Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pleasantview Diaries (14)
Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (13) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (15)

This is a long one ladies and gentlemen, so I hope you throughly enjoy! I've been dazzled by the sudden influx of comments from everyone. They mean so much to me! I read, and reread every single one! Please comment, rate, and thank if you feel so inclined.

BROKE

Brandi Long stood outside with her best friend Kaylynn Lothario. The girls had just ended a fun night of music and dancing in celebration of Brandi’s birthday. “I’m so glad you had a great vacation! And uh, got a little surprise souvenir.” Brandi chuckled and winked at her friend.
Kaylynn blushed and bit her lip bashfully. “Oh hush! I thought I had food poisoning. We weren’t trying, you know. I guess we’re just meant to have another baby.” Kaylynn shrugged.
Brandi laughed. “Well, you look great! And thanks so much for tonight; I had a blast.”
Kaylynn smiled warmly at her friend. “Nonsense, don’t thank me! I’m your friend; it’s my job. I’m glad you had fun though. You deserve it.”

Brandi hugged the woman thankfully and began to say her goodbyes. “Well Kay, I should get back home. All my boys want to have cake with and sing to me; it's getting late.”
Kaylynn tried to keep her composure, giggles almost escaping from her red lips. “Mind if I join? I have…one more surprise for you.”
Brandi raised her eyebrows suspiciously. “Well, I guess not. Sure, come on in.”

The girls clicked in their heels down the sidewalk until they made it to Brandi’s house. Brandi instantly noticed the colorful balloon arch over her front door and smiled knowingly. “Kaylynn…what did you do?”
Kaylynn laughed, pleased with herself. “I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about!”

Kaylynn entered the house first, and Brandi followed. The girls stood in silence and darkness. “Kaylynn, what’s going on?!”
Kaylynn simply laughed and yelled, “Everyone, now!”
Brandi blinked through the dark when suddenly the lights flicked on, unveiling her friends and family. “Surprise!”, everyone yelled and then began roaring with applause and laughter.
Brandi gasped, her face agape with a large smile. “Oh my goodness! Great job everyone, you got me!” Before making her way through the crowd to greet everyone, Brandi mouthed the words “thank you” to Kaylynn.

The surprise birthday party guests laughed, danced, and ate for hours until it was time for cake. Brandi stared at the white frosted dessert while Benjamin added candle after candle. He lighted each one and stepped back, ready to cheer with everyone else. Brandi chuckled at the blazing candles. “I hope I don’t burn the house down!” Everyone laughed as Brandi gulped a little nervously, awaiting her age transition.

Brandi looked around at the loved ones cheering her on. They had each made her life so full. Soon, Brandi would be an old woman; this was her last birthday. She smiled lovingly at each person, trying not to get choked up. There was her best friend, loyal and true, who planned the whole party for her. Then her loving husband who helped rescue her broken family. Her four wonderful sons, each unique but they all made her proud. Last there were her sons’ fiancés and girlfriends, the young women who would teach her sons things she couldn’t and hopefully make her a grandmother one day. Brandi sighed bravely, leaned down, and blew out her candles.

In a flash of confetti and lights, Brandi transformed into an elder. She looked at her now wrinkled hands with a smile, noticing her family still cheering. They will always be here for me, she thought. I really have so much life left to live. With her newfound optimism, Brandi partied the night away with her friends and family until an unwelcomed guest made his appearance.

In walked a police officer, a coworker of Brandi and Kaylynn. They groaned when they saw him, both well aware of what was coming next. “Hey ladies, sorry I have to break up this party. I’m getting complaints from several neighbors though. Everyone needs to head on home.” The officer frowned as the guests sighed and filed out one by one, each making sure to give Brandi a hug before departing.

After everyone left, Carter and Henry helped Benjamin tidy up while Brandi worked on her new look. Now much fairer, she need to lighten up on the eye makeup as well as choose a duller lipstick. Brandi looked in the mirror a little sadly while Benjamin walked in and changed into his pajamas. “I look so…old”, Brandi whined.

Benjamin turned and inspected his aged wife. “It’s not so bad.”
Brandi frowned. “That’s easy for you to say. You’re still all toned and blonde.” She hoped her husband would still find her attractive. He was quite a few years younger than her.

