Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pleasantview Diaries (25)
Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (24) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries Chapter 25 Celebration: Deleted Scenes

Holy moly. It has been ages since I've uploaded a new chapter. Let me assure you, it's not because I've lost interest in the story or have been slacking. I have been itching to write and play Sims. The reason this chapter took so long to come out is because I have started a new job as an STNA. That means I work all weekend and go to school all week, unfortunately leaving little time for The Pleasantview Diaries.
Don't worry, I'm not going to quit. I'll still try my hardest to promptly upload chapters. We'll see how it goes.
Anyways, please do enjoy this chapter. It's pretty long. I'd appreciate a comment, thank, and/or rating. Feel free to contact me in a PM or at [email protected].

LOTHARIO

Alone in her swanky apartment, the newly graduated Destiny Goth fiddled with what was left of her brown hair. Just as she’d promised herself, Destiny had broken all ties with her family, found her own place, and changed her whole look. She peered at herself earnestly in the mirror, perfecting every flaw. It would be dark soon and Lorenzo was on his way for yet another fun date.

Destiny smiled at her reflection; she’d never been happier. With a great job, trustworthy boyfriend, and no family to bring her down, she felt on top of the world. While admiring her own new beauty, Destiny heard the doorbell ring. Her grin widened and she scampered off to answer the call.

Destiny flung open the door and found Lorenzo waiting for her, right on time. They young couple embraced and Lorenzo flashed his most cheesy, flirtatious grin. “Good evening, madam. Are you ready for our romantic and sophisticated date to the art museum?'

Destiny chuckled and her heart fluttered as she placed her hand on Lorenzo’s shoulder. No matter how many times they met up, she couldn’t get over his dashing smile and sparkling green eyes. “Of course I am! You haven’t forgotten our deal, have you?” Destiny said suggestively.
Lorenzo thought a moment and then his eyes lit up. “You mean the deal if I can pick out your favorite painting?”
Destiny blushed. “That’s the one.”

The sun faded away quickly as Destiny and Lorenzo finally arrived at the art museum. The pair toured the building, analyzing and discussing every work of art in sight. Lorenzo kept his eye out for what may be his girlfriend’s favorite piece, but she was not giving any hints.

After every last painting and sculpture was inspected, Lorenzo called Destiny over to a large picture of an autumn landscape complete with a drinking moose. He placed his hand in front of the painting as if he was presenting it. “Is this your favorite painting?”

Destiny pointed at the painting. “This is your guess?”
Lorenzo lost his confidence. “Well…yeah, I guess so.”
Destiny chuckled and cried, “Wrong!” Lorenzo sighed and Destiny continued laughing. “What made you choose this one?”
Lorenzo frowned. “I don’t know. It was a wild guess. I don’t know anything about art.”
Destiny smiled coyly at Lorenzo. “Well, you’re in luck. Just because you’re so darn good looking, I’ll give you another try.”

Lorenzo scratched his chin and eyeballed the room thoughtfully. He picked a painting, and jogged over to it. “Ah-ha! This is your favorite painting.” The couple looked the work of art up and down in silence. Lorenzo could tell he did not make the right choice.

Destiny quirked an eyebrow, at a loss for words. “What even is this?”
Lorenzo shrugged. “I don’t know! I already said I don’t know anything bout art.”
Destiny giggled and turned to face Lorenzo. “This is never going to work. We might as well head back to my place and seal the deal.”
Lorenzo smiled suggestively. “Even though I couldn’t guess your favorite painting?”
Destiny winked devilishly. “Yep. Now let’s go!”

The young love birds headed back to Destiny’s apartment, hopped in bed, and woohooed until their heart’s content. They rested on the mattress, looking at each other with tired, satisfied eyes. Destiny sat up and smiled. “I’m so lucky to have met you.”
Lorenzo beamed back at her. “As am I to have met you.”
Destiny took Lorenzo’s hand. “No, really. I didn’t know how this was going to go. But there was something special about you. I trust you, Lorenzo. More than anyone I know.”

