Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Gen 1, Part 11: College Household Curious-Smith
Back to: Gen 1, Part 10: Grunt, McGork, Loste Next: Gen 1, Part 12: College Households Simnitch, Loner

“Alright!” Glarn jumped out of the car and took his first lungful of college air. “We’ve made it! Education and excitement!”

P.T. looked around discomforted, starting to realize that his prior life had not prepared him for this at all. There were strangers everywhere and they kept staring. He tried to tell himself that the reason why was because Glarn kept yelling about how awesome everything was going to be and stopped at every corner to point out new things, but the real reason was probably himself. His green skin. The other Strangetown children had been used to it, but here there were so many strangers.

They had barely unloaded their luggage when Glarn dragged P.T. off to the campus center.

“I thought we could use some help finding our way around campus, so I booked us an appointment with an older student who’ll show us around. She should be somewhere around here.”

A redhaired woman approached the two. “You two seem like you’re new here. Is one of you Glarn Curious?”

“That’s me! And my friend here is P.T. Smith!”

“Glabe Jones. I’m a second-year at La Fiesta Tech. Erm, excuse me for asking, but… Are you feeling alright, P.T.?”

“I always look green.”

“He’s a space alien, that’s why!”

“Oh? That’s… certainly unusual. Well, why don’t we start our tour?”

Fortunately, Glabe seemed to get over her initial shock of meeting P.T. fast. The campus tour ended almost as soon as it had begun, when Glarn discovered the arcade machines. Glabe and P.T. settled for cheering him on.

The challenge of meeting new people done with, P.T. was ready to face a second one - cooking.

It couldn’t be that hard, could it? The Drone never seemed to have a problem producing delicious and healthy meals whenever P.T. felt hungry.

The burnt smell coming from the oven informed P.T. that maybe cooking wasn’t so easy after all.

“And that is supposed to be…?”

“Chicken…”

“Charcoal style?”

“It tastes better when the Drone makes it.”

“Wait, have you been eating this?”

And that was when Glarn decided to take over cooking duties. This lasted about until he found out that P.T. also didn’t know how to clean, at which point he simply signed his friend up for some home ec. courses.

I directed P.T. to make a meal and thought to myself "It would make for some great pictures if he burnt it, since the Drone has always cooked for him." Then he did. This is getting scary.

Coming up next: Michael's friends are very concerned

Click Next: Gen 1, Part 12: College Households Simnitch, Loner to continue...

Back to: Gen 1, Part 10: Grunt, McGork, Loste Next: Gen 1, Part 12: College Households Simnitch, Loner

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.