Benjamin chuckled and embraced his wife. “That may be, but I’ll be in the same boat as you soon enough. And in the mean time, I still think you’re beautiful.” Brandi smiled girlishly as Benjamin scooped her up, and carried her to their bed. The couple soon found, much to their delight, that not everything had been changed by the momentous birthday.

DREAMER

Brandi Long was not the only one to have their last birthday in Pleasantview. Soon after hers, Darren Dreamer found himself making a final wish over a birthday cake. His friends and family gathered to celebrate the wonderful father and husband they’d come to know over the years.

Darren poofed into elderhood, admiring his new wrinkles and marveling over the sudden ache in his back. Everyone cheered for the man, but they were all anxious for another birthday that was to take place that same day.

Spunky little Eden Dreamer smirked as she made her birthday wish. She couldn’t wait grow up and get her life started. She had so many plans, big hopes and dreams. The determined child blew out her candles and braced herself for the transformation.

Eden proved to be a beautiful young lady with a well sculpted nose and elegant lips. Everyone congratulated her and hugged Darren as the party continued well into the evening. Eventually the guests went home, and Destiny decided she had to do something about Eden’s wild, black curls.

Destiny dragged Eden upstairs to her bedroom and excitedly slammed the door shut. “You have so much potential! Please, just let me help you!”
Eden was skeptical. “I don’t know…do you have to?”
Destiny was flabbergasted by her niece's question. “Of course! Your appearance is so important and I can make you so beautiful if you just let me do something about that hair!”
Eden narrowed her eyes jokingly and ran her hand through the familiar, mop like hair. “Hey now! My curls are a part of me!”

“Well not anymore! Have a seat, my dear!”
Eden made her way for the small vanity stool reluctantly. “If you insist. If I don’t like it though, I don’t have to keep it. Deal?”
“Sure, sure.” Destiny agreed, but wasn’t really listening, already busy with scissors and eyeliner.

Destiny clipped and applied for what felt like hours to Eden. “Can I please look now?”, the teen begged.
“Yes, now you can, actually. Take a look.” Destiny stood back proudly as Eden peered into the mirror. “Well, what do you think?”
A huge smile formed on Eden’s face as she admired herself. She really was beautiful. Destiny had tamed the beast that was Eden hair, but still allowed for some of her famous curls to stay. She had also accentuated the girl’s features perfectly with a little lipstick and mascara.

Eden engulfed her aunt in a big hug. “I love it, Destiny! Thank you, thank you so much!”
Destiny beamed and hugged her niece back. “See?! I knew you would. You’re welcome.” The girls spent the night together in Destiny’s room, just like they had years ago when it was Destiny’s birthday. This time, they were too grown up to be stopped by Cassandra. They were the best of friends, and promised the would celebrate the rest of their birthdays together.

PLEASANT

Lilith Dreamer was, much to her dislike, spending the day at Clarissa’s Wedding Boutique with her mother, sister, and cousins. The ladies were there for a bridesmaid dress fitting, as well as the unveiling of Angela’s wedding gown. Lilith looked at herself in the tall mirror, scrutinizing the dress. “Angela isn’t serious about these dresses, is she? They’re horrible. And so pink!” Lilith had never been a girly-girl like her twin, but the gumball pink dresses were on the gaudy side.

Tabitha Burb, Lilith and Angela’s cousin, piped up from her seat. “I hope she’s not serious. We look like a cotton candy nightmare!” The sporty college student pouted, slinking down into her seat.

Lilith laughed at her cousin’s remark and joined her family on the light pink couches. Lucy Burb, who was seated with her Aunt Mary Sue, threw her hands into the air in exasperation. “Will you two cut it out?! This is Angela’s wedding and we’re her bridesmaids. This is for her big day, not ours. So we’re going to wear whatever she wants us to wear, got it?!”

“Whatever”, Lilith and Tabitha sulked. “This is exactly why I didn’t have a big, ridiculous wedding. This is all pointless!”
Lucy glared at her cousin. “It’s not pointless! It’s important to Angela!” Mary-Sue sat calmly and listened to her daughter and nieces bicker. They were all so different, but each had a fiery temper. This proves it’s from Daniels side, she thought to herself.

Mary-Sue tuned out the arguing to the best of her ability. It seemed like ages when finally, Angela stepped out of the dressing room and onto the platform in front of them. Everyone went silent, gawking at Angela. The red head beamed. “Well, what do you guys think?”

