her sob.

"Oh crap..um, I didn't mean to make you cry. I just striking a conversation since you
were so quiet since we left the emergency room. Probably not a good topic, right?" I said wiping her tears.
I think I just made a complete fool of myself.
"I-, I-" Mimi hiccuped. I had no clue what she was trying to say.

Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head.
"Hey, I have an idea", I smiled, "Let's go have some fun".
Hopefully a fun date will cheer her up and make her forget all her troubles.
I didn't like that Mimi was bawling her tears out in front of me either.
"O-okay", said Mimi still crying.

Click Next: Take Care 1.13: New Dreams (Part 2) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.12: By Your Side (Part 4) Next: Take Care 1.13: New Dreams (Part 2)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.