The couple was quiet for moment, gazing into each others’ eyes. Lorenzo wrapped his arms around Destiny and pulled her towards him. “Destiny, I…I love you.” He searched her face for a response until she blushed and smiled.
Destiny wrapped her arms around Lorenzo’s warm neck. “I love you too, Lorenzo.”

Lorenzo smiled an electric smile while swiftly scooping up Destiny and gingerly throwing her onto the bed. She giggled, her heart picking up speed. “Lorenzo, will you move in with me?”
Surprised but delighted, Lorenzo nodded. “It would be my pleasure.”

CALIENTE

Nina Caliente stood in her apartment bedroom watching her sister sleep. Dina had such trouble falling asleep, and Nina hated to wake her. Unfortunately, Dina couldn’t be left alone and Nina had important business to attend to. “Dina,” she cooed. “Rise and shine.”

Dina sat up slowly, gaining her bearings. She yawned and sat on the edge of the bed. “What’s going on? Where are we?”
Nina searched her mind for a response her sister could comprehend. “We’re staying in this hotel for a few days. Don’t worry.”
Dina smoothed her hand over her mattress. “What? No. A hotel?”
Nina nodded. “Yes, Dina. We’re on vacation. Are you ready to go somewhere?”

Dina stood up without facing her sister. “Oh no. I don’t think so. Go where?”
Nina took a deep breath. The mornings were always the hardest. “Well my…friend just had a baby. And I’d really like to go see her.” Dina murmured something inaudible and stared at the wall. Nina sighed and grabbed Dina’s shoulders carefully. “Dina? Are you ready to go?”

Dina stepped back from her sister’s touch. “Yeah! Okay! Fine! Sheesh. Why didn’t you just say so?”
Nina rubbed her temple and sighed. “C’mon. Let’s go take your shower.”

The twins spent the better part of the morning getting around until they were finally ready to visit Letti. Nina arrived at the house and before she could even step on the porch, Letti was outside. She looked like a vicious dog guarding her master's house.

Letti stared unwelcomingly at her mother. “What are you doing here?”
Nina ignored her daughter’s coldness and outstretched her arms. “I’ve come to see you and my grandbaby!” Dina stood behind her, oblivious.
Letti contemplated telling Nina to leave, but decided it would be too harsh. She stepped to the side and opened the door for her mother.

Nina and Dina entered the house. Nina raced to the kitchen where Letti had said the baby was and Dina wandered around absently. Nina scooped up the infant and looked into his brown eyes. “Well he certainly looks like his father, doesn’t he?” Letti nodded. Nina gulped uncomfortably and she cradled her grandson. “What did you name him?”
“Ivan.” Letti said with no emotion

Nina walked towards Letti and smiled. “Ivan. I like it.”
Letti forced a half smile. “He’s probably hungry. I should feed him.”
Nina opened the fridge. “I can manage. I did raise you, in case you forgot.” She winked at her daughter playfully. Letti was not amused.

The mother and daughter stood quietly, listening to Ivan’s suckling. Nina blew some air through her mouth, searching her mind for a conversation topic. “So, how was the wedding?”
Letti winced. “We didn’t have one. We just went to the court house.”
Nina nodded, relived to know the reason she hadn't been invited. “Oh, I see. Well, that’s still alright.”
Ivan finished his bottle and Letti took him from her mother’s arms. “He's ready for his nap."
Holding back tears, Nina nodded and went into the living room.

Letti returned from Ivan’s bedroom and joined her mom on the couch. The women sat in silence for a moment until Nina spoke in a shaky voice. “I’m trying here, Letti. Why are you acting like this?”
Letti snorted. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Nina threw her hands up. “Like hell you don’t! You’re barely speaking to me, barely even looking at me. I have hardly seen you since you left for college. I’m trying to be a part of your life, of Ivan’s life.”
Letti gave her mother a sour look. “It’s too late for that. I spent my entire childhood begging for your love. Now you think I’ll take pity on you in your old age? Your final attempt to clear your conscience before you die? No. I don’t need your love. I don’t want you around.”

