Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 55
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 54 Next: Picket Fences! Part 56

Picket Fences! Part 55

Over at Buford Falls Hospital . . .

Julie Martin has come to get the results from the tests Dr. Brian did yesterday.

"Sit down Julie", the doctor said.

"Did the tests show the reason I haven't been able to get pregnant?", she asked.

"Yes, they did", he said.

"You have a condition called Polycystic ovary syndrome. Your ovaries don't produce normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Without mature eggs it's impossible to get pregnant", he explained.

"Isn't there anything you can do to make my ovaries produce whatever it is the eggs need to mature?", she asked.

"I wish I could help you Julie. I'm sorry, but there's no cure for Polycystic ovary syndrome", he said.

"What am I going to do? We want a baby more than anything else in the world", she said.

"Perhaps you might want to consider adopting a baby. Social Services have some infants and toddlers who need good parents", he said.

"Thank you Dr. Brian. I'll discuss it with my husband tonight", she said.

Julie told the doctor goodbye . . .

And left to go home.

At Nick Carras' place . . .

He had the day off and called Jennifer.

"Hello Jennifer, can you come over for lunch?", he asked.

"Thank you, I'll be right over", she said.

When Jennifer arrived a few minutes later, Nick greeted her with a friendly hug.

"I ordered a pizza for our lunch. I hope you're hungry", he said.

"I'm always hungry", she said.

"As well you should be. You're eating for two", he joked.

When the pizza arrived Nick accepted the delivery.

He opened the box and took the pizza into the kitchen

"What type work do you do?", asked Jennifer.

"I'm in the Elite Forces of the Military Career. What kind of work do you do?", he asked.

"I was a Hostess before I went on maternity leave. I'll be able to go back after the baby's born", she said.

After they finished eating Nick and Jennifer went into the livingroom . . .

"If you don't mind my asking, are you still dating your baby's daddy?", asked Nick.

"Not really. I'm ashamed to tell you about my relationship with him", she said.

"Come over here", he said.

"You don't have to talk about it if it bothers you", he said.

"I don't mind. Maybe talking about it will help me understand why it happened", she said, "I was at the lake one afternoon when I saw this beautiful man getting out of the water. He got in the hottub and asked me to join. I let him kiss me and then we madeout. I'd never done that before with anyone, but there was just something about him. Then he had to leave, but he said he'd call me", she explained., "He didn't call me after that. Then one day I saw him in the park and I ended up in the hottub with him, again. Something about him made me say yes when he asked to do woo hoo."

"His kind only wants one thing and he knows how to use his goodlooks to get it", said Nick, "It wasn't your fault that you fell for him."

"Thank you. That makes me feel better about what happened", she said.

"I guess I'd better go. I've taken up enough of your day off", said Jennifer.

"Nonsense, it was much more enjoyable with you here", he said.

Then Jennifer left to go home.

At Claudia's house the next day . . .

She and Rhys were playing a game of chess while they were waiting for Noah to come back from the Navy recruiting office.

When the telephone started ringing . . .

Claudia got up and answered it.

"Hello", she said.

"Can I talk to Rhys?", asked Regan.

"Hold on, I'll get him", said Claudia.

"It's Regan", said Claudia.

"Hello", said Rhys.

"Rhys, I have a photo shoot today for a big ad campaign. Can you come over and get Megan?", she said, "It'll only be for a couple of hours."

"Sure, I'll be there in a few minutes", he said.

"I'm going to get Megan. Regan wants me to keep her for a couple of hours. Can I bring her over here or would you rather I take her to my place?", he said.

"You can bring her back here. I don't mind", said Claudia.

"I was hoping you'd say that. I won't be gone long", he said.

Then he kissed her goodbye . . .

And left to go to Regan's place.

Rhys arrived a few minutes later.

"I'm sorry I had to call you at Claudia's. When I called your place, Ryan said you were there", she said.

"It's alright. She ain't mad", he said.

"I really appreciate you coming over. I have a photo shoot today and Megan would just be in the way", said Regan, "Wait right there and I'll go get her."

Regan returned in a few minutes carrying Megan.

"You be a good girl for your daddy", she told the toddler, giving her a kiss goodbye.

"Come 'mon, let's go bye-bye", said Rhys.

Then he left with Megan to go back to Claudia's house.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 56 to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 54 Next: Picket Fences! Part 56

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.