Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 50
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 49.2 Next: Picket Fences! Part 51

Picket Fences! Part 50

Across town at Joyce's old house . . .

Her grandaughter Arlene, her husband Jimmy and their son David moved in.

Jimmy carried David into the house. He sit him down on the floor of the nursery. He gave the toddler his favorite toy to keep him entertained

Jimmy and Arlene were drinking coffee in the kitchen after they had finished what needed to be done.

"I didn't ever see the inside of this house while your grandma lived here. It's a great little house", said Jimmy.

"I've always liked it. Grandma just went a little overboard with the pink. I did leave the pink flowered wallpaper in her bedroom . . . I mean our bedroom", said Arlene.

"Let's invite Nathan and Julie over. I'd love for them to see the house", said Arlene.

Jimmy called Nathan and invited him over.

"Yeah, I'd love to come see you guys. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Arlene called Julie and invited her over.

"I'd love to see how your house. I'll be right over."

When Nathan and Julie arrived they gave each other a romantic kiss.

Then they went into the house together.

"The house really looks nice. I love the wallpaper in this room", said Julie.

"We changed all the wallpaper except for the one in Grandma's bedroom. It's really a pretty print and I'd like to keep it to remember her by. Well, at least for awhile", said Arlene.

"My grandparents have decided to go to Florida to live. They said Nathan and I can live in their house", said Julie.

"Their house is the one right next door. It's going to be great to have y'all as neighbors", said Jimmy.

"Our kids will be able to play together and be best friends", said Arlene.

"I can't think of anyone I'd rather have as neighbors than you and Arlene

Arlene invited Julie and Nathan to stay for supper. She fixed a big plate of spagetti and served it to their guests.

"When we get married and Julie learns how to cook, we'll invite you guys over for supper", said Nathan.

"I know how to cook a little. My grandma gave me her cookbook. She said she wouldn't need it in Florida", said Julie.

"Did y'all hear the lastest news? Your neighbor Rhys Sawyer has another baby", said Jimmy.

"Who's the baby's mama?", asked Nathan.

"That pretty redheaded photographer who has a studio over on Main Street", said Jimmy.

"Her name's Regan Tyler. I met her when I moved into my apartment. She seemed like a nice girl, but then you never know", said Arlene.

"I think it's a shame that Rhys keeps having all these babies, but evidently the women don't know how to say no to him", said Julie, "It's not all his fault."

Arlene, Julie and Jimmy went back into the livingroom to chat.

And Nathan went into the nursery to play with David.

David followed him back to the livingroom. Nathan told the toddler goodbye.

Then he and Julie said goodbye to Jimmy and Arlene . . .

Then left to go home.

At Rhys' place the next afternoon . . .

"Son, there's something I need to ask you to do for me", said Ryan.

"Sure Dad, what do you need?", asked Rhys.

"I want to buy Jonathan's houseboat, but I ain't got enough money. Will you loan me the rest?", he asked.

"Sorry, I can't loan you none", said Rhys.

"Well, just forget it! I should have known better than to ask", he said.

"Dad, I can't loan you the money, but I'll give you as much as you need", said Rhys, "If Grace had known you was still alive, half of everything I own would be yours."

Then Rhys gave his father a hug.

"Thank you son", said Ryan.

"Don't mention it", said Rhys.

Ryan called Jonathan and said "I want to buy your houseboat. Yeah, I got enough cash."

Ryan was cuddling in the hottub on the patio with Jennifer Custer, the townie he met at the lake.

They madeout.

"Can we do woo hoo now?", asked Ryan.

"Is that the only reason you called and invited me over?", she asked.

"Well . . . yeah. Ain't that the reason you came?", he asked.

"I thought when you called, it was because we had something special between us", she said.

"Hey, where you going!", he called.

"I got to get out!", she said.

"Oh NO! It can't be", she said when she got her first "baby bump"..

"Ryan, we got a problem!", said Jennifer.

"What's wrong?", he asked.

"If you get out and come here, you'll see", she said.

"Alright, what's the problem?", he asked.

"I just got my first baby bump. I'm pregnant", she said.

"Is it mine?", he asked.

"Of course it's yours. You're the only one I did woo hoo with", she said.

"Look, don't worry. I'll think of something", said Ryan.

"Well, you better think of something fast. This baby isn't going to wait too long", she said.

"I'll call you tomorrow. I promise", he said.

Then Jennifer left to go home.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 51 to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 49.2 Next: Picket Fences! Part 51

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.