Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 32.2
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 32.1 Next: Picket Fences! Part 33.1

Picket Fences! Part 32.2

Over at the Anderson house . . .

"Are you sure you're going to like living alone. It might get awful lonely", said Joy.
"Mom, between working and keeping house, I'm not going to have time to get lonely", Arlene said.

Arlene looked in the newspaper and found an opening in the Child Welfare Office as a minivan driver. She took the job. Then she checked and the apartment was still available.

Arlene walked out the front door and got into the waiting taxicab.

She was an independant adult now. She could make her own decisions and do whatever she pleased.

The taxicab took her to her new place on Main Street. It's only a few blocks from her parents' house, but it's a whole different world.

Arlene entered her new apartment. The landlord had done a nice job of redecorating. There was various shades and patterns of blue (Rhys' favorite color), which she had requested, but it still looked feminine.

When she heard someone knocking at the door and went to answer it.
"Hi, I'm Regan Tyler. I live in the apartment downstairs", Regan said.
"Glad to meet you. I'm Arlene Anderson", said Arlene.

"Come on in. I just made a fresh pot of coffee", said Arlene.
"Well, just for a few minutes. My carpool will be here soon", said Regan.

"This apartment looks really nice now. The former tenant had terrible taste in colors", said Regan.

"What kind of work do you do?", asked Arlene.
"I'm a professional photographer. If you ever need some portraits taken, I'm your girl!", said Regan, "What kind of work do you do?"

"I took a job as a minivan driver for the Child Welfare Office. I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not yet", said Arlene.

"Oh, my carpool's here. I better go", said Regan.

Regan got in the van and left to go to work.

After her neighbor left, Arlene lay on her and thought about Rhys. He was the reason she moved to her own place.

She took a leisurely bath . . .

Then called a Sim . . .
"Hey Rhys! I just moved into my own place on Main Street. Can you come over?", she asked.

"Sure, I ain't got nothing else to do", he said, "I'll be there in a few minutes."

Arlene went into the kitchen and talked to a flour sack baby. One of her wants is to have a baby and the one who can make that a reality is on his way over.

She hid it behind her back when she heard Rhys' car pull up in the driveway.

Rhys walked in the door and she greeted him with a friendly hug.

"Let me show you the proper way to greet a gentleman caller", he said.

Then he gave her a romantic kiss.

"Come 'mon, let's dance", he said.

"Let's sit down and rest", said Rhys.

"I was gonna tell you how beautiful you are at the party, but with so many people around . . . well, you know", he said.

"That's alright, I'm rather you waited until we were alone like this", she said.

"I almost changed my mind about calling you today. I was afraid you wouldn't come", Arlene said.
"I always visit a beautiful woman when she calls", he said.

Then he gave her a romantic kiss and she kissed him back.

Then Rhys tried to makeout and . . .

Arlene pushed him away . . .
"NO!", she screamed.

"WHY?", cried Rhys.
"I'm not doing THAT until I'm married", she said.

"I think you broke my nose . . .

"And my head hurts", he complained.
"It's your own fault for trying to attack me", said Arlene.

"I didn't try to attack you! We both know that's why you invited me over!", shouted Rhys.
"No, I just wanted to be with you", she said.

"I don't need to force some goody-two-shoes female to makeout with me. There's plenty of women in this town who will do it willingly", he said.

As Rhys walked out the door . . .

He got in his car and went home with nothing hurt but his pride..

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 33.1 to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 32.1 Next: Picket Fences! Part 33.1

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.