Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Gen 1, Part 1: Aliens
Back to: Generation 0, Part 2 Next: Gen 1, Part 2: Curious, Aliens
Generation 1 - Alien Household

“So why are you all green?”

“Because I am from another planet. Everyone is green there.”

“Like an alien? Cool! Do you have death lasers?”

“Do we have what?”

“Nevermind. I’m Glarn Curious. What’s your name?”

“#9.”

“That’s not a name.”

“My full description is Pollination Tech #9, if you’d prefer.”

“That’s too long! Hmm… I can’t call you Polli cause that’s a girl name. How about P.T.?”

“I suppose that is acceptable.”

Pollination Tech #9 had made it through the first weeks of school in an orderly fashion when a classmate just walked up to him and started firing questions. Glarn Curious was fascinated by the idea of having a whole family of aliens in the neighborhood and wouldn’t stop pestering Pollination Tech #9 until he agreed to show him around the house after school.

“This is my old room. I lived here when I was a baby, but since I started school the Queen made some renovations.”

“The Queen?”

“I suppose you would call her my mother.”

“You mom’s a queen? Like, Queen of the Space Aliens?”

“I guess? She’s our leader.”

“Wicked!”

Apparently, every mundane thing about the house was “cool”, “wicked” or “awesome”. Pollination Tech #9 was unfamiliar with these words, but figured them to be meant in a positive way.

“So here’s where me and the Drone live - he’s my father if you will. We have the whole second floor to us.”

“Isn’t your dad the King if your mom’s the Queen?”

“No, he’s just a Drone. They work for the Queen. The Drone does the housework here and makes money.”

“Oh. That doesn’t sound fun at all.”

“Of course not. He also teaches me, but that’s not usually a drone’s job.”

“And you’ll be a Drone too when you grow up? Or will you be king?”

“No, I am a Pollination Technician. That’s different and really important for the continued survival of our species.”

“Wicked! So what do you do?”

“No idea, but the Drone said it was important.”

“So, can we go downstairs and meet your mom?”

“…No.”

“Why not? I want to see a queen!”

“She doesn’t want to be disturbed. And I am not allowed in there unless she calls for me.”

Glarn kept asking and asking, but Pollination Tech #9 refused to show him the Queen’s living area. Truth be told, she’d never actually forbidden him to go there. The Drone said it wasn’t proper, but even that wouldn’t have stopped Pollination Tech #9 from showing off to his new and excited friend. He just knew that at this hour, the Queen would most likely be drunk.

I love writing Glarn. He's just so excited about everything related to space aliens.

Coming up next: Curious and Curioser

Click Next: Gen 1, Part 2: Curious, Aliens to continue...

Back to: Generation 0, Part 2 Next: Gen 1, Part 2: Curious, Aliens

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.