Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blood Brothers! Chapter 13
Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 12 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 14

Blood Brothers! Chapter 13

The next morning at the village, the childern were dressed in their new clothes and were excited about going to the white man's school. Shardul and Chandar were playing Punch Me - Punch U.

"You look prety in that red dress", Shardul told Hala.

"You look very handsome in ah . . . clothes", she laughed.

Samir asked Chandar to play "Red Hands". When she won, he said, "Not fair, I wasn't ready".

"You just don't want to admit a girl beat you", she joked, tickling him.

"But I have to admit, you certainly look handsome in those white man's clothes", she said.

Nachik watched Samir and Chandar. She was promised to him, but seemed to spend most of her time playing with Chandar.

Nachik went over to talk with her, "Samir, you look pretty in that blue dress", he said. "Thank you, you look nice, too", she told him.

Balik asked Shardul to play Punch Me - Punch U. "Come 'mon, hit harder!", said Balik.

"Maybe he can't hit no harder than that!", said Nachik

"Take it back!", growled Shardul. "Who's gonna make me?", asked Nachik. "ME!", growled Shardul.

"Shardul, you promised not to fight Nachik anymore", said Hala. "He started it", said Shardul.

"Hala, I'm always gonna stand up for myself, no matter what", he said. "Shardul, I don't know what I'm going to do with you", she laughed.

"It's eight-thirty, you should be on your way", Quanah told them.

Balik, Samir and Chandar walked together.

Nachik walked with Hala. "I appreciate what you did", he said.
"You know he's got a bad temper", said Hala, "You should know not to make him mad."

Shardul walked by himself, trying to calm down before he got to school.

At River's Edge Schoolhouse, the day for a big change had arrived. The teacher, Miss Molly O'Shay sit at her desk and watched her students, as they came into the classroom.

Charity Ellis was chatting with Horace Fletcher. "I think these two are sweet on each other", Molly thought to herself, "They do make a cute couple and they both come from good families."

Two of the Comanche boys were playing Punch U - Punch Me. She was pleased to see they were dressed in appropiate school clothes. The thought had crossed her mind that they might show up half-naked, in their Indian clothing.

Patience and Charity were whispering and giggling to each other about something.

One of the boys who was playing Punch U - Punch Me, asked the sisters, "Was you talking about us?"
"No, we have more important things to discuss than you", said Patience, sarcasticly.

"Students, when I call your name, say here", said Molly. She went down the list of students. The only one of her original students who hadn't returned was Tosha Go, but being that she was a townie, Molly wasn't able to check on her.

There was six new Indian students. Hala Fisher, a pretty teenager with long, straight black hair . . .

Samir Sweeney, a pretty teenager also with long, straight black hair. . .

Balik Sweeney, a handsome teenager with his black hair, pulled up into a half-way ponytail . . .

Chandar Whitefeather, a handsome teenager with black hair hanging to just below his shoulders . . .

Nachik Fisher, a rather thin teenager, with black hair, which was cut shorter than the others . . .

And Shardul Whitefeather, a handsome teenager with long, straight black hair. Unlike the others, he was wearing his traditional headband.

While the students were finishings their assignments, Molly prepared salami sandwiches for the whole class. She was ahead of her time, believing that the childern would learn better on a full stomach. As each student finished their assignments, they grabbed a plate.

After putting away his plate after eating, Chandar was walking back to his seat.

Patience was coming toward him to get herself a sandwich.

Chandar grabbed her and gave her a noogie!

"Why did you do that?", she asked. "Cause I wanted to", he answered.

"Students, it's time for recess", said Molly.

Patience came out into the school yard.and was chatting with her sister Charity's crush, Horace.. When Charity saw them, she had a mad look on her face.

After Patience left, Charity asked Horance to play Red Hands.

"Would you like to play a game of darts?", Patience asked Chandar. "Sure, if you don't mind getting beat", he said. "I wouldn't be so sure of that", she said.

Patience took her turn first. She recorded her score with the chalk.

Then it was Chandar's turn.

"Patience, look!", he called, pointing up at the sky.

When she turned to look up, Chandar cheated.

"How did you do that?", she asked surprised.

"I cheated", he admitted.

"No wonder you were so sure of beating me", she teased.

At three o'clock, school ended for the day and the childern headed for home.

"Well, there they go back to their village", said Patience. Do you think they'll come back tomorrow?", asked Charity.
"I centainy hope so", said Patience..

To be continued . . .

Click Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 14 to continue...

Back to: Blood Brothers! Chapter 12 Next: Blood Brothers! Chapter 14

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.