Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Take Care 1.14: A Night To Remember (Part 1)
Back to: Take Care 1.13: New Dreams (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.14: A Night To Remember (Part 2)

Theme Song: Imagine Dragons "Bleeding Out"
________________________________________________________________________________________

The sidewalks were filled with constant bustling and the streets cluttered with constant traffic.
There was no such thing as a quiet place in New York City. Skyscrapers touched the sky and
the air smelt of gas with a hint of some of the local food carts. Hustlers pestered nearby civilians
with their merchandise and the police stood watch on every corner.

"God, this place is busy", said Jenny as she stood in front of the subway staring at the towering buildings.
"Indeed", said a man who was peering around the corner.

Jenny dropped her gaze and swiftly turned her head to the stranger walking towards her.
Once her eyes met with him, she knew who he was exactly on the spot.
"Dad?" she said breath taken.

"You haven't even met me yet, and you already knew who I am", Steffen chuckled.
Jenny didn't say anything back, she froze staring at the man. Their resemblance was rather apparent.
If anyone were to put the two in room together, they would know from the jump that they were related.

"Welcome to The Big Apple, Jenny", Steffen said.
"Oh..yeah, this place is really different from Cali", Jenny finally spoke.
Steffen laughed, "You'll get used to it, just stick to me and you won't get mugged".
"Mugged?! Are you serious?" said Jenny clinging to her belongings.
"I'm only kidding..a little. Just don't be too careless", chuckled Steffen, "Give your old man a hug!"

Steffen pecked her on the head, "I'm glad you came, really".
"Me too...dad", Jenny still felt a little awkward calling him dad, after all they just met.
"You don't have to call me dad if you don't want to. I understand if it's a little weird", said Steffen.
"What is he? A mind reader?" thought Jenny, "Okay".
"Just call me Steffen, I won't be bothered", he said.

"Well leaving it at that, how about I show you where I work?" asked Steffen.
"At the record company? Can I really?" said Jenny intrigued.
"Yeah, I'll let you meet the boys I'm working with", said Steffen taking her bags.
"Cool!" Jenny smiled.
________________________________________________________________________________________

"I wonder how she's doing? She still hasn't texted me or called me yet", thought Dylan.

"God dammit! How do you keep killing me?!" Jasper wailed at his older brother.
"Pay attention and take some lessons squirt", Dylan smirked as he continued to play the video game.
"Haha, very funny. Anyways, aren't you supposed to be at prom?" asked Jasper.
"No, Jen's not here. So I didn't want to go without her", replied Dylan.

"So instead you'd rather stay here and whoop me in CoD?!" Jasper angrily yelled.
"Honestly..I wasn't even trying", Dylan lied as he stuck his tongue out.
"Are you saying that I suck? I will punch you!" Jasper threatened.
"You have to be this tall to punch me, Jasper", Dylan mocked him.
"We'll see about that", Jasper said reaching for Dylan.
Interrupted, Dylan's phone began to ring.
"Jenny?" he thought.

Without even taking a glimpse at the called ID, Dylan quickly answered, "Hello?"
"Dylan, is Jenny with you?" asked a familiar voice.
"Who's this?" asked Dylan.
"It's me, Caroline. Jenny hasn't been answering my calls. Where is she?" Caroline asked concerned.
"She's with..her dad", Dylan hesitated.
"Keith said she's not there-"
"Her real dad", Dylan emphasized.

"What did you just say?!" Caroline shrieked.
"She's with-"
"What were you thinking letting her go see him!" Caroline panicked, "Tell her to come home, now!"
"I didn't think it was such a big deal", said Dylan, trying to stay composed.
"Of course it is! That man is not to be trusted", said Caroline.

"Whoa, what?! Now you really need to explain to me what is going on", Dylan constrained.
"Dylan, I don't care if I have to fly you on a jet to New York City. Do whatever you can to
bring Jenny home. She cannot trust Steffen no matter what", Caroline cried.
"Okay, okay...I'll bring Jenny home", Dylan assured her, "But can you at least give me some details".
Kyle

"Kyle, please make sure that you keep a good eye on my daughter tonight", said Harry worried,
"There's no telling where that Riley kid could be lurking, so be extra cautious".
"No need to worry Mr. Lutz, Mimi is safe with me", I said reassuring him.

"So you're Mimi's date?" asked Roxy, Mimi's little sister "How the heck are you her date? Is she blackmailing you?"
"Roxy", Harry warned.
I laughed, "No, I'm her date because I want to be".
"Kyle, I won't berate you because of this..if you promise to be my date to prom", she gushed.
"Roxy, your prom isn't for another five years", Harry said as he looked at me crisply.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked puzzled.
"Don't worry Kyle, I'll wait for you", Roxy whispered to me winking.
I heard someone clear their throat from behind me, I turned around.

"So, how do I look?" smiled Mimi as she twirled around in her beautiful dress.
I could see that her ankle got a little better from how it was before.
I stared at her as I finally came to my senses, "Do you really have to ask me that? You look stunning", I laughed.
"Okay, kids save it for the dance", said Harry.
"Yes, let's take pictures now", suggested Naomi as she handed her husband the camera.