Nina frowned. Her daughter’s words hurt, but she had known in her heart for quite some time that’s how Letti felt. She shrugged. “I don’t know what else to do here.”
Letti looked at her mother, cold and expressionless. “There’s nothing that can be done.”
Nina nodded. “I guess I’ll be going then. I just wish you could have found the same forgiveness for me that you found for your father.” With those final words, she called for Dina, arose from the couch, and walked our the door.

GOTH

Lucy Goth stared at the massive house before her. With the large lookout tower and huge water tank next door, it looked more like a military compound than a home with friendly neighbors. She wiped the sweat from her head before it could trickle down her brow. The hot desert air made her feel thirsty and tired. Lucy gulped and without facing her husband asked, “Alex, are you sure this is right?”

Lucy turned to see her husband cuddling their half alien infant. “Well Lucy, you’re the one that came up with Strangetown and this address. You tell me.”
Lucy’s face grew solemn. “It just seems so…unwelcoming.”
“What did you expect? This is neighborhood is basically a government owned alien sanctuary. We’re living next door to the General who runs the whole operation.”
Lucy nodded. “I suppose you’re right. I just have to keep reminding myself we’re doing this for Alba.”

Alex smiled and settled the baby into the crook of his arm. “Indeed. This is what will keep our daughter safe.”
Lucy still felt uncomfortable. She recalled the night Alba was born, when Alex and Lucy set the Goth mansion on fire and raced away in their car. “I can’t help thinking about our families…they think we’re dead. They’re heartbroken I’m sure.”
Alex sighed. “I know. It was hard to do. But if they think we died in the house fire, they will not come looking for us. Thus, Alba will not be harmed. She’s safe here. Her green skin and bottomless eyes will not be questioned.”
Lucy tried to smile but her eyes welled with tears. Alex detected his wife’s sadness. “Let’s go inspect the new house, change into some more climate appropriate attire. Possibly we’ll take a nap. We need rest, it has been a long drive.”

Lucy and Alex were disappointed to find their house was almost identical to the military home next door. Still, they entered and unpacked what little they took with them. Lucy was thankful to peel of her long khakis in exchange for some lighter, denim shorts. She tried not to cry as she thought about her brother and sister, mother and father. She would never see them again.

Lucy and Alex spent the day tending to Alba and unpacking boxes. They were relieved to watch they sun disappear and take the heat with it, remarking on how different the Pleasantview weather had been. The big moving day also happened to be Alba’s birthday, and the couple temporarily set aside their heartaches in order to celebrate. Lucy and Alex held their breath as their daughter transitioned, anxious to see what Alba’s half alien biology would mean for her toddler years. After careful inspection, the husband and wife determined their daughter was a normal toddler, and put her to bed.

After Alba was sound asleep and Alex off to do some reading, Lucy headed downstairs to tidy up the kitchen. Just after reaching the bottom, there was a knock at the door. At last, Lucy thought. General Grunt is here to welcome us. Lucy opened the door and a strange, blonde woman forced her way inside.
“Well you don’t look goth at all, my dear!”
Lucy blinked at the loud lady. “I beg your pardon?”

The woman threw her arms around Lucy, giving her a tight hug. “It’s great to meet you, neighbor!”
Lucy patted the woman’s back awkwardly in return. “Yes uhm, nice to meet you too. You wouldn’t happen to be General Grunt, would you?”
The woman retreated and laughed. “That stick in the mud? Oh heavens no! But the General did tell everyone that a couple of goths were moving here from Pleasantview with their alien baby, and I thought I’d come over to say hello. I’m the official head of the unofficial welcome wagon!”
The blonde’s voice and fast speech exhausted Lucy. “Goth is my last name…who are you?”

