Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Gen 2, Part 14: Curious
Back to: Gen 2, Part 13 - Salamis, Beaker, Curious Next: Gen 2, Part 15: Smith

“Of course, dear! What a wonderful idea! I’m sure the others will love it!”

Kitty hung up the receiver and turned around to her family. “Jenny just called and asked if she could come and have dinner with us on Lazlo’s birthday. Isn’t that wonderful? She can take a few hours off from her studies and she has found someone who can drive her to Strangetown. Actually, Glarn, she would like us to meet this driver of hers and has asked if he can come to dinner too.”

“Well, I’ll be!” Glarn said smiling. “That sounds serious. We might have another celebration in the family soon.”

“At least one Curious who might start a family, eh, Pascal?” Vidcund grinned. “Have you even had your first kiss yet?”

“Have YOU?”

“Certainly! My beloved Circe gave hers to me just this afternoon near the lake!”

“Circe, as in the evil Circe Salamis who is dating Loki Beaker?”

“She is NOT dating Loki Beaker! HE is dating HER, but SHE is NOT! And you’re just jealous because she turned you down anyway.”

“I’m not… I wasn’t even interested in Circe, she just made that up!”

“Anyway”, Vidcund continued his story, “I asked Circe to be my girlfriend after kissing her and naturally she agreed. She was perfectly moved by my proposal. Actually, I am a little bit worried about how I’m going to top this for my actual proposal, but I suppose I will have some more years to think about it.”

Pascal buried his face inside his book. “Why are you still talking?”

“You will naturally be worried about her presumed relationship with Loki Beaker. I inquired into the matter and Circe assured me with heartbreaking sincerity that there never had been anything serious between the two of them. And although I know you won’t, I believe her.”

“Can you stop talking now?”

Through the familiar bickering between his older brothers, little Lazlo suddenly realized something and looked up to his father with a worried expression on his face.

“Daddy? When I become a teenager, will I be obsessed with Circe Salamis too?”

“For the sake of my sanity, Lazlo, I hope not.”

Lazlo’s birthday arrived and Glarn greeted Jenny with a big hug.

“Well now, who is that mystery driver of yours? Your mother has already decided that you’re going to marry him, so he’d better be good enough for my little girl.”

“Oh, I’m sure you’ll like him, dad. You’ll be surprised…”

Glarn looked in speechless surprise at his daughter’s mystery boyfriend who had just revealed himself. Then he decided he’d better say something.

“What.”

“Erm… hi, Glarn…”

“P.T.. What.”

“Well, you see, I went and found our daughters. And they went to college. And they met Jenny. And I met Jenny. And we’re engaged now.”

“What.”

“And I appear to age slightly slower than you do, so I’m not really old enough to be her father even though I actually am, but she doesn’t mind.”

“What.”

Jenny decided to put a stop to this talk and called everybody in for Lazlo to cut his cake. Glarn watched his youngest son grow up in a daze.

The rest of the family seemed to take well to P.T. though. Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo were all amazed to find their sister engaged to a real space alien, and when Jenny told them about their sisters, their excitement knew no bounds.

The only person Glarn was really worried about was Kitty. He didn’t know how she would take the news that Glabe and his daughters were planning to be a part of their life again. But when Glarn asked her about it, Kitty just smiled.

“And who do you think helped P.T. to find those three anyways?”

After dinner, Glarn and P.T. talked for a long time about their past and future.

“Well, P.T., I have no idea how you always manage to get involved with my family business.” Glarn sighed. “But it looks like you’ve found the family you always wanted. Welcome to the Curious clan.”

“Sorry for hijacking your birthday party, Laz.” Jenny said as she prepared to leave.

“Are you kidding?” Lazlo beamed. “You brought a SPACE ALIEN to my party and you’re going to marry him! This is the best birthday ever!”

“You’re going to fit right in, little brother.”

“I’m still not obsessed with Circe Salamis though.”

“That is what we call a good thing.”

“You think dad’s going to be alright?”

“Oh, I saw him go to the roof earlier. Mom says he hasn’t been near the telescopes since P.T. abducted him. So that’s another good thing.”

P.T. Smith - still terrible with explanations.

But he has Jenny to help him with that now, so maybe he'll learn a thing or two.

Incidently, you may have noticed a slight discrepancy between Vidcund's story and what is happening in the pictures. You may think this is because Vidcund is making things up, but in reality, Loki Beaker used his evilness to erase all proof of Circe swooning over Vid from history. He is evil, you see.

Coming up next: Jenny's and P.T.'s wedding

Click Next: Gen 2, Part 15: Smith to continue...

Back to: Gen 2, Part 13 - Salamis, Beaker, Curious Next: Gen 2, Part 15: Smith

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.