Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Picket Fences! Part 72 Alan & Sawyer Wedding
Back to: Picket Fences! Part 71 Next: Picket Fences! Part 73

Picket Fences! Part 72

While everyone at the church was wondering why Rhys didn't show up for the wedding . . .

Over at his place earlier that day . . .

Rhys was gussing up before he left to go to the church.

He was walking down the hall . . .

And accidently tripped over the chair that was in front of the desk.

He broke his ankle and fell to the floor.

He crawled over to the phone and called emergency.

The ambulance came right away . .

And rushed Rhys to the hospital.

Dr. Brian bandaged his ankle and told Rhys' to stay off it.
"I can't stay off it! I'm already late for my wedding!", he said.

Then Rhys called a taxi to take him to the church.

When the taxi arrived, Nurse Jane helped Rhys get in . . .

And he was on his way to the church.

When the taxi pulled up in front of the church . . .

Rhys got out of the taxi . . .

And entered the church . . . better late than never!

When Claudia saw Rhys she ran up to him and gave him a squeeze.

"I was so worried about you, Oh, your face is hurt", she said, "How did you break your ankle?", she asked.
"I fell over a chair at home. I guess I'm getting pretty clumsy in my old age", he said.

"Don't be silly. You're not old", she said.

"Are you ready to become my wife?", asked Rhys.
"Yes, I've been waiting a long time to fill that position", she answered.

"Alright, let's do it!", he said.

The bride and groom stood under the wedding arch.

Rev. Brown began the ceremony . . .
"Rhys and Claudia, you have come here today to enter into a bond of marriage. I ask that you remember, as with any aspect of life, marriage is a journey, it has its ups and downs, its trials and its triumphs. You will not only be joined by the love you share, but also by your hopes, your dreams and by your promise to remain together through time as husband and wife", said the pastor.

"I Claudia, take you Rhys, the father of my childern, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live. "

"I, Rhys, take you, Claudia, the mother of two of my childern, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

Rhys held up a matching wedding band and as he placed it on Claudia's finger he said . . ."I give you this ring to wear with love and joy. As a ring has no end, neither shall my love for you. I choose you to be my wife this day and forevermore."
"I will forever wear this ring as a sign of my commitment and the desire of my heart", said Claudia.

Claudia held up a plain gold wedding band. As she placed it on Rhys' finger she said . . .
"I give this ring as my gift to you. Wear it and think of me and know that I love you."
"I will wear it gladly. Whenever I look at it, I will remember this day and the vows we've made", said Rhys.
'You have made your vows and promises to each other. From this moment forth, always look to your fortune and remember what you can create together. By the power of your love and the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife", said the pastor.

"Rhys, you may kiss your bride!", he said

Family and friends, I introduce to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Rhys Sawyer!"

A reception followed In the church social hall . . .

Claudia cut the wedding cake . . .

And shoved the first slice into Rhys' mouth.

"I love you Rhys", said Claudia.
"I love you, too", he said.

Then he gave her a romantic kiss.

Jonathan proposed a toast to the newlyweds.

Rhys and Claudia . . .

Ryan and Carrie . . .

Heather, Kevin, Ryan Sr. . . .

Noah and Miyuki and . . .

Mary and Tony joined in the toast.

When Rhys sit in a chair to get off his ankle, Claudia asked him if he was ready to go home.
"Yeah, I think I should. My ankle's hurting pretty bad", answered Rhys.

Sweetheart, let's go home", said Claudia.

Rhys called transpotation and ordered a taxi.

Rhys and Claudia went outside to wait for the taxi.

When the taxi arrived a few minutes later . . .

Rhys and Claudia got in.

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Picket Fences! Part 73 to continue...

Back to: Picket Fences! Part 71 Next: Picket Fences! Part 73

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.