Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 46.1
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 45.2 Next: Picket Fences! Part 46.2

Picket Fences! Part 46.1

Over at Arlene and Jimmy's place . . .

It was time for their son David's first birthday.
Jimmy brought a very happy infant to his birthday cake. He helped David blow out the candles.

Invited guests Larry, Kevin, Nancy, Emily . . .

Nathan, Joy and Sam twirled the clappers and blew the birthday horns.

Jimmy did the "baby toss" and David returned to his arms a cute toddler.

David has black hair, brown eyes and medium skintone like both his parents.

Larry played with his grandson most of the afternoon. He was able to teach David to walk.

"Your dad looks so cute playing with David", said Nancy.
"Yeah, he's taken to being a grandpa like a duck to water", said Kevin.

"Do you like being married?", asked Nathan.
"Yeah, I'm happier than I've ever been", said Jimmy.

"I'm thinking about asking Julie to be engaged", said Nathan.
"That will be great. Her and Arlene are best friends", said Jimmy.

When the party ended the guests left to go home.

Over at Rhys' place when he got home from Claudia's house, he told Noah and Ryan to sit down. He had something important to tell them.

"Boys I know y'all and Kevin are best friends, which makes what I'm going to tell you a little easier to swallow. You see, Kevin's your brother."

"Wow, that's cool! I got two big brothers", said Noah.

"Why didn't you tell me before now?", asked Ryan.

"Kevin didn't know until now. He asked me if I was his dad and I told him the truth. I couldn't tell you before him."

"That don't change nothing. We're all still be best friends, right?", said Noah.

"Yeah, right", said Ryan.

"It's cool with me", said Noah, "Can I tell Mom?"
"She already knows", said Rhys, "You better head on home, she'll be waiting for you."

While over at the church . . .

"YOU, you're my father! I'm a preacher's son?", said Ryan.

"I loved Grace and she loved me. It was only on that one occassion that things got out of hand. She didn't tell me when she discovered she was pregnant. She went away that summer supposingly to stay with an aunt who was ill. We remained friends when she returned to Buford Falls, but we never talked about what had happened.

"Let's go over to the parsonage. There's some other things you need to know."
"Alright preacher", said Ryan.
"You can call me Joseph", he said.

"As I said before Grace never told me about you. I didn't find out I had a son until my grandson moved to town", said Joseph.
"Rhys . . . he lives here in Buford Falls?", asked Ryan.

"After Grace died her lawyers contacted Rhys and told him he was Grace's heir. She left everything she owned to the boy", said the pastor.

"Yes, I imagine she would since she thought I was dead", said Ryan.

"Why did you let everyone, including Grace, think you were dead?", asked the pastor.
After Rhys' mama died I had a hard time dealing with it. I started drinking to forget. Rhys was just a toddler and I wasn't able to take care of myself, much less him. Things got pretty bad and social services came and got him. I got help with my drinking problem, then I joined up with the crew that was building the Hoover Dam. Many of the workers were killed during it's construction, so I don't know why, I just thought at the time, it was the best thing for everyone to believe I was one of the many", explained Ryan.

"I figured Rhys would have been adopted by a nice couple who wanted a child. He was an extremely beautiful little boy. I wonder why he stayed in the orphanage all those years", said Ryan.
"I don't know, but maybe after Grace heard you were dead, she wanted to keep Rhys where she would know where he was. I guess by leaving him her entire estate she was trying to make it up to him. Nobody but Grace will ever know for sure", said the pastor.

"You also have three grandsons here in town", said Joseph.
"Really, so Rhys is a family man. I'd love to meet my grandsons and Rhys' wife. Do you think Rhys would want to see me?", asked Ryan.
"He's a pretty forgiving person. Even after I told him about Grace and me, he and I became friends", said the pastor, "Oh, theres something else you should know. Rhys isn't married and never has been. He has the three boys with three diffent women in town."

Rev. Woods went over and picked up the telephone.
"Hello Rhys, can you come to the parsonage. There's someone here who wants to see you."

"Sure Grandfather, I'll be there in a few minutes", said Rhys.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 46.2 to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 45.2 Next: Picket Fences! Part 46.2

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.