‘You’re beautiful!”, everyone chimed after a moment of silence. The ladies congratulated Angela, marveling over her beauty. After seeing the tacky bridesmaids dresses, they were each surprised Angela picked out such an elegant, flattering wedding gown.
Angela smiled with approval and turned to admire herself in the mirror. Mary-Sue watched her daughter with pride, trying not to cry.

After the dress had been sufficiently ogled, Angela blissfully returned to the dressing room to change. Before she could slip back into her green sun dress, Mary-Sue approached her daughter in the changing room. She placed her trembling hand on her daughter’s shoulder. “Listen sweetie, I just want you know how beautiful you really look. Not just in that dress, but always. Inside and out. I know it was tough growing up with Lilith. Oh how you two argued! I know we spent a lot of our energy on her and her wild ways. Then Felix came a long. Things have been tough lately too, considering your father and I’s relationship, grandma and grandpa passing. Through everything, you’ve managed to hold your own. “ Mary-Sue choked up. “Just know I love you, and am so proud of you. I know you and Dustin will have a wonderful life together, he’s a good man.”

Angela’s lip quivered and tears welled in her eyes. She’d never heard something so honest and loving from her tough skinned mother. She grabbed Mary-Sue and hugged her tightly. “Thank you so much, for everything. I love you, Mommy.”

SIM STATE UNIVERSITY

Beau Broke stood in front of the house he would call home for the next few years and groaned. “Why me?! Why here!?” The unlucky lad moved to Sim State only to find that the Pinenut Plaza dorms where all his friends and family were staying were completely full. Rather than move into a new dorm lodge all alone, Beau decided to take a chance and move into the Bright household.

The Bright household was privately owned, and composed of three Sim State students. They just so happened to have room for one more male. Although Beau was leery about moving in with three complete strangers, he’d rather that then live all alone in an empty dorm lodge. So, he introduced himself one by one to his new housemates hoping to make friends, or maybe even finally meet that special lady. Jane Stacks was the first to make Beau’s acquaintance. Jane was a pretty girl, very nice and by far the most normal in the Bright house. She was very much like Beau though, shy and the underdog type resulting in nothing more than a good friendship between the two.

Beau met Martin Ruben, his roommate next. Martin was an eccentric young man who often made the rather average Beau feel uncomfortable. Martin had very large ears and liked to talk about cooking and science rather obsessively. Beau thought he made weird faces and would probably not make a much better wingman than his lustful brother, Henry.

The last of the housemates was Allegra Gorey, a dark natured girl with serious attitude. Despite secluding herself from the students of Sim State, Allegra had quite the reputation around campus. She was a notorious “goth”, a typical bad girl who wasn’t afraid to get dirty.

Allegra terrified the simplistic Beau; he’d never seen or met any woman like her. Fearful, he never introduced himself. Despite his fright, he was transfixed. Allegra was like a black widow spider. Horrifying, yet such a delicate, miraculous creature you just can’t bring yourself to look away from it. Always keeping his distance, Beau followed the raven haired girl around like a lost puppy just to observe her and drink her in.

Beau stalked Allegra for half a semester and found no other girls that caught his eye. He finally decided to formally introduce himself and ask her out. With his heart pounding almost audibly, Beau meekly approached Allegra in their living room. “H-hey Allegra…”, he laughed nervously. “Fancy seeing you here…”
Allegra screwed up her face and made a disgusted noise. “Is that supposed to be a joke? We live together, Beau.”

Beau began to sweat and thought he might faint. “Oh…you’re right. Well, I wasn’t sure if you’d noticed me. I’ve noticed you though, a lot. As a matter of fact, I haven’t been able to get you out of my head. I just wanted to let you know that. I want you to know that I think you’re really beautiful and mysterious. I want to get to know you better…maybe we could go out sometime.” The room began to spin a little as Beau thought his vision seemed a tad blurry. His sudden surge of bravery shocked him almost enough to face plant on the white carpet.

Allegra’s face softened and she clasped her hands against her heart. She’d never heard such flattery from any man before. Most of the guys she knew just taunted her, and talked about her behind her back. Men were afraid of her, threatened by her fierceness. She looked earnestly into Beau’s blue eyes and melted. “You’re…you’re asking me out?”
Completely surprised by Allegra’s sudden change of heart, Beau fumbled his words. “Well yeah if that’s okay. You don’t have to, I mean, if you want…”

Allegra cut off Beau’s babbling. “That’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me!” Before Beau could respond, Allegra threw her arms around him and planted a big kiss on his face. Beau stared awkwardly at Allegra kissing him, eyes wide and in shock. There had been no time for Beau to feel awkward about his first kiss.

