Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Gen 2, Part 21 - Subject, Beaker, Curious
Back to: Gen 2, Part 20 - Thanasia, Spector, Nigmos Next: Gen 3, Part 1 - Newson, Smith
Strangetown Orphanage

The orphanage was a slightly better place to be than Olive’s house, I’ll give it that. There was enough food to eat at least. And I suppose it wasn’t really the staff’s fault that they kept forgetting I existed. I’m a forgettable person.

I felt that it was only right to greet the newest arrival though. Even if she didn’t know it, we were related after all.

Ophelia was sobbing when I entered her room. She looked up and tried to wipe her eyes.

“H-hello. I’m Ophelia. And you are?”

Ignoring her question, I looked at my cousin for the first time. She was so different from me. Beloved by her parents, raised in a happy household. Wanted.

We had absolutely no common ground.

I was about to leave again when she got up and looked right at me. “That’s rude! You can’t just walk into my room and leave again without saying anything! At least tell me your name!”

“Boy.”

“That’s not a name.”

“I know.”

We stared at each other for a while. Then Ophelia smiled. “I thought you were really rude, coming into my room without even knocking, but now you just seem nervous.”

During the next few days I found out that Ophelia, unlike most people, actually remembered my existence. And she was tenacious, if nothing else. I tried to avoid her, but she’d follow me anyways. She ended up squeezing my whole life story out of me - the only thing I neglected to tell her was that we were related.

“You know.” Ophelia finally said after I had told her everything. “My parents loved me. Everybody kept telling me that I should remember this and not grieve. But that only made it hurt so much more, knowing that they loved me and they were gone now. But when I hear about your mother, I think I understand what they mean. And I think it hurts a bit less now.”

Knowing what I knew, I didn’t really know what to say whenever Ophelia brought up her parents. I mean, how would you react?

And then Ophelia told me that she was going to live with her auntie. And that her auntie was coming to pick her up tomorrow.

“Thank you for being my friend, nervous boy.” Ophelia said when I helped her pack her things. “I’ll miss you.”

I watched Olive from around the corner. She led Ophelia to the cab and gave a hateful glare to the orphanage before she drove away.

It was fortunate that the orphanage keeper didn’t remember that I was still here, but she did remember taking me from Olive. And Olive was bent on keeping Ophelia.

I escaped that night. The building burned down shortly after I’d left.

Beaker

While Loki was away at college and Erin was getting ready to leave as well, Bjorn and Gundrun grew older.

Nothing had changed in the past years and they still lived their lives apart from each other.

Until one day, Bjorn was found dead in the driveway.

The police came to the conclusion that he must have fallen from the balcony. Seeing as nobody but Bjorn had access to the room above the garage, the death was ruled an accident.

Having seen but little of Bjorn for most of their marriage, Gundrun was surprised to find how much she missed him.

Only several weeks later did it occur to Gundrun to look for the robot she knew Bjorn had built. By that time, ServBot_001 had disappeared, never to be seen again.

Erin refused to leave her mother until Loki was able to return to her, so she ended up postponing college for a year.

But Loki’s return and the announcement of his upcoming marriage to Circe Beaker cheered Gundrun up considerably.

College Households Curious, Beaker

Dear Jenny,

It’s good to hear that Pascal has recovered from the breakdown he had during college. I’ll keep your advice in mind and make sure not to push myself too hard.

I sent Vidcund off today, he’s doing remarkably well if you consider the news about Circe getting married. In fact, I’m pretty sure he has something planned, so if you could lock him up in his room for the next two months, that’d be great.

He gave me a lot of advice about college, that can mainly be summed up as “Don’t you dare go anywhere near Erin Beaker, she is evil and will swallow your soul.” So nothing unusual there.

Dear Pascal,

I’m doing very well, my grades are fine and it’s nice to have the house to myself. There’s no need to worry about me, I’m not stressed at all and I don’t see any cows.

I am also engaged to Erin Beaker. Please break the news gently to Vid.

Since I know you’re just dying to hear it, Erin was nice enough to let me listen when she told her brother about our engagement, so here’s a transcript of his reaction:

“HOW DARE THAT SLIMY WEASEL’S BROTHER SLEAZE HIS WAY INTO OUR GLORIOUS FAMILY AND POLLUTE OUR PRECIOUS GENE POOL WITH HIS FREAK GENES! HOW DARE HE STEAL MY DARLING BABY SISTER’S INNOCENCE WITH THOSE WILY SUNGLASSES HE WEARS INDOORS! SOON THE WORLD SHALL KNOW THE WRATH OF LOKI BEAKER AND I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE!”

Erin thought this considerably less funny, but she did like the sunglasses comment. I think they make me look cool.

Anyway, please tell me how Vid takes it.

End of Generation 2

Tying up a few loose ends that didn't fit very well together, but were very short. Generation 2 is now finished, since Lazlo and Erin were the last plot sims to graduate. Aside from Kristen Loste, who is really far behind on the age scale, but it'll be a bit before she gets her own plotline.

Anyway, surprise!

I decided early on that I was going to cheat for Nervous. Olive is really pretty and reaper kids tend to be very bland, so I made a sim version of Nervous' father. He looks a bit more like the original Nervous, more skeleton-like and such. Dark blue eyes, since that's what reaper kids get, and pale skin because that's what Nervous normally has. I'm pretty happy with the result, Nervous inherited a good amount of features from his father, but what he got from Olive softened them a bit.

Have I mentioned yet that I like Loki?

Coming up next: Bugeye!

Click Next: Gen 3, Part 1 - Newson, Smith to continue...

Back to: Gen 2, Part 20 - Thanasia, Spector, Nigmos Next: Gen 3, Part 1 - Newson, Smith

Click here to view comments, or to add your own.