"Alright, get closer" ordered Harry
"Smile Mimi", said Naomi.
"I am smiling, how much more do you want me to smile?" grunted Mimi.
"Come on you two, closer", again ordered Harry as we got closer to each other, "Closer".
"Sir, I think we're as close as possible", I laughed.
Me and Mimi were so close that they could've mistaken us for conjoined twins.

"Kyle, put your arm around her" Harry implied.
I coughed, "What?"
"Dad!", groaned Mimi embarrassed.
"I know you want to, just do it", Harry said.
Of course I want to, I just wasn't sure if you'd kill me or not.
"Kyle, if you're serious about my daughter put your arm around her right now", advised Harry.
"Dear, stop enticing the poor boy", said Naomi.

Without even thinking I placed my arms around Mimi in an instant.
"K-kyle?" You don't have to listen him", Mimi nervously said as I held her.
"I know, but I want to", I smiled. I saw as Mimi's face began to flush bright red.
I just wanted to prove to Mimi and her father that I am serious about her.

"Is this good?" I asked.
"Yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about, a memorable photo", Harry said pleased.
"Just take the picture already, you've embarrassed me enough for today", said Mimi.
"Yeah, the others are probably getting impatient just sitting in the limo waiting for us", I mentioned.

I heard the music getting louder and louder as we approached the entrance.
"Too bad Jenny couldn't make it", said Asia.
"Yeah, she texted me earlier. She said she was glad she went to New York", informed Mimi.
"Really? Huh, I hope it works out", Asia skeptically said.
"Why do you say it like that?" asked Mimi.
"I don't know I just think it's...odd", said Asia.
"Asia, you were always known for your paranoia", Mimi laughed.

"Even though Jenny isn't here, Dylan still should've came with us", said Flint.
"Yeah, he could've been Anthony's date", I teased.
"Shut up", laughed Anthony.

"Oh crap", Asia blurted out.
"What is it?" Mimi said worried.
"I forgot my cell in the car. Flint's mother insisted that I call her every few minutes", Asia said flustered.
"Gosh, don't worry me like that", sighed Mimi in relief, "I'll go get it so don't worry about it".
"Thanks, you're a lifesaver", Asia smiled.

"Alright, on the count of three!".

"Oh, hey look guys! Let's get our pictures taken", Flint said excited.
"Yeah, it's better that we get that out of the way", Asia agreed.
Anthony scratched his head uncomfortably, "Ugh..I'll go wait inside".
"Hey Ant, if you want I can take my picture with you", I said winking at him.
Everyone began to laugh, "Shut up already", groaned Anthony.

"Alright Mimi-" I stopped speaking as I saw that Mimi wasn't behind me.
In fact, she wasn't even present at all. Where did she go? "Hey guys, where's Mimi?" I asked.
"Oh, Mimi went to the limo to get my cellphone for me", Asia informed me.
"What?! Why didn't you say anything to me?!" I panicked.
"Whoa Kyle, what's the big deal?" asked Flint who started to worry.
"It's nothing..nothing", I said hesitant.
"It's not nothing, you're flipping out and I can see you sweating from right here", Anthony observed.
"Look, I'll be right back", I said running towards the exit.

"Hey Kyle!" Anthony shouted, "What's gotten into him?"
"I don't know, maybe he's the possessive type", Flint chuckled.
"Kyle? Possessive? I would've never thought", Asia pondered.
"Something isn't right here", contemplated Anthony.

"Oh my gosh, where in the world is her cellphone?" said Mimi getting agitated.
She had been scouring the limousine for the past ten minutes and couldn't find a single trace to
where Asia had left her cellphone.

"I swear if it's in her purse, she'll pay", Mimi said as she got tired of searching.
"Perhaps if I call I can find it much easier", thought Mimi as she dialed Asia's phone number.
She heard as Asia's cellphone began to vibrate from in between the seat cushions.
Mimi sighed, "Why didn't I think of this before?"
Mimi froze as she heard footsteps go past her, "Asia if that's you, I found your stinking cellphone".
"...Asia?"

I dashed to the parking lot without any moment to spare. I quickly examined the area, there was no sign of
Mimi. The limousine must've been parked all the way in the back of the parking lot somewhere.
I can't believe that I let her out of my sight for one second. She should've been walking in front of me.
And not to mention her dad even told me to keep an eye on her.
How is he supposed to trust me with her again if anything happens to her?
He is so going kill me.

I halted at the sight of a black limousine pulling out of the parking lot, it looked exactly like ours.
My eyes expanded once I saw who was driving the vehicle, Riley. I should've known he'd be here and
looking for...Mimi. Wait, Mimi was going back to the limo.
"Oh no..don't tell me-"

I triggered my legs once again, running at the limousine.
"Riley! What the hell do yo think you're doing?!" I shouted.
I could barely see his face, but I knew he heard me once he sped around the corner.
I ran into the street trying to cut him off, "Riley! You freak, let her go!"

"Stop!" I hollered.
I stood in the street signaling for him stop, hoping that he would stop.
But he didn't, instead he persistently sped up the limo with the intention to run me down
instead of driving around me. I closed my eyes as I stood there waiting for the heavy impact
that could end my life.

