Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pleasantview Diaries (19)
Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (18) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (20)

Holy moly! I know it's been forever since I've posted, and I am very sorry. Unfortunately, things like real life got in the way of that. School has started back up for me, and my first year of college is proving to keep me very busy. Because of that, I can't promise that I'll be uploading weekly anymore. But I do promise that the story is NOT going anywhere. I will try to upload as often as I can. Please enjoy this chapter and keep up the wonderful feedback!

For the readers (if there are any) who do not have an account on MTS, I've decided to provide my email address. Please, if you read and enjoy the story don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. If you do have an account here, you can just comment or send me a PM.

Several people have alerted me that the characters are getting hard to keep track of. Who's related to who and why, names and dates yadda yadda. Considering the nature of my story, knowing that information is pretty important. To help everyone out, I've created an interactive family tree. It's pretty neat, so you should check it out. Especially if you're struggling with names and faces while reading the story. It's up to date with the story as of now. I will try to keep it up to date. So I guess, spoiler alert, don't look at it unless you're up to date with and have read the latest chapter. Here is the link to view it. There is also a link on my profile as well as in my signature. Hope it helps, let me know how you like it!

So now that all my rambling is done...

LOTHARIO

“Is it crazy that I’m so excited for tonight?” Kaylynn Lothario asked her husband as she placed her hand on his shoulder.
Don smiled at his wife and began to embrace her. “Of course not! Even though we’re about to get all saggy and grey, it’s still our birthday!”

Don kissed Kaylynn passionately and smiled his electric smile. “This is going to be one hell of a party!” The couple had spent most of the summer redesigning and redecorating their roof to make it into a rad living space. Now fall was upon Pleasantview, and the Lotharios decided it was time to break the deck in.

The sun went down and the party guests began to arrive one by one. Don sighed happily and decided to be the first at the of the night to age up. He stood in front of the cake, blazing with too many blue candles for his taste. His friends and family stood around him cheering for their friend, father, and husband. I never thought I’d be here; not like this. It’s been a hell of a ride. I’ve come a long way, Don thought to himself as he blew on the candles, extinguishing the ample flames.

Don sat back and waited for the inevitable transformation to take over his body. With color and light, Don changed into an elder. The guests whooped and hollered while Don inspected his new body with unsure eyes. He wondered if he could still be a ladies man now that he was an old man.

Before cake could be served, Kaylynn saw a perfect opportunity for a picture. “Stop right there! Nobody move!” Kaylynn whipped out her camera while her children and step children let out a groan simultaneously.
Carmen whined through smiling teeth. “Mom, this is like the hundredth thousandth picture you’ve taken!”
Kaylynn laughed while her camera clicked and flashed. “What?! This is the first time the four of you have all been together. I’m so happy you’ve all met and made friends.”
“Don’t listen to her, Carmen. Mom is just trying to stall because she knows it’s her turn to age now.” Ricardo said to his little half sister playfully. Ricardo had started referring to Kaylynn as "Mom" since the incident with Dina, his biological mother.

Kaylynn bit the bullet and walked over to her cake. She knew there was no stopping this birthday, so she might as well accept it with finesse. As she thought about what she might wish for, Kaylynn recalled the years she spent aching for children and a family. Love had found her a husband, and circumstance had brought her four wonderful children. I’ve got everything I’ve really always wanted right here with me, she thought. She smiled, a peaceful expression on her face, and blew out her candles.

When the candles were extinguished, Kaylynn clapped jubilantly. She felt her skin begin to tingle as her body started jerking uncontrollably. It had been a long time since her last birthday, and Kaylynn forgot what it really felt like to age. Finally, in a burst of confetti, Kaylynn changed into her elderly form.

Everyone laughed and talked for the remainder of the party, reminiscing and creating new memories. After the last guest left, Kaylynn and Don scurried off to their familiar bedroom where they tested out their unfamiliar bodies. Much to Don’s delight, everything still worked just as well as it did in the hot tub before the birthday party. The couple held hands in bed and smiled at each other lovingly. “Thank you,” Kaylynn whispered.
Don smiled, puzzled. “For what?” He asked while rubbing his wife’s hand.
“For staying by my side all these years. I love you.”
Don kissed Kaylynn’s hand. “I love you too.”

CALIENTE

Jane Stacks, soon to be Jane Caliente, stood proudly in her fiancée's aunt’s new dining room. A recent college graduate, Jane had quickly found a job as an architect. Nina Caliente had become acquainted with Jane, and hired her to build and design a new bathroom and dining room in her home. Jane was happy to help a future family member, and admired her work with a sense of satisfaction.

A bathroom and dining room were not the only new things in the Caliente house; Dina Goth had moved back in with her twin sister. Nina’s birthday resolution had been to grow closer with her family. When Dina was diagnosed with schizophrenia, Nina saw it as the perfect opportunity to make up for lost years. Rather than have Dina rot away in the psych ward, Nina took responsibility for her twin and had her move back into their old house.
It was hard at first; Dina took a while to adjust and stop asking about Don and her "baby", Ricardo. Eventually, Dina reverted to a happier time in her life. Despite Nina’s dutiful care, Dina still managed to engage in bizarre activities like eating moldy sandwiches on the roof at 3 in the morning.

