Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 38 Anderson & Martin Wedding
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 37.2 Next: Picket Fences! Part 39.1 Alan & King Wedding

Picket Fences! Part 38

You're Invited to Arlene and Jimmy's wedding ceremony and reception!

At Buford Falls Church the wedding of Arlene Anderson and James Martin is about to begin . . .

"Welcome family, friends and loved ones. We gather here today to celebrate the wedding of Jimmy and Arlene. We share in this public commitment they make to one another, offer our love and support, so they may start their married life together surrounded by the people dearest and most important to them", said Rev. Joseph Woods.

The bride's parents Joy and Larry Anderson were seated on one of the front pews.

The bride's brother Kevin Anderson was seated with his maternal grandmother Joyce Evans.

The bride's best friends and long-time neighbors Mary Lou and Peter Edwards were seated together. The couple are also friends and long-time neighbors of the groom.

The groom's parents Sam and Emily were seated on the other front pew.

Carrie Edwards (MaryLou and Peter's daughter) was seated with the groom's sister Nancy Martin.

The bride and groom's longtime neighbors and friends Ben and Betty Jones were seated together.

The bride and groom's best friends Mike and Judy Jones (Ben and Betty's son and daughter) were seated together.

Jimmy and his Best Man Nathan (his younger brother) stood at the alter to await the bride.

Bride's maid Julie Edwards, Arlene's best friend entered the church and walked down the aisle. She was wearing a floor length pink gown trimmed in white lace.

The bride entered the church and walked down the aisle. She was wearing a floor length white gown trimmed in white lace.

The bride Arlene joined her groom Jimmy under the pink flowered wedding arch.

"No ceremony can create a marriage. What a ceremony can do is whitness and affirm the choice to stand together as life mates and partners."

"So I ask now, Jimmy, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife?", asked Rev. Woods.

" I do", Jimmy said.

"Arlene, do you take this man to be your wedded husband?", he asked.

"I do", said Arlene.

Jimmy held up a plain gold wedding band . . .

As he placed it on Arlene's finger he said "I give you this ring, as a daily reminder of my love and lifelong commitment to you."

Arlene placed a matching gold wedding band on Jimmy's finger and said "I give you this ring, as a daily reminder of my love and lifelong commitment to you."

"It is with great honor and by the power of your love and commitment and by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife", said the pastor, "Jimmy, you may kiss your bride.".

Then Jimmy gave Arlene a romantic kiss.

"I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. James Martin", Rev. Woods announced.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held in the church social hall behind the church.

Arlene cut the first slice of wedding cake . . .

And fed it to Jimmy with a fork.

The bride's father Larry proposed the first toast to the newlyweds . . .
"Arlene's mother and I would like to welcome Jimmy to our family. We hope he and our daughter have a long and happy marriage." Jimmy and Arlene joined in the toast.

Sam and Emily Martin joined in the toast.

Then the groom's father Sam proposed a toast to the bride . . .
"Arlene, welcome to our family! We hope you'll be as happy with Jimmy as we've been."

The twins Nancy and Nathan joined in the toast.

Larry and Kevin joined in the toast.

At the end of the reception, the bride and groom came out of the church . . .

And got into the taxicab that will take them to their newly decorated apartment where they will start their life together as husband and wife.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 39.1 Alan & King Wedding to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 37.2 Next: Picket Fences! Part 39.1 Alan & King Wedding

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.