My heart began to beat like a drum inside my chest as the headlights became brighter and brighter.
"Move out of the way!" said a familiar voice.
Their footsteps loudly hit the pavement, rushing at me full force.
My body was braced for an impact but not like what I was expecting.
I felt this person, with all their might, drift me towards the sidewalk.

From nearly being roadkill, I gazed up to look at my savior.
"Anthony?" I said dumbfounded.
"I told you, you should've tipped the limousine driver", said Anthony breathing heavily.
The limo, I quickly turned my head at the limo as it sped off through the dark streets.
Mimi, she's with Riley now.

"What the hell", Anthony panted, "Is going on?"
"Anthony, why'd you follow me?" I asked curiously.
He was still catching his breath, "You were acting strange back there".
"Well, it's a good thing you were here", I sighed with relief, "I could've became a pancake".
"Yeah, but really dude. What just happened? Why is our limo driver trying to run you over?" he asked
concerned, "Did we hire a psycho or something?"

"How about I just give you the short version?" I said, "Mimi is in that limo, and in that limo driving it is
Riley crazy Batchet. He's a deranged lunatic whose been stalking Mimi, for who knows how long. But
right now we need to get some help, fast!" I told him.
"And you've kept this to yourself for how long?!" Anthony angrily yelled, "You should told me! You
should've told us that-"
"I know! But hurry up and get off me, we need to find out where he's taking her fast, Ant!" I said shrugging him off of me.

"Wait Kyle! The police station is that way", Anthony pinpointed.
"And the direction Riley took Mimi, is that way!" I said.
"What are you going to be able to do for her, Kyle? Let the police handle this", said Anthony.
"Anthony, I've let the police handle this for months and look what happened", I said.
"Kyle, look out!" Anthony shouted becoming agitated.

I turned around when I heard the sound of a car screeching in front of my path.
"For goodness sake, Kyle. Could you try not to get hit by anymore cars tonight?" said Anthony aggravated.
"My bad! Hey wait...you're-" I wondered off as I looked at the driver.

"You're that fed, Chris Farlind. What are you doing here?" I asked confused.
"Wait right there, where's your date?" Chris ignored my question.
Mr. Lutz must've sent him to keep an eye on us in case anything happened.
"Riley got to her, you have to take me in the same direction he went in!" I distressed.
"Whoa kid, calm down and tell me what exactly happened", said Chris.

"There's no time to explain, we need to quickly follow Riley", I encouraged, "C'mon Anthony!"
"Hey, hey! Who said anything about letting you two get in my car?" said Chris.
"Sure Kyle, let's just follow the crazy lunatic to his hideaway", Anthony sarcastically said, "Chris, just let us get in the car so he can calm down".
"Wait, you two know each other?" I asked.
"Long story", they said in sync.

"I see, so it's come down to this", said Harry.
"Yes sir, it has. I've been surveying Riley for the past couple of weeks as you asked", said Chris,"But his trail went cold when his sister left town".
"Did you find anything useful?" asked Harry.
"No sir, I didn't. The only thing I can tell you is that he was constantly at an internet cafe", said Chris.
"Perhaps he was aware of you", said Harry, "Well for now, continue to follow his trail".

"Yes sir, right now I am following the direction he drove off in", said Chris.
"Right now I'm heading to the station. Give me the name of the street and I can look at the surveillance feeds", Harry explained.
"The name of the street is Pomona Avenue", Chris informed him.
"Okay, drive around and let me know if you come across any suspicious activity. I'll call you if I see anything
on the surveillance", said Harry.

"How are you feeling Asia? Are you okay?" Flint asked.
"Stop asking me if I'm alright, I'm fine" Asia giggled, "You've asked me that ten times already".
"Oh really? I hadn't noticed", said Flint realizing it, "I'm only worried about you".
"I know, but let's not worry. Tonight let's just have fun", said Asia.
"Yeah, you're right. Are you thirsty? I'll get you some punch", offered Flint.

"Flint, make that a water", said Asia, "I don't think I want to go near any punch for a while".
"Ah..yeah, that's right", laughed Flint, "I wonder where the others are".
"I'll wait right here-", said Asia.

Asia stopped in the middle of her sentence when she suddenly felt something trickling in her body.
"What's this weird feeling?" she thought, "Maybe I should sit down".
Slowly, Asia began to walk over to the nearest chair until she felt an unsustainable feeling surge through her body.

"Oh my god, did you just pee yourself?" asked Sophie.
"I..don't know", said Asia embarrassed, "I don't think I did".
"Sophie, that's not pee", Monica stated.

"Asia, did you pee yourself again? Don't move! Don't move or you'll slip-" Flint frantically worried.
"Flint!" yelped Asia, "This is not pee".
"What? Not pee? Then how do you explain-"
"Flint, the baby is coming", said Asia.
"Oh boy", gulped Flint.

Click Next: Take Care 1.14: A Night To Remember (Part 2) to continue...

Back to: Take Care 1.13: New Dreams (Part 3) Next: Take Care 1.14: A Night To Remember (Part 2)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.