The blonde’s eyes went wide and she giggled. “Your last name? Oh of course! Heaven forgive me! I can be such a scatterbrain sometimes. My name is Jenny, by the way. Jenny Smith.”
Lucy rubbed her head. “Well, it’s nice to meet you Jenny.” She started at Jenny, hoping she would leave.
Jenny did not leave. “Well let’s have a seat, shall we? I’ll give you the lay of the land!” Lucy frowned and directed Jenny to the living room.

Jenny flopped down on the royal blue sofa and wiggled her bottom. “Comfy couch! I see you’re not quite moved in yet though.”
Lucy nodded. “Yes, we just moved in today. I was under the impression General Grunt would be seeing we made it here safely and teaching us about life here…or something like that.”
Jenny rolled her eyes. “Don’t count on it. You’ll probably never see that man. He’s not happy you’re here.”
Lucy quirked an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

Jenny’s face grew serious. “Well you see, General Buzz Grunt is a highly decorated military man. That’s why he was sent to Strangetown, to oversee the Alien Assimilation Project. He’s supposed to be the law of the land, also making sure all the aliens stay hidden from the rest of society. Little did the government know that Grunt is extremely prejudiced. He hates aliens, which he makes apparent in all of his law enforcement choices.”
Lucy gulped. There’s no way a man like that can keep Alba safe. “Oh dear...”
Jenny smiled. “Don’t worry about your little squirt though. We all get by. Considering most of the people living here are related to an alien in one way or another, he has little power. Most of the crimes against the green folk are minor. Although he and my husband Polly get into it quite often, the worst cases have been fights between my son Johnny and his son Tank. Tank is just like his father, stubborn, mean, and hates aliens. Tank and Johnny are away at university now and out of my hair, thank goodness!” Jenny paused to laugh. “Grunt’s other two boys, Ripp and Buck, are very good boys. It’s a shame how hard their father is on them.”

Lucy’s mind darted around, trying to make sense of everything Jenny had just said. “So… your son and husband are aliens?”
Jenny nodded. “Yes! I married good ol’ Polly a while ago. He’s old now, and I’ll join him soon in that. He’s a retired pollination technician who decided to make a life on his favorite planet. I know it’s…unconventional, but I love him. He’s given me four beautiful children. Johnny, Jill, and the twins Jack and Jane.”
Lucy gulped. “A pollination technician?”

"Yes dear, it’s exactly what it sounds like. He was part of an alien team who abducted people to impregnate them with alien children. Polly has twin daughters from his career, Chloe and Lola.” Jenny blushed. “Their father, aside from Polly, is actually my father as well.”
Lucy’s eyes went wide. “So you’re saying…your half sisters are your stepdaughters as well?”
Jenny nodded. “Yes, the family situation is a little twisted. I know that. But Chloe and Lola are great girls with normal lives. They live here with two human roommates, Erin and Kristen.”
Lucy shuddered at the thought of Alex being impregnated by an alien, perhaps by someone like Jenny’s husband. She wondered if male pregnancy had any later, adverse effects. “So your father was fine? From…you know…”

Jenny was confused for a moment. “From having an alien baby?”
Lucy nodded and Jenny laughed. “Oh of course! Having alien babies is…well, not totally normal. that's what I was going to say, but you get my point. It happens quite often around here.” Lucy breathed a sigh of relief and Jenny continued on her story. “In fact, my brother Pascal Curious, just gave birth to a little alien boy name Tycho. He’s doing splendidly. I’m sure my other brothers, Vidcund and Lazlo, are helping out though. They all live together in their big, dorky, science-mansion.”
Lucy smiled at the thought of three scientists living together with an alien baby. “I’m sure my husband would love to meet them. He's a scientist as well.”

