Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 31.1
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 30 Next: Picket Fences! Part 31.2

Picket Fences! Part 31.1

The next day at Mary Lou's house . . .

Julie called Arlene and invited her over.

"Don't you have a birthday coming up soon?", asked Julie.

"Yeah, my birthday is tomorrow. I told my parents I didn't want a big party, since I had one for my last birthday. I figured they needed the money to throw Kevin a big teenage birthday party", said Arlene.

"Are your parents going to have a big party for Carrie's first birthday tomorrow?", asked Arlene.

"No, I think Mom's stay in the hospital used up their savings. It's just going to be Dad, Mom and me at her party", said Julie.

"I bet Ryan's dad throws him a huge teenage birthday party. He doesn't have to worry about the cost", said Julie.

"Yeah, it must be wonderful to be rich. I just hope we get invited. Don't you?", said Arlene.

"Yeah, I'm sure we will. Ryan's your brother's best friend and he wouldn't invite him and not us", said Julie.

Meanwhile over at Arlene's house . . .

The telephone was ringing and her father answered it . . .

"Hello, who's calling?", he asked.

"This is Rhys Sawyer. There's something I want to ask you", he said.

"Alright, what is it?", asked Larry.

"I'm having Ryan a birthday party this coming Saturday. Since this is my Saturday to have Kevin, I was wondering if we could celebrate his birthday along with Ryan? There's only a few days difference and Saturday's in-between both their birthdates."

[IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i321/DaisyRaggs/A%20Medeval%20Tale/Picket%
20Fences/snapshot_fc8be7bd_5ccd5b36.jpg[/IMG]

"Well, they have the same friends and it does seem silly to have two different parties so close together", said Larry, "Yes, I guess it'll be alright."

"Great! The party is 2 PM at Jonathan's place. The theme is going to be pirates. I'll have custumes delivered for you, Joy and Arlene to wear. I'll see you Saturday!"

"What was that all about?", asked Joy.

"Rhys asked if Kevin and Ryan could have their birthday parties together, since this is his Saturday to have Kevin visit", said Larry.
"Yes, he actually made sense for once", said Larry, "We're even going to get to dress up in pirate custumes."

"That might be fun", said Joy.

"Yeah, it might be at that", Larry agreed, "And it won't cost me a dime."

The following day . . .

After supper Arlene came to her birthday cake. She made a wish and blew out the candles.

Then in a shower of colored confetti, she grew up into a pretty adult.

In the house next-door, it was time for Carrie Edwards' first birthday.

Her father Peter brought her to her birthday cake.

He helped her blow out the candles on her cake.

He did the "baby toss" and . . .

Carrie grew up into a cute toddler.

Peter gave his youngest daughter a "family kiss".
A couple of days later . . .

Over at Jonathan's place, the double birthday party for Ryan and Kevin had began.

Their pirate clad invited guests were enjoying the food from the Very Tiki Blue buffet table from Parsimonious. They had a choice of a hotdog, a hamburger or macoroni and cheese.

Jonathan had macoroni and cheese and Julie had chosen a hotdog.

Ryan ate a bowl of macoroni and cheese.

Kevin had a hotdog that looked slightly burnt.

His mother Joy had one that looked better . . .

And so did the one his sister Arlene was eating. You would think on a buffet table they would all be the same.

Ryan's best friend Mary . . .

And Kevin's best friend Heather from school had been invited.

After everyone had finished eating Ryan came to his birthday cake. He made a wish and blew out the candles.

Everyone cheered and . . .

Then he started to grow up.

Ryan grew up into a very cute teenager.

Kevin's turn was next. He came to his birthday cake, made a wish and blew out the candles.

Everyone cheered and . . .

Then he started to grow up.

Kevin also grew up into a very cute teenager.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 31.2 to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 30 Next: Picket Fences! Part 31.2

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.