Soon enough, that didn’t matter and Beau got the hang of kissing quickly. Immediately after their first kiss, Allegra threw Beau onto the couch and pounced. The two stayed intertwined on the white leather for what seemed like hours, and became inseparable for much longer after that.

Back in the Pinenut Plaza dorms, Alexander Goth was trying in vain to get some extra credit homework done. The loud music from downstairs was practically shaking the thin walls of his room. What could those imbeciles possibly be doing down there?, he wondered. After a couple crashing sounds accompanied by gleeful shrieks and laughter, Alex decided he’d better investigate.

He made his way downstairs and down the hall to find a small mob of people in the living room. Some he recognized, others were new faces. This must be a party, he thought to himself. Alexander tapped his foot nervously, observing the guests laughing and drinking. He scanned the room for Lucy Burb, his best friend. He thought she’d surely help him get past his social awkwardness and successfully mingle. After several minutes of sifting through faces, he decided to try another room.

Alexander strolled into the kitchen and immediately found Lucy. She was alone in the corner with a strange boy Alex had never seen before. An odd, unfamiliar feeling crept up in Alex's stomach as he realized he did not like how close the young man was standing next to Lucy, whispering in her ear. “Lucy…”, Alex attempted to interrupt the little pow wow when the pair burst into laughter, ignoring Alex.

Alex’s cheeks grew hot and he wedged himself between the two. “Lucy, can we talk for a minute? In private[/Iun]?” Alex shot the boy a threatening look and pulled Lucy aside. The boy didn't seem to care and began to occupy himself with the juice keg.
Oblivious, Lucy smiled brightly and nodded. “Sure, Alex!”

Alexander and Lucy scurried away from the party and met in Angela’s dorm room, it being unlocked and closer than their rooms all the way on the second floor. Lucy began, still unaware of Alex’s jealousy. “What’s up, Al? Music too loud for you?”
Alex frowned. “Yes, actually. It’s impossible to get anything done around here under these circumstances. But that’s besides the point now. Who was that hippie you were talking to, [I]alone
out there?” Alex crossed his arms in a fatherly fashion and waited for a response.

Lucy thought to herself a moment and then responded. “Hippie...? Oh! You mean Tristan? He’s…”
Now angry, Alexander cut her off and began wagging his finger. “He’s nobody you should be talking to like that fashion! I can’t believe such a respectable, beautiful girl like yourself would even consider engaging with that hooligan! What were you thinking?! He’s not good enough for you!”

Lucy was now angered herself. “Oh? You’re unbelievable! Who should I be with then Alex, somebody like you? Somebody with his head so far up his scientific butt he doesn’t have any time for a 'beautiful', 'respectable' girl?”
Alexander fumed. “I’m unbelievable!? I told you point blank I didn’t have time for dating, Lucy! Then you just had to keep pushing my buttons! Distracting me with those big, brown eyes and dazzling me with your intelligence! I didn’t ask you to steal my heart!”
Lucy threw her hands in the air and yelled. “Do you even hear yourself?!”

The two continued their argument, shouting over one another so that nothing could be heard. Upon realizing they were getting nowhere with their debate, they simultaneously leaned in and began jabbing each other in the chest screaming, “You’re impossible!” They froze, realizing how stupid their fight was and how incredibly close their faces were. Their expressions softened as Lucy blinked up at Alexander with her doe brown eyes, taking his breath away.

Their hearts began to pound as Alexander threw caution to the wind and embraced Lucy, kissing her passionately. The world melted away around the two as their lips moved. Alex’s mind was for once empty while Lucy simply absorbed the kind of love she thought she’d never get from her prince charming.

The couple released their lip lock for a moment to take a breath and laugh at themselves. They stared into each other’s eyes lovingly when Lucy broke the silence. “By the way Alex...that 'hippie', Tristan, is my little brother.”
For once, Alexander didn’t know what to say. He had been duped. He stared at Lucy, shocked. A laugh bubbled out of her, and she pulled Alex in for another kiss.

Click Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (15) to continue...

Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (13) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (15)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.