"As are most men who father alien children,” Jenny said with a laugh. “But anyway, it should be no problem for him to meet Pascal and Lazlo. Vidcund, on the other hand, is sort of in hiding right now. You see, he got back with his old girlfriend Circe Beaker after she married her husband Loki. Now there are whispers that Circe’s son Edison isn’t Loki’s son as well. I’ve also heard Circe is pregnant again. It’s all big mess. I’m trying to stay out of it.”
Lucy raised her eyebrows at Jenny. For somebody who was trying to stay out of the neighborhood drama, she certainly knew a lot about everyone.
Jenny smiled. “Your husband may be interested in meeting Circe and Loki too. They’re very brilliant scientists as well.”
Lucy nodded. “I’ll let him know.”

Jenny threw her arms into the air and yelled. “Well look at me and my mouth! I’ve blabbed on just about the whole neighborhood!”
Lucy laughed; Jenny’s bubbly personality was starting to grow on her, just a little. “You mean there’s people you’ve still left out?”
Jenny nodded. “Oh sure! There’s crazy old Olive Specter whose probably killed the other half of the neighborhood!”
Lucy’s mouth fell open. “What?!”
Jenny waved her hand as if to brush off Lucy’s shock. “Oh don’t worry about her. She’s too old to kill anyone else, and too busy doting on her son, Nervous Subject, who she recently reunited with. These days she just sits in her yard, staring at the graves of everyone that ‘mysteriously died’ on her property.”
Despite Jenny’s reassurance, Lucy worried. “How many graves are there?”
Jenny thought a moment. “Oh, I don’t know. Ten? Twenty? Maybe more. Johnny, my son, he would know. He was seeing Olive’s niece who lived there for a while. Little Ophelia Nigmos. Something happened to her too, Johnny thinks. Nobody has seen her in a year or two. He refuses to believe Ophelia would ever leave him. But I think the kid just up and ran away. Probably couldn’t handle having an alien boyfriend or murderer for an aunt. This Strangetown life, it’s not for everyone.”

Lucy sighed, trying to let all the new information sink in. “Well I’ll say! Is there anyone normal here?”
Jenny thought a moment. “Well there’s that Ajay Loner kid. I think he’s pretty boring, keeps to himself.”
Lucy buried her face in her hands. “I think I need to lie down.”
Jenny stood up from the couch and placed a comforting hand on Lucy’s shoulder. “I understand, honey. It’s a lot to take in. I’m sure my mouth isn’t helping the situation much. I always have talked too much. Well anyways, welcome to Strangetown.”

After Jenny Smith left, Lucy dragged herself up the stairs and slipped on a light nightgown. She relaxed on the bed and heaved a sigh. It had been such an overwhelming day; Lucy didn’t know how to think or feel about her family’s move. Alexander walked in and stripped down to his boxers. He glanced at his wife on the bed; she looked worn down. “I wonder how long it will take to adjust to this heat.”
Lucy stared straight ahead, ignoring her husband’s small talk. “Everyone living here is crazy, Alex.”

Alex frowned and hopped into the bed with Lucy. “Hey, don’t think like that. We are going to make it work here. We’ll raise Alba and make a new family. It will all be alright.” He kissed Lucy’s forehead.
Lucy sighed and covered her eyes. “Just wait until I tell you everything Jenny Smith just told me.”
Alex raised his eyebrow. “Who is Jenny Smith?”

Lucy shook her head. “Never mind. We’ll discuss it in the morning. Right now I just want to sleep. But, I can’t sleep without something to comfort me, something familiar and pleasurable.” She smiled cheekily at Alex and he responded with an embrace while flicking off the lights.

TO BE CONTINUED

Click Next: The Pleasantview Diaries Chapter 25 Celebration: Deleted Scenes to continue...

Back to: The Pleasantview Diaries (24) Next: The Pleasantview Diaries Chapter 25 Celebration: Deleted Scenes

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.