Despite her strange behaviors, Nina was glad to have her old sister back, and enjoyed the company.
“Nina! I’m so glad I caught you before work. I just wanted to say thank for letting me move in with you. I just didn’t know where I would end up when Michael died.”
Nina played along, like always.“Yeah, don't mention. It’s no problem, sis.”

Dina leaned in closely to her twin. “I’ll tell you what, I’m glad that old fart died. You know why I married him, don’t you?”
Nina winced. “For his money?”
“Yeah! And I didn’t get one cent! He left everything to his pretty little sister, Bella. I’m not worried though, she’ll get what she deserves. Seriously though, I hope something awful happens to her. I never want to see her again.”
Nina frowned. This was not the part of her sister she missed.

Later that night, Nina hobbled up the stairs to bed only to find Dina sound asleep in the wrong room. Nina sighed. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t get Dina to sleep in her old room. She always ended up in Nina’s bed.

Nina’s heart softened as she watched her sister’s breaths rise and fall. She crept over to her dresser and slipped on her zebra print night gown. Rather than kick her out of the bed yet again, Nina lifted the covers gingerly and slipped into bed.

Nina kissed the back of her sister’s head; a face full of silver hair that used to be a shining blonde. It’s just like when we were kids. Another sleepover, Nina thought to herself. “Buenas noches, mi hermana.” Nina whispered and turned off the light.

GOTH

Alexander Goth and his fiancée Lucy Burb stood outside in the backyard of the Goth mansion, finally ready to be wed in their new home.
After receiving ownership of the Goth family assets, Ricardo Caliente decided to return the mansion and fortune to its rightful owners. His step sister Cassandra Dreamer became the legal owner of her late father’s fortune. With her own money, home, and family, Cassandra decided to pass everything on to her younger brother, Alex. He was a new college graduate and needed a place to bring his home fiancée and start their lives together. So as tradition would call, Lucy and Alex were wed under the family wedding arch.

Surrounded by friends and family, Lucy and Alex said their highly anticipated vows.
“Alex, from my first day at Sim State I knew you were the one for me. I promise to love you forever and always with faithfulness and it’ll be hard, but patience.”
“Lucy, I know it took me quite a long while, but I am now completely certain that you are the woman I want to be by my side for the rest of my days. We will face the world together, partners in crime, and science of course. I love you, my dear.”

The couples’ vows created a considerable amount of laughs and tears from the audience. Everyone was elated to see the two together and so incredibly happy. The crowd stood to clap and cheer as Lucy and Alexander shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

After the romantic portion of the wedding subsided, Lucy cranked up the music and began to have fun with her husband and guests. Everyone talked and danced, and even laughed at Alex when Lucy shoved a huge piece of wedding cake into his mouth.

A delicate clinking sound turned everyone’s heads just as they finished munching on the cake. The guests saw Angela standing up with a smile on her face and a champagne glass in her hand. “A toast”, she declared, “To my beautiful cousin and her dashing new husband. Two of my best friends, some of my favorite people in the world.” The wedding party smiled and joined Angela.

The crowd grew quiet, holding their glasses in anticipation. While resting comfortably in Alex’s arms, Lucy looked on to her cousin happily. Angela cleared her throat. “Now, I know none of us thought we would ever see this day. Well, some of us did and those of us have a hefty chunk of bet money in our pockets. But whether or not we thought these two love birds would tie the knot, all of us are so delighted they did, and privileged to share the day with them. Lucy, my maid of honor, cousin, and best friend. I wish you all the happiness in the world, even though I know you now have exactly what you’ve always wanted. I know you’ll take great care of her Alex. I love you both so much. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! To the happy couple” Everyone cheered loudly and tipped back their glasses, filling the backyard with pure happiness.

After the guests left, Lucy and Alex made their way to their bedroom. Alex sat down on the bed and smoothed his hands over the sheets, trying to stall. He was far too nervous to face his wife; his heart pounded wildly. He knew what was to come next, naturally. He felt Lucy join him on the bed; he thought he might faint. Lucy grabbed Alexander’s shoulder and pulled him down onto the bed. “Hey you, I think I can hear your heart beating all the way over here.” She chuckled and smiled lovingly at her husband.

Alex thought his vision was starting to blur; he felt sweaty. “I think… I’m going into shock. I’m sorry…I wanted this to be romantic. I just…can’t…so nervous.” Alex gluped; he had never struggled with his words before.
Lucy leaned over Alex. “You’re not going to shock! Don’t be nervous. It’s just me.” She kissed his forehead.
“I’ve never done this before.” He closed his eyes.
“That makes two of us.” Lucy smiled. “It will be perfect.”

Click Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (20) to continue...

Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (18) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries (20)

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.