Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 11
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 10 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 12

Blood Brothers! Chapter 11

The next day, over at the General Store .

Waylon Fairchild, the Ellis' gardener, was telling Edward, about having to go fetch the doctor yesterday for Mrs. Ellis, after her accident.
"I haven't seen my sister in awhile, I reckon I better go over there this afternoon and see how she's doing", said Edward.

Jan Tellerman from the ladies missionary group asked Kobi Tellerman to give a talk at their next meeting. "The ladies would be so interested in hearing about your adventures as an Indian scout", she said.

Kaylynn, a local maid, was chatting with Remington, the Ellis' maid, about. "When I went to work this morning, Mrs. Ellis was flat on her back in bed. She said she had to stay like that for a couple of months", said Remington.
"Aw, poor woman", said Kaylynn

When Molly finished at the schoolhouse for the day, she stopped by the General Store.

"Waylon told me about Hope's accident. How's she doing?", asked Edward.
"The doctor said she needs complete bedrest for a couple of months, then he'll be able to tell more about her injury", said Molly.
"Tell her, I'll be over tonight, after I close up here", said Edward.

When Molly saw Quanah Whitefeather, she went over to him.

"My chiefs gave their permission for your childern to come to River's Edge school", Molly told him.
"I will bring it up at the next council meeting", he said, "We will have to vote on it."

"I hope your council approves it", said Molly, "I look forward to teaching your childern".

"Are you ready to go back to the village?", asked Santosh.
"Yes, I'm ready", said Quanah.

"What did that red-haired woman have to say to you?", asked Santosh.
"She's the teacher at the white people's school. She wants our childern to attend their school", said Quanah.

"Do you think they should?", asked Santosh.
"Maybe, we'll have to discuss it at the next meeting", said Quanah.

The two friends soon arrived back at the village .

"I'll call a meeting tonight after Waya's daughter's birthday party", said Quanah.

Sohan called Quanah over, "Quanah, I still have a problem with Hita. I thought having a baby, would satisfy her", he said, "But now she wants a little brother or sister for Sundar."

"NO! I'm not giving her another baby!", Quanah howled.

"Please, Quanah. She says if you don't, she'll tell what we did", said Sohan.

"You tell your wife, my answer is NO!", growled Quanah, "And don't you dare bring it up at the meeting tonight!"

Then Quanah angrily walked away.

In Sohan's hut, Hita had just finished bathing and feeding Sundar.

She placed him in his crib for his afternoon nap. "Have a nice nap, my precious", she told the infant, "It won't be long, before you have a little brother or sister, just as beautiful as you."

After Sundar fell asleep, she went over to the Gathering Place.

On the other side of the lot, Shardul and Hala were relaxing in the large tub of warm water.

"Shardul, are you pleased that I'm the one your father choose for you?", she asked.
"Yes, of course, why do you ask such a silly question?", he said.
"I was just wondering, that's all", said Hala.

Then Chandar jumped in thr tub.

"Did I interrupt something important, you was doing?", he asked jokingly.

"No, we won't doing nothing important", answered Shardul.

Hala heard what Shardul told Chandar. She got mad.and jumped of the tub.

A little later, when Shardul was on his way to the gathering place, he ran into Nachik. For some reason, these two have hated each other, since they were childern.

"Get out of my way!", growled Shardul.
"No, make me", said Nachik.

Shardul attacked Nachik. abd they fought tooth and nail. When the dust had cleared, Shardul had won.

"Shardul, if you will stop fighting with my brother, I'll forgive you", said Hala.
"Forgive me for what?", he asked.
"For saying what we were doing in the tub, wasn't important", said Hala, "We don't have to do it anymore, you know."

"Let's call a truce", said Shardul, knowing Hala meant what she said.
"Alright, I agree", said Nachik, but wasn't sure whether to believe Shardul or not.

Later in The Gathering Place, when it was time, Samir came to her birthday cake and blew out the candles.

And started growing up.

Samir grew up into a pretty teenager.

"You didn't grow up too ugly", teased Chandar.

"A lot betterlooking than you", she said, tickling him.

"I better go over there with Nachik. He wants me to play a game of chess", she said.

Out in the barn later that night . . . "I called this meeting, so we can discuss, whether the childern of the village, should attend the public school in town or not?", said Quanah.

"Who said they could go?", growled Waya, "We don't want any trouble!"

"The school teacher got the approval from her chiefs and she asked Quanah, if our childern could come", explained Santosh.

"The childern are the future of our village. We built it, so we could live on our own land and be free. If they aren't educated in the white man's way, they won't know how to keep themselves and their childern free. I think they should be allowed to attend, but if there's any sign of trouble, we should pull them out immediately", said Sohan.
"Yes, I agree", said Waya. "I agree", said Santosh.

"So, we all agree?", asked Quanah
"Yes, we all agreed!", growled Santosh, "Weren't you paying attention?"
"Forgive me, I have another problem on my mine", said Quanah.
"If I can help you with your other problem, just ask", said Santosh.
"Thank you, but it's something I have to deal with myself", said Quanah.

Across the lot, Samir was whispering something to Chandar. Then she hurried back over to the Gathering Place, before Nachik came looking for her.

Later that night, Samir checked to see if her brother Balik was asleep. She didn't think he would settle down tonight.

Samir ran across the lot toward the barn . . .

Where Chandar was waiting for her. He grabbed her and gave her a hug.

She smiled, then said, "Please let me go. "I need to catch my breath."
"I'm sorry, I was just so excited that you came", he said.

"Chandar, I think I made a mistake", she said.
"What, by meeting me like this?", he asked

"No, silly", she said, nuzzeling his neck.

"I think something I told my father, made him decide on Nachik", she said.
"What did you tell him?", asked Chandar.
"I told him that you were more pleasing to look at, but Nachik would make a better husband", she said.
"Samir, Nachik will make a better husband, but I will make a better lover", said Chandar.
"I better go. Balik might wake up", she said

Chandar kissed her goodbye and she left to go back to her hut, more confused than before.

To Be Continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 12 to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 10 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 12

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.